Page 27 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

I would say I have rosacea-like demodicosis.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    I would say I have rosacea-like demodicosis.
    Do you use topicals or orals ? Any success with what you use ?

Default Soolantra

I have used both orals and topicals. Ivermectin and sulfur are the only ones I haven't tried yet.

I have used both orals and topicals. Ivermectin and sulfur are the only ones I haven't tried yet.
    Do you have your Rosacea under control ? Also do you get the stinging / burning or itchy face ?

Yes,it's under control after using metronidazole, tto and sugar-free diet. My burning/stinging/itching sensation is much less frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by CARNI View Post
    I have a friend in Canada and I told him to look for the cream soolantra but can not find it anywhere in pharmacies also I have a friend in Chicago ! where to look for the cream ?
    where can I find it? what pharmacies ?
    Nobody has the cream and nobody knows this cream soolantra!!!
    In Canada, Soolantra is known as Rosiver. I googled it and saw it listed with some of the Canadian pharmacies.

Yes,it's under control after using metronidazole, tto and sugar-free diet. My burning/stinging/itching sensation is much less frequent.
    That is awesome !!!!! Is metronidazole an antibiotic ? Do you apply it everyday ? I try to limit sugar as much as I can . I also eat gluten free but thats only because I truly have a wheat sensitivity . Do you wear make up ? Or use a moisturizer daily and sunscreen ?
    Right now I wear no foundation at all . Just mascara , shadow , lipstick . Minimal sunscreen . At night I dont apply anything on my face .

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3boys View Post
    That is awesome !!!!! Is metronidazole an antibiotic ? Do you apply it everyday ? I try to limit sugar as much as I can . I also eat gluten free but thats only because I truly have a wheat sensitivity . Do you wear make up ? Or use a moisturizer daily and sunscreen ?
    Right now I wear no foundation at all . Just mascara , shadow , lipstick . Minimal sunscreen . At night I dont apply anything on my face .
    Yes, metronidazole is an antibiotic, it targets the bacteria living inside demodex. I applied it every day for 6 months and it was effective, but I want something even more effective. I can't wear makeup nor sunscreen anymore, it breaks me out. I don't wear mascara either, because I have demodex blefaritis. My face is almost calm as it is, I am using only a tto face-wash and following the sugar-free and almost gluten-free diet.

Yes, metronidazole is an antibiotic, it targets the bacteria living inside demodex. I applied it every day for 6 months and it was effective, but I want something even more effective. I can't wear makeup nor sunscreen anymore, it breaks me out. I don't wear mascara either, because I have demodex blefaritis. My face is almost calm as it is, I am using only a tto face-wash and following the sugar-free and almost gluten-free diet.
    Most makeup and sunscreen 's break me out also . But mineral makeup I do ok with and a sunscreen applied lightly to my face . I only use a chemical free one . I use to use liquid makeup and always got a pimple a day or two later . So that is when I switched . Does your derm offer Soolantra ? I know it has been pretty effective for most . Not for me of course but it you have demodex it may be better than the metro .

Soolantra is not available where I live. I have found oral ivermectin and a compound ivermectin cream and I am going to start the treatment one of these days. I think I'll take the pills first and use the cream later if needed.