Page 3 of 135 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Default Soolantra working so far

I have been taking Soolantra for 20 days for the redness on my nose. I give it a thumbs up as the redness has definitely gone down a little bit and it is easier to take than Azelex. Overall I am happy with it.

Default forgot to say one thing...

Death to the Demodex mites!!!

I have been taking Soolantra for 20 days for the redness on my nose. I give it a thumbs up as the redness has definitely gone down a little bit and it is easier to take than Azelex. Overall I am happy with it.
    Do you have flush issue and P&P or just permanent redness on nose?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just to report back, I wound up giving up on this. As with many things I've tried, it felt like (maybe) one step forward and two steps back. Though I didn't see any aggravation, I felt as though it was making me much more oily and causing increased blackheads. Based on a few other reviews online, it seems I'm not the only one who experienced this. I don't know, maybe I needed to stick it out longer (I was on it for almost five weeks). I'm purely speculating, but I think the increased oiliness/blackheads might have something to do with the Cetaphil base, as I've had problems with Cetaphil before.

Maybe the die off phase?

I'm not taking Soolantra, but Ivermectin from another source. I had a really bad die-off response the first time I tried it, but now I'm using it along with Doxycycline (antibiotic) and there have been no more die-off symptoms. I figured the die-off was caused by bacteria being released when the little critters are killed, so the antibiotic is to clean that up. So far so good, though it's only been a few days. After applying the ivermectin, I usually feel a little bit of a crawling sensation which comes and goes, and the skin becomes much less red and "normal" looking. I definitely think the antibiotic is key because I took it after the die-off symptoms started and within a few hours they were totally gone. At the moment, I'm taking a doxycycline dose of 100mg in the morning and at night, and applying ivermectin a few times throughout the day.

Default Working for me!

So I only started Thursday, and maybe it's too soon to tell, but I've had fantastic results so far. I was so excited about these results that I had to come on here to share my experience with others.

I have a mild rosacea with mostly flushing. But I do have flare ups that create some papules along my laugh lines and cheeks. My biggest trigger is sun and heat, which is impossible to avoid. My skin was so sensitive that I couldn't even wear sunscreen. I was so frustrated about this that I finally broke down and saw my dermatologist. Mine wasn't available, and they had me see another doctor in the practice. She was amazing! She actually listened to me, and then gave me samples of soolantra, along with a new face wash and sunscreen. She said try soolantra for a couple weeks, if it doesn't work we can go back to financea.

I am on my fifth day now, and the results are incredible! First off, my skin doesn't hurt. It always stings even when I'm not having a flare up. Second, I saw instant improvement in the redness, and the texture. I also was out in the sun and heat yesterday without flare up. I'm out in it right now, too. And last night I ate ice cream, without a problem!

I've been applying it in the morning very sparingly. I read that it causes irritation, and my skin is extra sensitive, so I apply a tiny amount in the morning just to the areas that are affected. So far it really has been great. I haven't tried the face wash or sunscreen yet, because I don't want them to effect my results. I will keep everyone posted on how soolantra works.

HI, congrats on the early success! Hope it continues! Sounds promising. So do you think that this is helping with your flushing? I get bumps a little bit, but my prob is mostly flushing to warm rooms, light/computer and heat. I also have permanent redness, which sounds like you don't have?

That's so great! Hope the good results continue!

Alex1134, did you get a worse phase before improvement?