Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1349

Thread: Soolantra

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Well I've officially jumped, here's to hoping I don't land flat on my belly...

    I applied it this morning and thankfully my face didn't melt off. No itchy skin or flaring, but my skin is usually much calmer and less reactive in the mornings so I'm not sure how much should be read into that. My current regimen plan is:

    Mornings -

    Wash with Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser
    Apply Soolantra
    Moisturize with avocado oil or Proactiv green tea moisturizer as needed

    ~No sunscreen for me at the moment, as every one I've tried, including Elta MD, have caused breakouts. I have a few large hats that I think make me more or less look like a walking sight gag, but I have long, thick, curly hair so I suppose I'm able to make it appear marginally fashionable (or so my friends tell me, probably just to soothe my ego a little). I also seek shade like a moth to the flame~

    Nights -

    Wash with Aloe Calming Cleanser
    Apply Effaclar Duo every other night as I've previously been doing
    Moisturize with avocado oil or green tea moisturizer as needed

    I'll try and report back every week or so...

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    88
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWillikers View Post
    Well I've officially jumped, here's to hoping I don't land flat on my belly...

    I applied it this morning and thankfully my face didn't melt off. No itchy skin or flaring, but my skin is usually much calmer and less reactive in the mornings so I'm not sure how much should be read into that. My current regimen plan is:

    Mornings -

    Wash with Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser
    Apply Soolantra
    Moisturize with avocado oil or Proactiv green tea moisturizer as needed

    ~No sunscreen for me at the moment, as every one I've tried, including Elta MD, have caused breakouts. I have a few large hats that I think make me more or less look like a walking sight gag, but I have long, thick, curly hair so I suppose I'm able to make it appear marginally fashionable (or so my friends tell me, probably just to soothe my ego a little). I also seek shade like a moth to the flame~

    Nights -

    Wash with Aloe Calming Cleanser
    Apply Effaclar Duo every other night as I've previously been doing
    Moisturize with avocado oil or green tea moisturizer as needed

    I'll try and report back every week or so...

    Good luck! Keep us posted. I too have a tube of Soolantra I have not tried because of all the mixed reviews. Currently, I have no P and P's and suffer slight redness and flushing when I eat something that triggers my Rosacea. I am still learning what my triggers are since been diagnosed in December 2014. I understand the Soolantra is just for the P and P's and Acne lesions but not for redness and flushing. So I am curious on how it does on that aspect of your adventure into the Soolantra world.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    52
    Country: United States

    Default

    To my best understanding, Soolantra is less like a medication, and more birth control from mites. I believe, if you have a Demodex issue, Soolantra will benefit your condition regardless you have P&P's or not.
    Some people experience temporary flares when old mites die off, and their bodies leave bacterial, causing added inflammation.
    Comparatively speaking, I've found Soolantra to be the lesser of some evils when up against other topicals.

    I've been e-mailing, and researching, and in most cases, if you use Soolantra, you'll see "something" around day 24, and 45 of use, due to the life cycles of the mites (although different species of mites can survive different durations).

    Now, I'm not saying this is "how it is", this is just what some of my conclusions are. Best wishes too all.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    52
    Country: United States

    Default Week 3 update

    Well, I'm on my final week of Soolantra, and I'm unimpressed.
    The red spots that came up have faded a lot, but are still kind of there, who knows when another will arise...

    The reason I began this cream is to try and mitigate my redness, which it hasn't done ANYTHING for.
    From many peoples experiences, Soolantra worked great; their condition reacted within the first couple weeks. Mine hasn't.
    I believe my condition isn't linked with Demodex (obviously), but maybe by some miracle this week, the Soolantra will kick in ):

    I've been putting it on after my nightly shower, if that makes any difference or not...
    I hope I'm not discouraging anyone against trying soolantra, but in my case, it has been more hurt then help thus far.

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I put mine on in the morning after my shower and once it dries I put on sunscreen.

    Mine has done a 180 with the p&p. I don't think it's done much for the redness except it's not quite as inflamed. Since I've had a major problem with p&p I'm pretty happy.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    52
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I put mine on in the morning after my shower and once it dries I put on sunscreen.

    Mine has done a 180 with the p&p. I don't think it's done much for the redness except it's not quite as inflamed. Since I've had a major problem with p&p I'm pretty happy.
    I'm glad you're having success! I wish we were on the same boat.

    I'm basically free of P&P's, but because of my conditions specific attributes I tried Soolantra..
    How long did it take you to notice improvements?

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by key69 View Post
    I'm glad you're having success! I wish we were on the same boat.

    I'm basically free of P&P's, but because of my conditions specific attributes I tried Soolantra..
    How long did it take you to notice improvements?
    By the second week and then at week 3 and 6 I think I flared back up and then I started improving again.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    52
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    By the second week and then at week 3 and 6 I think I flared back up and then I started improving again.
    Yeah, that sounds pretty consistent with the majority of people experience. With me, I haven't noticed anything like that. 95% convinced that this stuff isn't going to do a dang thing for me ):

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    88
    Country: United States

    Default

    Has anyone gone past week 6 with continued success with Soolantra and if you have, were there more flare ups, say at week 8 or week 9 or week 10, even beyond? Has anyone gone farther than 10 weeks with NO additional flare ups. So many mixed reviews on success.

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    52
    Country: United States

    Default

    Well, last night I decided to quit using Soolantra. I had been using it for over a month, without any success. Not sure if it was a coincidence, or the cream, but my face was more "active" then ever. I've had more than one papule, and added red spots since I began using Soolantra, the spots I guess are permanent. I really hope I gave this med enough time to work, but I think I have.
    Those with Demodex issues usually see some improvement/major flare within at least 3 weeks. My condition doesn't resemble the common demodectic features; no P&P's, not symmetrical areas, and not itchy whatsoever. Just stubborn, slow spreading blotchy redness.

    I'm at a loss. No major food issues, no triggers (even alcohol or the sun), unaffected by sulfur products, and now unaffected by Ivermectin. I'm uneasy about antibiotics & lasers.

    Ugh, feeling so low; so stressed. I'm only an 18 yr old guy, have a 8 month old daughter, collage, and work to keep up with, dealing with this every day really lowers the quality of my life in every aspect . Focusing on what I need to be focused on is becoming increasingly difficult.. I keep asking the question, "Why me? Why now".

    Sorry for this rant, but expressing some of this helps me cope; maybe it'll help others feel better about their situation.

Similar Threads

  1. Soolantra & Retin A
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29th April 2017, 05:41 PM
  2. Soolantra???
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 15th December 2015, 10:10 PM
  3. Soolantra Update...
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25th April 2015, 04:03 AM
  4. Soolantra...
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 1st April 2015, 09:15 PM
  5. Soolantra dosage
    By thekarens in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19th March 2015, 08:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •