Page 35 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 1359

Thread: Soolantra

  1. #341
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    28
    Country: Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John1982 View Post
    Here I also join the club of Soolantra users. I am 33 years old and have spots on the forehead and nose and redness on these places as well as on the cheeks. I get flushes especially when it is cold or very hot.

    I began with the creme last week. In germany you have to pay 5 Euro as an additional charge to what the health insurance pays for.

    I think I take the amount of a pea for the all the affected areas (forehead, nose, cheeks). The first three days I had a little redness and dandruff. Since that I got a few little spots but no big ones that would hurt. I am satisfied and feel confident. I will take it at least six weeks even if no improvement happens in between because in the survey some had improvements not until a few weeks.

    I will report every week now. Good look guys!
    Actually I promised to give feedback once a week. My problem was that I was on holiday for two weeks and unfortunately I forgot the tube. So I could continue not until this monday. At the beginning I took the amount of one pea for all areas but I think it was meant to take the amount of a pea for each area. So now I take much more. What should I say. My skin looks really healthy and smooth. I did not had this feeling long time ago. It is amazing. After Applying it gets very red for a few minutes but disappeares after half an hour. I am very optimistic.

  2. #342
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    208
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John1982 View Post
    Actually I promised to give feedback once a week. My problem was that I was on holiday for two weeks and unfortunately I forgot the tube. So I could continue not until this monday. At the beginning I took the amount of one pea for all areas but I think it was meant to take the amount of a pea for each area. So now I take much more. What should I say. My skin looks really healthy and smooth. I did not had this feeling long time ago. It is amazing. After Applying it gets very red for a few minutes but disappeares after half an hour. I am very optimistic.
    John , did you have p & p 's with your Rosacea ?

  3. #343
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    866
    Country: Greece

    Default

    I would like to ask all the Soolantra users,if they have noticed any systemic side effect of the cream?

  4. #344
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Hello Maria,

    I used it 3 months and no systemic effect noticed. Nothing.

  5. #345
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    28
    Country: Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Momof3boys View Post
    John , did you have p & p 's with your Rosacea ?
    Yes, I have. About one big one per week and three little ones per day. And beside a little redness on forehead, nose and cheek.

  6. #346
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    28
    Country: Germany

    Default

    Here my weekly update.

    After first week and a half all in all not much difference. The skin feels more smooth and less rough. Redness has not changed. My skin feels more oily and I have more little blackheads because the creme is quite fatty.

    But this is nothing to be worried about. There is still a long way to go.

  7. #347
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    83
    Country: England

    Default

    Albertotomb11 I have to agree with the others, I'm currently on Day 25 (I have a separate thread in the newbie section regarding my Soolantra treatment diary). Let's just say that I've had a few setbacks. Week 1 was fine, a little improvement but Week 2, 3 & half of 4 have been hard. The annoying part is my set backs have been different each week. Having said that, I am trying to remain optimistic and patient, even though I am so down at times, I truly believe you need to persevere with this treatment. If by Week 8 you're still encountering obvious issues then I'd recommend discontinuing (or at least that's my plan), but not yet.

  8. #348
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    11
    Country: Germany

    Default be patient

    To be honest, its not useful to evaluate the Soolantra therapy after a few days or weeks as many do. Soolantra needs time to take a sustainable effect – my derm who is specialized for rosacea told it to me in the beginning. She said it could be half a year.

    Im at week 17 now and see more and more improvements since around 5 weeks. The first 12 weeks were different, one week good condition, the other week very bad, lots of the small white heads on places where I never had them. I suspect you need some breakouts that the skin is able to clear up as time goes by. The mites are dying all around your face, keep in mind! With Soolantra you have to be very patient. I read about some people who broke up the therapy after week 2 or 3 beacause skin was worse. I think this is fatal because you have to wait at least 12 weeks to draw a (first) conclusion.

    Now my skin condition is about 70% better than before. I will continue Soolantra (treat every night) at least to the 6th month. Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by juelz_239; 19th April 2016 at 10:39 PM.

  9. #349
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    83
    Country: England

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juelz_239 View Post
    To be honest, its not useful to evaluate the Soolantra therapy after a few days or weeks as many do. Soolantra needs time to take a sustainable effect – my derm who is specialized for rosacea told it to me in the beginning. She said it could be half a year.

    Im at week 17 now and see more and more improvements since around 5 weeks. The first 12 weeks were different, one week good condition, the other week very bad, lots of the small white heads on places where I never had them. I suspect you need some breakouts that the skin is able to clear up as time goes by. The mites are dying all around your face, keep in mind! With Soolantra you have to be very patient. I read about some people who broke up the therapy after week 2 or 3 beacause skin was worse. I think this is fatal because you have to wait at least 12 weeks to draw a (first) conclusion.

    Now my skin condition is about 70% better than before. I will continue Soolantra (treat every night) at least to the 6th month. Good luck everyone!
    Good advice juelz, do you take/apply anything else with Soolantra?

  10. #350
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    11
    Country: Germany

    Default

    Nope, nothing worth to mention, just a light moisturizer daily. I didn't change anything from starting Soolantra, so all effects are definitely from the creme.

    Month before Soolantra I took topic antibiotics which helps only for 3-4 weeks - typically for antibiotics. I clean my face only in the evening, just water in the morning. Since that my skin isnt that sensible than before. Many times less is more. I sometimes read posts from people who list all the stuff they take, cremes, pills, almost every treatment on the market ... that couldnt be wise.

    I only will give a try to Ichthlaretten soon (partly a natural treatment), it should help against oily skin. Soolantra reduced a bit the oily but its still there.

Similar Threads

  1. Soolantra & Retin A
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29th April 2017, 05:41 PM
  2. Soolantra???
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 15th December 2015, 10:10 PM
  3. Soolantra Update...
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25th April 2015, 04:03 AM
  4. Soolantra...
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 1st April 2015, 09:15 PM
  5. Soolantra dosage
    By thekarens in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19th March 2015, 08:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •