Page 38 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Default Soolantra DAY 21 Update

Hi, This is my first post on this thread, but I thought it would be good if I could share my current progress with this cream.

Quick summary of my progress so far:
    Week 1: No huge change, but some improvements
    Week 2: Amazing week, No new pustules, skin texture was improving. no change with the redness.
    Week 3: Worst week, Had a major pustule outbreak on my nose. Cleared up mid-week and then came back again with a vengeance on Saturday and today.

So, I think my progress with this cream follows a similar pattern to a lot of people on here, First 2 weeks were good... No major reactions, Pustules seemed under control. And then out of no-where multiple outbreaks. This is where I'am now, I woke up to probably one of my worst outbreaks in the last 12 months. both sides of my nose covered in Pustules (not a pretty sight) But I will continue with Soolantra and hopefully will see some good results soon.

A little about me: 20-something guy, Clear skin except my nose. My nose is very oily and dry/flaky at the same time, Red with flushing after spicy food, gentle touching of the nose and cold weather and finally pustules. Over the last 5 years I tried everything I can get my hands on, Tetracycline, Doxycycline, Isotretinoin (Accutane), Finacea, Skinoren, Metrocream, Various skin oils, Creams, Cleansers etc. Tetracycline/Doxy were great for getting rid of the Pustules and some redness but like most people I didint want to stay on it for longer than a year. Accutane was amazing at killing off all pustules and making my nose much less oily, but obviously I cant stay on accutane for longer than 6 months. Metrocream/Finacea/Skinoren did help for a very brief period some time ago, but have been pretty useless since. Anyway, here I'am trying Soolantra, hoping that THIS WILL BE IT.

Default Update of week 3

Now I have completed week 3. I must admit not much has changed. I have new pimples and my skin feels harsh. For sake there are no big pimples. I would say it is a little bit worse than before I started the treatment. Maybe it is because the cream plugs the pores. Maybe the pimples are more acne. But the pimples normally can not be squeezed and disappear with time. So this is more a a sign of rosacea.

Anyway I will continue.

I have also completed week 3, and my skin is unfortunately worse than ever. I get new papules almost every day, and my right cheek is bright red and peeling. I will continue though, hoping this is as bad as it will get..

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    I have also completed week 3, and my skin is unfortunately worse than ever. I get new papules almost every day, and my right cheek is bright red and peeling. I will continue though, hoping this is as bad as it will get..
    Ive just begun week 4 and my skin is already starting to heal up (knock on wood) no new pustules today, still got a few from yesterday (worst pustule outbreak this year)

But stick in there, The reason youre getting these outbreaks is because all of the demodex are dying out and thus causing skin infections. remember to keep your face clean, in a few weeks you should have a clean, bug-free face

Week 3 and 6 is known for the die off phase

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Optimismum View Post
    Week 3 and 6 is known for the die off phase

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Im sure week 6 wont be as bad though because I doubt there will be as many of those little pests born this time round. Ill be ready for it though...

Just reporting back after using Soolantra for 6 months. Everything is still going well and my skin is very smooth, moisturized and pimple free! A friend actually said I look younger than I am because my skin is so good which was such a nice compliment given how bad my skin was a year ago.

I'm still using it every night with Cerave face wash. I no longer apply night cream. During the day I use clinique redness relief cream (or sometimes Jason vitamin e cream) and cool sunscreen (which is amazing!) I also sometimes spray avene water on my face.

I'm trying to keep it simple and I am now focused more on trying to solve my GI issues because I think they're the source of my rosacea. Trying to gets lots of beneficial bacteria and cut back on dairy and wheat.

Has anyone scientific evidence for this "die off" theory? Had anyone with big success with Soolantra similar late outbreak phases? I personally can not believe of this die off phase although I would like to think so. In the assessment report about Soolantra nowbody looses a word about a die off theory and in the studies the state of the skin of the patients constantly improves or at least the group in total improves.

Moreover the study assumes that demodex could be a factor of rosacea but until now there is still no evidence.

I will continue as well but we should keep thinking rational.

Wish you guys good look!
    Last edited by John1982; 2nd May 2016 at 10:33 PM.

Ellie

Why do you think gut/GI issues are the cause of your rosacea? If Soolontra works so well for you, wouldn't you think it would be demodex?

Quote Originally Posted by Faith1989 View Post
    Ellie

Why do you think gut/GI issues are the cause of your rosacea? If Soolontra works so well for you, wouldn't you think it would be demodex?
    I think the theory is that that GI causes the over population of demodex. Therefor the soolantra kills the demodex but maybe the GI will be the root cause of the whole issue...

However none of this has been proven.