Page 36 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Quote Originally Posted by juelz_239 View Post
    To be honest, its not useful to evaluate the Soolantra therapy after a few days or weeks as many do. Soolantra needs time to take a sustainable effect – my derm who is specialized for rosacea told it to me in the beginning. She said it could be half a year.

Im at week 17 now and see more and more improvements since around 5 weeks. The first 12 weeks were different, one week good condition, the other week very bad, lots of the small white heads on places where I never had them. I suspect you need some breakouts that the skin is able to clear up as time goes by. The mites are dying all around your face, keep in mind! With Soolantra you have to be very patient. I read about some people who broke up the therapy after week 2 or 3 beacause skin was worse. I think this is fatal because you have to wait at least 12 weeks to draw a (first) conclusion.

Now my skin condition is about 70% better than before. I will continue Soolantra (treat every night) at least to the 6th month. Good luck everyone!
    Juelz, do you have p & p's with your Rosacea ?

Default Soolantra long term

Hi i have been using soolantra since last july and i am delighted with the results. There have been times when i have had outbreaks but on the whole my nose is clear 95% of the time. I used to get large boil type spots that were painful and disfiguring but not any more. I did have a strange outbreak on my chin a few weeks ago so use the cream there as well now. Previously i had been on lymecycline for 2 years which helped and now if i have an outbreak i go back on them for couple weeks. I use soolantra at night and an over the counter acne cream in the morning. This cream has greatly improved my life, i even go out without make up sometimes now. I also had some laser treatment after the spots disappeared to reduce the redness. I hope this info helps 😀

I´m new to this forum. I was just diagnosed with rosacea. I have many small bumps/papules, some pink and some white. I flush sometimes, but my face is not really red most of the time. The papules are way worse on one side of my face, mostly on my cheek. My dermatologist gave me soolantra, and I have been using it for 10 days. First five days went ok, but day 6 i started to break out worse. I guess this is a little too soon for the so called "die off effect"? My dermatologist told me that I was not supposed to get worse before I got better. Now I´m at a loss. Did anyone experience this, and get better after a while? My face has never looked this bad before..

Default Soolantra

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    I´m new to this forum. I was just diagnosed with rosacea. I have many small bumps/papules, some pink and some white. I flush sometimes, but my face is not really red most of the time. The papules are way worse on one side of my face, mostly on my cheek. My dermatologist gave me soolantra, and I have been using it for 10 days. First five days went ok, but day 6 i started to break out worse. I guess this is a little too soon for the so called "die off effect"? My dermatologist told me that I was not supposed to get worse before I got better. Now I´m at a loss. Did anyone experience this, and get better after a while? My face has never looked this bad before..
    It's not too soon to be the die off effect and you ARE supposed to look worse before you get better. Don't worry and stick to your treatment, it seems to be working.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by MariaSt; 20th April 2016 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3boys View Post
    Juelz, do you have p & p's with your Rosacea ?
    Yes, with moderate redness. Soolantra is mainly against p&p's.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    It's not too soon to be the die off effect and you ARE supposed to look worse before you get better. Don't worry and stick to your treatment, it seems to be working.
    Good luck!
    Thank you for your reply. I will see what happens the next ten days.

Default Starting Soolantra

Hello, can I join the Soolantra team?
    I have started my treatment with Soolantra 2 days ago, hoping to get rid of my red p&ps that I have on my cheeks. I am two days into my treatment, I know it is far too early to draw any conclusions, but so far no change good or bad.

Do I need to apply the cream all over my face? My affected area is my left cheek and a tiny bit on the right one. Forehead and chin are ok, they have never been affected.

Quote Originally Posted by happycat View Post
    Do I need to apply the cream all over my face? My affected area is my left cheek and a tiny bit on the right one. Forehead and chin are ok, they have never been affected.
    Yes,apply it all over your face and neck,don't forget your eyebrows. Demodex lives even in seemingly healthy areas of your skin.

Ok thank you.
    I will probably finish the tube of cream (30g) in less than a month if I apply it all over.

Quote Originally Posted by happycat View Post
    Ok thank you.
    I will probably finish the tube of cream (30g) in less than a month if I apply it all over.
    If you don't, you will possibly get new p&ps on untreated areas.