Page 125 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1358

Thread: Soolantra

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    I just wanted to report that after being a long term user of soolantra, I've decided to go off it because of what other people said in this thread about their dermatologists only recommending it for 4 months. That bothered me so I've essentially not used it for a month and everything is going well. I did dry January and honestly I think that even a little bit of alcohol was messing with my skin so I'm going to keep that up. Anyway so far it's going well and I'll let you know if that changes.
    Hi I'm so glad its working out for you. When I stopped I noticed lots more thread veins on my cheeks....not sure if its some kind of backlash effect. I'm going to ask my doctor if she can re explain the rational behind the 4 months again. In the meantime I'm using ZZ cream for maintenance.

Here is the label I've had on every box too. Did anyone else get this ? I remember when I first got it (after spending 15 minutes persuading doctor to give it to me) she told me all this stuff about how bad it was, that it made me leave the surgery with my tail between my legs. I should have felt triumphant finally get want i knew I needed after 6 months of useless appointments. She scared me so much it took me a week to try it. I'm glad i did. I came here for support and reassurance - thankfully I got loads!!! If i hadn't I would still have pityriasis folliculorum. Please dont let what I've repeated put anyone off. I think originally I put it up in here if anyone had had any issues after 4 months or longer.....no one ever said they'd had. In my case I just hope 4 months was enough - she wont give me anymore prescriptions, hence the ZZ cream for now.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Elmo; 5th February 2018 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Here is the label I've had on every box too. Did anyone else get this ? I remember when I first got it (after spending 15 minutes persuading doctor to give it to me) she told me all this stuff about how bad it was, that it made me leave the surgery with my tail between my legs. I should have felt triumphant finally get want i knew I needed after 6 months of useless appointments. She scared me so much it took me a week to try it. I'm glad i did. I came here for support and reassurance - thankfully I got loads!!! If i hadn't I would still have pityriasis folliculorum. Please dont let what I've repeated put anyone off. I think originally I put it up in here if anyone had had any issues after 4 months or longer.....no one ever said they'd had. In my case I just hope 4 months was enough - she wont give me anymore prescriptions, hence the ZZ cream for now.
    Whoa, that's crazy! My script definitely did not have this label and the pharmacy did not warn me about safe guarding against pregnancy! Yes, please ask your derm the specifics of this and let us know.

M.

So I’m now 10 weeks in and have hit a bit of a wall. The redness is pretty much gone however this past weeks I am getting breakouts of pimples. Red ones not just small puss filled ones. It’s quite depressing. Has anyone else had this around the same time frame? Is this still die offs?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishRich View Post
    So I’m now 10 weeks in and have hit a bit of a wall. The redness is pretty much gone however this past weeks I am getting breakouts of pimples. Red ones not just small puss filled ones. It’s quite depressing. Has anyone else had this around the same time frame? Is this still die offs?
    I'd love to know the same. I'm experiencing the same thing and have honestly given up. I went back to my prescription sulfer wash and the pustules are all gone. I was just honestly feeling like sulfur was working better for me than the Soolantra -- however, after hearing so many of you say the waiting period is worth it, now i'm having second thoughts!

Did I give up too soon? Should I give soolantra another try? I'm going back to my derm next week...

Quote Originally Posted by pennylane366 View Post
    I'd love to know the same. I'm experiencing the same thing and have honestly given up. I went back to my prescription sulfer wash and the pustules are all gone. I was just honestly feeling like sulfur was working better for me than the Soolantra -- however, after hearing so many of you say the waiting period is worth it, now i'm having second thoughts!

Did I give up too soon? Should I give soolantra another try? I'm going back to my derm next week...
    I’ve kept going with it but it is disheartening. I’d like to hear if others had breakouts around the 10 week mark

Wow, I never thought that one day I would be SURPRISED to have a pustule on my cheek! I got used to being smooth those awful pre-soolantra days are behind me, but this single pustule reminds me how lucky I am to have overcome this!!

The first 8ish weeks of treatment I suffered from horrendous die off where I had clusters of angry pustules.. i've come a long way

For people new to it..
    PLEASE. DO. NOT. QUIT!!!!
    i persevered only because of the experiences I read here, and am SO glad I did

Quote Originally Posted by IrishRich View Post
    I’ve kept going with it but it is disheartening. I’d like to hear if others had breakouts around the 10 week mark
    keep going! I broke out after week 2 & it was bad for nearly another 4weeks! My skin settled by 10 werks & it never looked so good. Smooth never a pustle til I stopped(doctor wouldn’t give me anymore).....I’m try zz now but the results aren’t as good as soolantra so far

Default Re pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by MissM View Post
    Whoa, that's crazy! My script definitely did not have this label and the pharmacy did not warn me about safe guarding against pregnancy! Yes, please ask your derm the specifics of this and let us know.

M.
    I didn't have the warning on the label of my cream (but then again I am male, so not really surprising), however the leaflet in the box mentions pregnancy twice. It says to consult your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding..."Your doctor can discuss with you the risks and benefits involved."

Hey, I got this off my doctor today. I had been on skinoren (Azeliac acid) for a few couple of years but it started to lose its effect. Im just after starting the soolantra, its just for my nose.

What happens to me is first I notice my nose gets a bit sore, then a red pimple appears that's sore and it brings some redness around it, in a couple of days it turns into a whitehead or pustule and then it falls off and the redness goes with it. It's only ever one pimple at a time and only on my nose.

Really destroying my mental health and has been for a long time, I struggle to leave the house. Hope this can work for me and im nervous of getting a bad die off period. Does that happen to everyone?