Page 124 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1361

Thread: Soolantra

  1. #1231
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    90
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Thanks Angela. That's good to know. You know what I'm going to go back to using it daily because it's been a miracle worker for me and I don't want it to stop working. I imagine other people have had success but when things are going well, you're not on the forum so thanks for taking the time to post this!!!

  2. #1232
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2
    Country: United States

    Default

    I'm a day shy of two weeks on Soolantra. I've tried loads of products. Metrogel did work for six months, but then suddenly stopped working. I have p&ps, redness and dry itchy skin all over my face and I have issues on my neck too. I did a demodex test last year (didn't wash or touch my face with any products for three days, yuck that was awful) and the results were negative. My dermatologist at that time said that the test would need to be repeated and my newer dermatologist says that the one test isn't definitive either and the tests needs to be done more than once, so I guess having a mite issue wasn't completely ruled out for me. Anyway, I've read so many great stories about Soolantra, but had a hard time finding it. I went into a pharmacy I don't usually go to and there it was on the shelf! The last tube! Luckily where I'm living you don't need a prescription (I'm from the US, but live abroad) so here I am!

    So far no big changes. I don't feel that it burns on application, it doesn't seem to dry me out. My skin is already pretty awful, so I can't imagine it could get worse..... I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes!

  3. #1233
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    18
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lizabobiza View Post
    I'm a day shy of two weeks on Soolantra. I've tried loads of products. Metrogel did work for six months, but then suddenly stopped working. I have p&ps, redness and dry itchy skin all over my face and I have issues on my neck too. I did a demodex test last year (didn't wash or touch my face with any products for three days, yuck that was awful) and the results were negative. My dermatologist at that time said that the test would need to be repeated and my newer dermatologist says that the one test isn't definitive either and the tests needs to be done more than once, so I guess having a mite issue wasn't completely ruled out for me. Anyway, I've read so many great stories about Soolantra, but had a hard time finding it. I went into a pharmacy I don't usually go to and there it was on the shelf! The last tube! Luckily where I'm living you don't need a prescription (I'm from the US, but live abroad) so here I am!

    So far no big changes. I don't feel that it burns on application, it doesn't seem to dry me out. My skin is already pretty awful, so I can't imagine it could get worse..... I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes!
    good luck - keep us posted. remember it might get worse before it gets better and you start seeing results after many weeks.

    also is anyone on antibiotics AND soolantra?

    i'm not sure if my results have purely been from soolantra... i'm kind of worried when i go off antibiotics. at least then it'll be narrowed down.

  4. #1234
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1
    Country: UK

    Default Soolantra and antibiotics

    Quote Originally Posted by demodexsucks View Post
    good luck - keep us posted. remember it might get worse before it gets better and you start seeing results after many weeks.

    also is anyone on antibiotics AND soolantra?

    i'm not sure if my results have purely been from soolantra... i'm kind of worried when i go off antibiotics. at least then it'll be narrowed down.
    I'm on week 13 of soolantra. Started as I want to discontinue minocycline that I've been taking for many many years. Every time I've tried in the past, I've ended up with a severe outbreak of pustules and have reverted to the abx. I stopped again when starting soolantra but due to the usual breakout (?abx withdrawal or die off) I decided to go back on them until I was well underway with soolantra. Stopped abx about 2 weeks ago and for the last 10 days or so have had the usual outbreak along with itching, soreness and inflammation. I'm trying to persevere but now taking paracetamol and ibuprofen to ease the discomfort. Also making a concerted effort not to interfere with pustules and just let them run their course - extremely difficult when I have to go out to work every day looking shocking! Looking slightly better this morning so will persevere. Really can't say at this point whether soolantra has helped or not but continuing to use for now. Wondering now if pustules are due to a staph infection taking hold as long term abx have probably destroyed all the good bacteria on my skin as well as the bad. Was thinking of trying Gladskin which is supposed to target staph but searching this forum, doesn't seem to be very popular/effective .

  5. #1235
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2
    Country: United States

    Default Soolantra- worth a second try

    Hi! I was here reading about Soolantra weeks ago after a disastrous first try- my entire face broke out in raised red bumps and pustules. Fun times! My doc told to me stop the treatment and start again in a month. When I tried it again, I used a VERY small amount, and used it every other day for three weeks...gradually worked up to every night, but again, with the same tiny amount. I had RESPECT for that cream now After I moved up to daily use my skin got more red, irritated, and bumpy- but that only lasted for a few days, and was much less severe. Everything looks fantastic now-- I am really glad I gave it another shot. Best my skin has looked in 15 years! Just wanted to share in case any of you had a horrible initial experience -- in my case, it really did get better with a second try.

  6. #1236
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2
    Country: United States

    Default

    I just passed three weeks. Applying every evening and so far it's going okay. I haven't seen any huge improvements so far besides my skin texture. It's been much less flaky and dry and softer to the touch. The texture doesn't look nearly as awful when I put makeup on as well, which is nice. I still have a few p&ps popping up and I wouldn't say the redness has calmed down drastically. My face is on the extreme side of bad and the amount of breakouts aren't exactly any more than usual. Anyway, I'll keep on and keep coming back with updates every once in a while!

