Page 36 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 1359

Thread: Soolantra

  1. #351
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    208
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juelz_239 View Post
    To be honest, its not useful to evaluate the Soolantra therapy after a few days or weeks as many do. Soolantra needs time to take a sustainable effect – my derm who is specialized for rosacea told it to me in the beginning. She said it could be half a year.

    Im at week 17 now and see more and more improvements since around 5 weeks. The first 12 weeks were different, one week good condition, the other week very bad, lots of the small white heads on places where I never had them. I suspect you need some breakouts that the skin is able to clear up as time goes by. The mites are dying all around your face, keep in mind! With Soolantra you have to be very patient. I read about some people who broke up the therapy after week 2 or 3 beacause skin was worse. I think this is fatal because you have to wait at least 12 weeks to draw a (first) conclusion.

    Now my skin condition is about 70% better than before. I will continue Soolantra (treat every night) at least to the 6th month. Good luck everyone!
    Juelz, do you have p & p's with your Rosacea ?

  2. #352
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    6
    Country: England

    Default Soolantra long term

    Hi i have been using soolantra since last july and i am delighted with the results. There have been times when i have had outbreaks but on the whole my nose is clear 95% of the time. I used to get large boil type spots that were painful and disfiguring but not any more. I did have a strange outbreak on my chin a few weeks ago so use the cream there as well now. Previously i had been on lymecycline for 2 years which helped and now if i have an outbreak i go back on them for couple weeks. I use soolantra at night and an over the counter acne cream in the morning. This cream has greatly improved my life, i even go out without make up sometimes now. I also had some laser treatment after the spots disappeared to reduce the redness. I hope this info helps 😀

  3. #353
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4
    Country: Norway

    Default

    I´m new to this forum. I was just diagnosed with rosacea. I have many small bumps/papules, some pink and some white. I flush sometimes, but my face is not really red most of the time. The papules are way worse on one side of my face, mostly on my cheek. My dermatologist gave me soolantra, and I have been using it for 10 days. First five days went ok, but day 6 i started to break out worse. I guess this is a little too soon for the so called "die off effect"? My dermatologist told me that I was not supposed to get worse before I got better. Now I´m at a loss. Did anyone experience this, and get better after a while? My face has never looked this bad before..

  4. #354
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    866
    Country: Greece

    Default Soolantra

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    I´m new to this forum. I was just diagnosed with rosacea. I have many small bumps/papules, some pink and some white. I flush sometimes, but my face is not really red most of the time. The papules are way worse on one side of my face, mostly on my cheek. My dermatologist gave me soolantra, and I have been using it for 10 days. First five days went ok, but day 6 i started to break out worse. I guess this is a little too soon for the so called "die off effect"? My dermatologist told me that I was not supposed to get worse before I got better. Now I´m at a loss. Did anyone experience this, and get better after a while? My face has never looked this bad before..
    It's not too soon to be the die off effect and you ARE supposed to look worse before you get better. Don't worry and stick to your treatment, it seems to be working.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by MariaSt; 20th April 2016 at 10:55 PM.

  5. #355
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    11
    Country: Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Momof3boys View Post
    Juelz, do you have p & p's with your Rosacea ?
    Yes, with moderate redness. Soolantra is mainly against p&p's.

  6. #356
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4
    Country: Norway

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    It's not too soon to be the die off effect and you ARE supposed to look worse before you get better. Don't worry and stick to your treatment, it seems to be working.
    Good luck!
    Thank you for your reply. I will see what happens the next ten days.

  7. #357
    Member happycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    50

    Default Starting Soolantra

    Hello, can I join the Soolantra team?
    I have started my treatment with Soolantra 2 days ago, hoping to get rid of my red p&ps that I have on my cheeks. I am two days into my treatment, I know it is far too early to draw any conclusions, but so far no change good or bad.

    Do I need to apply the cream all over my face? My affected area is my left cheek and a tiny bit on the right one. Forehead and chin are ok, they have never been affected.

  8. #358
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    866
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happycat View Post
    Do I need to apply the cream all over my face? My affected area is my left cheek and a tiny bit on the right one. Forehead and chin are ok, they have never been affected.
    Yes,apply it all over your face and neck,don't forget your eyebrows. Demodex lives even in seemingly healthy areas of your skin.

  9. #359
    Member happycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Ok thank you.
    I will probably finish the tube of cream (30g) in less than a month if I apply it all over.

  10. #360
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    866
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happycat View Post
    Ok thank you.
    I will probably finish the tube of cream (30g) in less than a month if I apply it all over.
    If you don't, you will possibly get new p&ps on untreated areas.

Similar Threads

  1. Soolantra & Retin A
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29th April 2017, 05:41 PM
  2. Soolantra???
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 15th December 2015, 10:10 PM
  3. Soolantra Update...
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25th April 2015, 04:03 AM
  4. Soolantra...
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 1st April 2015, 09:15 PM
  5. Soolantra dosage
    By thekarens in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19th March 2015, 08:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •