Page 126 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1361

Thread: Soolantra

Quote Originally Posted by benson1990 View Post
    Hey, I got this off my doctor today. I had been on skinoren (Azeliac acid) for a few couple of years but it started to lose its effect. Im just after starting the soolantra, its just for my nose.

What happens to me is first I notice my nose gets a bit sore, then a red pimple appears that's sore and it brings some redness around it, in a couple of days it turns into a whitehead or pustule and then it falls off and the redness goes with it. It's only ever one pimple at a time and only on my nose.

Really destroying my mental health and has been for a long time, I struggle to leave the house. Hope this can work for me and im nervous of getting a bad die off period. Does that happen to everyone?
    Benson,
    You found the correct thread about Soolantra. Yes, many in this thread (you are the 1250th post in this thread) have reported 'die-off' (mites die) and your skin seems to get worse before it gets better. Many report it takes months of Soolantra use and then continue to use it as maintenance only, once they get demodectic rosacea under control. I only use Soolantra maybe once or twice a month and in the meantime use the ZZ Cream, Avar-e Green, Ovace, or simply nothing for a couple of days. I only use water to wash my face since I find soap seems to irritate. When I do use soap I only use Ivory which is mild. So spend some time reading the other 1249 posts in this thread to get an idea of Soolantra use, since it will probably answer any question you may have about Soolantra. This thread is a wealth of data on Soolantra. There are many, many threads started by others about Soolantra, i.e. like this one (started earlier than this thread), but this is the king of the Soolantra threads.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 22nd March 2018 at 01:01 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Cision, on Jan 30, 2018, states, "Annual market sales for the last 12 months were approximately $120 million, according to IMS Health."
    Perrigo Announces Tentative FDA Approval For The Generic Version Of Soolantra® Cream, 1%, Cision
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Benson,
    You found the correct thread about Soolantra. Yes, many in this thread (you are the 1250th post in this thread) have reported 'die-off' (mites die) and your skin seems to get worse before it gets better. Many report it takes months of Soolantra use and then continue to use it as maintenance only, once they get demodectic rosacea under control. I only use Soolantra maybe once or twice a month and in the meantime use the ZZ Cream, Avar-e Green, Ovace, or simply nothing for a couple of days. I only use water to wash my face since I find soap seems to irritate. When I do use soap I only use Ivory which is mild. So spend some time reading the other 1249 posts in this thread to get an idea of Soolantra use, since it will probably answer any question you may have about Soolantra. This thread is a wealth of data on Soolantra. There are many, many threads started by others about Soolantra, i.e. like this one (started earlier than this thread), but this is the king of the Soolantra threads.
    HI!! I started Soolantra 2 weeks ago, I apply it at night after washing my face with Malkie Sulphur Soap, then I apply Cerva Moisturizing Cream. (Have been using the soap and cream for a few months)

For the first 3 days, my skin was surprisingly smooth with no redness.

Since the 4th day, the redness had come back with many whiteheads around my face.

My face and eyes were so red these two days and some spots are so itchy.... I could feel the tingling at night after switching off the light.

Could anyone please tell me if I am experiencing a mite die-off symptoms? I do not dare to go out anymore.. feeling so depressed..

Today marks the beginning of Week3... Should I continue with Soolantra?

MANY THANKS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hunghung View Post
    HI!! I started Soolantra 2 weeks ago, I apply it at night after washing my face with Malkie Sulphur Soap, then I apply Cerva Moisturizing Cream. (Have been using the soap and cream for a few months)

For the first 3 days, my skin was surprisingly smooth with no redness.

Since the 4th day, the redness had come back with many whiteheads around my face.

My face and eyes were so red these two days and some spots are so itchy.... I could feel the tingling at night after switching off the light.

Could anyone please tell me if I am experiencing a mite die-off symptoms? I do not dare to go out anymore.. feeling so depressed..

Today marks the beginning of Week3... Should I continue with Soolantra?