    The one thing I have that is driving me nuts are two styes in one eye. One on the upper lid, one on the lower. I'm starting to aggressively apply tea bags. Antibiotic ointment didn't seem to do much. I don't think they're related to my rosacea though or Soolantra. I think it's payback for using eye makeup during New Years!

  7. #1237
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    11
    Country: Canada

    Default Soolantra is called Rosiver in Canada

    I have had rosacea + dermatitis for 3 years now. My skin was becoming extreme: more painful, bumpy, flaky, and red every week.
    Now I have been using Rosiver for almost 3 weeks.
    Rosiver was giving me pretty awful acne (large painful cysts), so I went to a different doctor last week and she prescribed me a clindamycin+benzoyl peroxide cream that I keep chilled and apply every night before bed. This has definitely helped!! I scrapped the zz cream & metronidazole (FMXL) you order along with it as it really wasn't doing much; also the second doctor warned me against it as she thinks it could be loaded with steroids.

    One great thing is that I no longer have to scrub/roll off the rough dermatitis scales in the shower every single day.
    I checked my face today after scrubbing, and noticed that my glabella (area between the eyebrows) is now normal and healthy!!!
    This was one of the most recently affected areas, with large, persistent scales spreading into my eyebrows and making the hairs fall out.

    I also noticed a similarly faded, smooth(!) patch on my right cheek. Between the lesions, the skin looks like it is healing to a muted pink instead of an angry red minefield of p&p. As long as the skin becomes smooth (no bumps, scales, p&p or lesions) it will be easy to cover with makeup and I'll consider IPL in future to blast any remaining broken capillaries.

    I am hoping hard for the longest and most severely affected areas to heal, too! It is so exciting to have a little progress after so long.

  8. #1238
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    18
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydrogyrum View Post
    I have had rosacea + dermatitis for 3 years now. My skin was becoming extreme: more painful, bumpy, flaky, and red every week.
    Now I have been using Rosiver for almost 3 weeks.
    Rosiver was giving me pretty awful acne (large painful cysts), so I went to a different doctor last week and she prescribed me a clindamycin+benzoyl peroxide cream that I keep chilled and apply every night before bed. This has definitely helped!! I scrapped the zz cream & metronidazole (FMXL) you order along with it as it really wasn't doing much; also the second doctor warned me against it as she thinks it could be loaded with steroids.

    One great thing is that I no longer have to scrub/roll off the rough dermatitis scales in the shower every single day.
    I checked my face today after scrubbing, and noticed that my glabella (area between the eyebrows) is now normal and healthy!!!
    This was one of the most recently affected areas, with large, persistent scales spreading into my eyebrows and making the hairs fall out.

    I also noticed a similarly faded, smooth(!) patch on my right cheek. Between the lesions, the skin looks like it is healing to a muted pink instead of an angry red minefield of p&p. As long as the skin becomes smooth (no bumps, scales, p&p or lesions) it will be easy to cover with makeup and I'll consider IPL in future to blast any remaining broken capillaries.

    I am hoping hard for the longest and most severely affected areas to heal, too! It is so exciting to have a little progress after so long.
    I'd say I experienced the same thing where between my eyebrows was scaly and I would break out. Most of my eyebrows / eyelashes have grown back but do you still find that you still occasionally lose more eyelashes / eyebrows than normal? I'd say it's growing back faster than I'm losing it but still not perfect after 8 weeks.

  9. #1239
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    90
    Country: Canada

    Default

    I just wanted to report that after being a long term user of soolantra, I've decided to go off it because of what other people said in this thread about their dermatologists only recommending it for 4 months. That bothered me so I've essentially not used it for a month and everything is going well. I did dry January and honestly I think that even a little bit of alcohol was messing with my skin so I'm going to keep that up. Anyway so far it's going well and I'll let you know if that changes.

  10. #1240
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    366
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    I just wanted to report that after being a long term user of soolantra, I've decided to go off it because of what other people said in this thread about their dermatologists only recommending it for 4 months. That bothered me so I've essentially not used it for a month and everything is going well. I did dry January and honestly I think that even a little bit of alcohol was messing with my skin so I'm going to keep that up. Anyway so far it's going well and I'll let you know if that changes.
    Thank you, Ellie, for keeping us posted! Hopefully your skin barrier has healed enough to keep those pesky mites in check. Do you still flush??

    M.

Similar Threads

  1. Soolantra & Retin A
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29th April 2017, 05:41 PM
  2. Soolantra???
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 15th December 2015, 10:10 PM
  3. Soolantra Update...
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25th April 2015, 04:03 AM
  4. Soolantra...
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 1st April 2015, 09:15 PM
  5. Soolantra dosage
    By thekarens in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19th March 2015, 08:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •