Page 109 of 136 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1357

Thread: Soolantra

Quote Originally Posted by MissM View Post
    Ben,

How long were you on Soolantra for? One should take it for a good 3 months before calling it quits (unless you have extreme burning or intolerance to it). Some people on this forum finally cleared after 3 months of consistent use. I would hate for you to stop something that could help you in the long run!

I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope you can find relief soon!

M.
    This is the longest 3 months of my life! I had 5-6 good days in a row where I thought it was over, then yesterday a small flare up, and then poof another die off today. Those mites are so resilient! As if the flushing wasn't enough to deal with.. i have almost 10 weeks done. I hope this is the last big flare! I've seen worse but, come on, after 10 weeks..

hg24-

How much MSM do you take daily?

Thanks!
    M.
    Hi Miss M, I'm taking about 6-8 grams per day. Half in morning - half later in the day. I'm thinking of reducing the dose soon to a maintenance dose. Some people say it affects their sleep, so not to take it right before bed. I get the Doctor's Best brand in 1,000 mg capsules. Some people buy the powder form and mix it in water. I also use MSM lotion mixed in with moisturizer. But the supplements were the first MSM form I tried.

Here are a couple of threads about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rosacea/com...cea_subtype_1/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rosacea/com...tages_msm_for/

There's a lot more on Reddit, here and elsewhere.

It's an interesting supplement. A potent anti-inflammatory that many folks use for joint issues, hair, skin and nail growth, and other issues. Definitely worth researching and considering if it's right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Hi Miss M, I'm taking about 6-8 grams per day. Half in morning - half later in the day. I'm thinking of reducing the dose soon to a maintenance dose. Some people say it affects their sleep, so not to take it right before bed. I get the Doctor's Best brand in 1,000 mg capsules. Some people buy the powder form and mix it in water. I also use MSM lotion mixed in with moisturizer. But the supplements were the first MSM form I tried.

Here are a couple of threads about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rosacea/com...cea_subtype_1/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rosacea/com...tages_msm_for/

There's a lot more on Reddit, here and elsewhere.

It's an interesting supplement. A potent anti-inflammatory that many folks use for joint issues, hair, skin and nail growth, and other issues. Definitely worth researching and considering if it's right for you.
    BTW, you shouldn't start out with MSM at a high dose and you don't have to take as much as I am to see results. MSM also has a detoxifying effect, so it's best to start slow and see how you do as you go up. Seems like the majority of rosacea folks see results at around 3,000-4,000 mg per day. Your mileage may vary. I'd encourage everyone to google MSM and rosacea and read about it. Also, you can search it on the forum here.
    Last edited by hg24; 16th October 2017 at 01:14 AM.

BTW, you shouldn't start out with MSM at a high dose and you don't have to take as much as I am to see results. MSM also has a detoxifying effect, so it's best to start slow and see how you do as you go up. Seems like the majority of rosacea folks see results at around 3,000-4,000 mg per day. Your mileage may vary. I'd encourage everyone to google MSM and rosacea and read about it. Also, you can search it on the forum here.
    This is awesome, thank you! I wonder...besides the potential anti-inflammatory effects, since MSM is sulfur, if it decreases demodex populations as well? Perhaps if it's coming through our skin? Sulfer is the main ingredient in ZZ cream to annihilate demodex, right? Very interesting indeed!

This is awesome, thank you! I wonder...besides the potential anti-inflammatory effects, since MSM is sulfur, if it decreases demodex populations as well? Perhaps if it's coming through our skin? Sulfer is the main ingredient in ZZ cream to annihilate demodex, right? Very interesting indeed!
    Yeah, not sure how exactly it works. Sulfur is a huge component of our body - so it plays a key role. MSM is a great detoxifier - so perhaps that has something to do it.

Here are a couple of other MSM threads that are also interesting. The second one includes someone who pointed to MSM as her main source of improvement. But also Ivermectin as helping with the last bit of rosacea:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rosacea/com...o_see_results/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rosacea/com...ed_rosacea_99/

Yeah, not sure how exactly it works. Sulfur is a huge component of our body - so it plays a key role. MSM is a great detoxifier - so perhaps that has something to do it.

Here are a couple of other MSM threads that are also interesting. The second one includes someone who pointed to MSM as her main source of improvement. But also Ivermectin as helping with the last bit of rosacea:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rosacea/com...o_see_results/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rosacea/com...ed_rosacea_99/
    A few weeks ago I was looking for MSM supplements and didn't find them.. I did not find glucosamine with MSM either, or anything with MSM. It has to be ordered online I supposed? Only interesting supplement I found at the drugstore is turmeric. I already bought it but can't use it right now it's gonna wait 2 weeks in my cabinet.

Question!

my dermatologist gave me dermol 500 to wash my face with? This is a creamy emollient soap substitute....and is full of liquid paraffin.

anyone know anything about this? i feel like it will break me out!

Quote Originally Posted by ben1987 View Post
    Question!

my dermatologist gave me dermol 500 to wash my face with? This is a creamy emollient soap substitute....and is full of liquid paraffin.

anyone know anything about this? i feel like it will break me out!
    Why, do you have dry skin?

Is Soolantra not moisturising your skin enough? Considering it is a moisturiser.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

My derm give me this too said it would 'solve all my problems' 😂😂😂
    I didn't use it on my face as at the time is was too afraid to put anything on it...
    I did use it on my legs as she told me I have folliculitus there. however, she never took a scrape to investigate if it was caused by bacteria or yeast...funny eh? I dont think it's helped at all so it's obviously not bacterial issue. I don't think it folliculitis either I think perhaps I have demodex issues on my legs. Guess your derm thinks your issues are caused by bacteria. Sorry can't help you much - I wish I could tell you did solve all my problems. Not sure it'd be compatible with soolantra...make sure there's no alcohol on it if you're going to use it together

Smile Soolantra cream

I've just started using the Soolantra cream. I'm gluten free, don't have sugar and cut salt out almost completely. Any advice/tips etc