MANY THANKS!!!!!
    Maybe it's good to stop using the asufre soap and see what happens in a few days. look for a group called rosacea rescue on facebook, there they can also guide you

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    Maybe it's good to stop using the asufre soap and see what happens in a few days. look for a group called rosacea rescue on facebook, there they can also guide you
    I suspect that 2 things are happening here:
    1. the white head pustules are mite die off. This will get better - it's the Soolantra have an effect
    2. your skin is reacting to the sulphur soap, which is causing the redness and itching. This happened to me, a terrible rash, loads of itching (really bad) and what seemed to be red spots but not acne ones. I stopped the soap and the rash stopped. I then went to my GP who prescribed a gel to deal with the reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by KSD69 View Post
    I suspect that 2 things are happening here:
    1. the white head pustules are mite die off. This will get better - it's the Soolantra have an effect
    2. your skin is reacting to the sulphur soap, which is causing the redness and itching. This happened to me, a terrible rash, loads of itching (really bad) and what seemed to be red spots but not acne ones. I stopped the soap and the rash stopped. I then went to my GP who prescribed a gel to deal with the reaction.
    Thanks for your reply!

May I know how long you have used Soolantra and what has happened in Week1,2,3 and so on??

Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hunghung View Post
    Thanks for your reply!

May I know how long you have used Soolantra and what has happened in Week1,2,3 and so on??

Many thanks!
    Sure.
    I have been using it since Nov 2017.
    My skin now is pretty good (virtually no redness) but I do get white spots/papules when I apply the Soolantra. These dry out and go after around a week. This is the die off.
    I have not been able to completely rid my self of these ... I am hoping that my diet will see to that ie no sugar, yeast, gluten, dairy.

Things improved a lot .... I try to avoid cleansers and creams now ... they tend to make things worse.
    So it's Soolantra at night and during the day just wash face and apply a tiny bit of moisturiser.

Good luck.

Hi everyone. I started using Soolantra a little less than 2 weeks ago. Within a few days of starting it I got little red bumps all over my face. I have never had bumps on my forehead or the lower part of my cheeks/jawline but since starting it I do. I’m hoping that this is a good sign and it’s the effects of the dermodex die off. It doesn’t feel like a allergic reaction. I’d appreciate any advice. This is a real doozie! Thanks for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful83017 View Post
    Hi everyone. I started using Soolantra a little less than 2 weeks ago. Within a few days of starting it I got little red bumps all over my face. I have never had bumps on my forehead or the lower part of my cheeks/jawline but since starting it I do. I’m hoping that this is a good sign and it’s the effects of the dermodex die off. It doesn’t feel like a allergic reaction. I’d appreciate any advice. This is a real doozie! Thanks for your support.
    Hi.. Yes this was what happened to me as well... I just ignored them, and they slowly disappeared... the redness seems to be better as well don't give up!!

Default Used Soolantra for 2 years and I've stopped for almost 5 months with no issues so far

I'm just reporting back as a longer term user of Soolantra. I used Soolantra for two years and my rosacea was essentially in remission. In January I decided to stop using it and at the same time I gave up alcohol from Jan-March and then now just have 1-2 drinks every couple of weeks if I'm at a social event and I stick to lighter beers over red wine. I did a bunch of reading into how detrimental alcohol is to your health so I'm quite happy to essentially give it up. I've also been eating extremely healthy and have really cut back my carbs (I'm not doing keto but I do make a lot of keto type meals and I eat tons and tons of veggies).

Anyway, all that to say that my rosacea is better than ever and I've had no issues coming off soolantra. The only other change I've made is I started using this cream as well which is really soothing and my skin seems to love it https://www.costco.com/infinite-aloe-schedule.html - it's much cheaper from Costco when they have a road show. The new cream is healing and soothing but it was definitely soolantra that healed my rosacea. Before that I used clinique redness relief and I loved that as well but this costco cream seems a bit more natural and cheaper in the long run. I also love avene thermal water spray.

Anyway, I wanted to wait for a while before reporting back to see if I'd have a flare up but so far I've been fine and my skin looks great.
    Last edited by Ellie; 17th May 2018 at 01:28 AM.