Page 101 of 136 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1352

Thread: Soolantra

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3boys View Post
    If you over strip the skin , it will produce more oil to compensate . I suggest washing your face twice a day with a mild / gentle cleanser . I use Pevonia rs2 line . It is designed for people with Rosacea . I always had oily skin my entire life and this product changed my skin . It cleans the skin without stripping its natural oils .
    In my case i think there are 2 possibilities for my oily skin, because i did not change my wash at all when my nose suddenly became oily. But three things changed:

-I started birth control pill on June 17
    -I started Finacea on June 23
    - I stopped using undiluted apple cider vinegar on my face on june 22 (but skin was NOT oily before i used it)

This is all I can think about. My nose started to get oily a few days after i started Finacea. I did not have this issue at all since I got out of my teens, I am 31 now! The same birth control pill did NOT make my face oily at all when i used it before so I narrow it down to Finacea which did not help anyway.

If my skin gets better I will try adapted facial cleansers but now i am scared to make my p&p flares worse if i use something unknown to my skin.

Default Ups and downs...

I finally found the courage to post 2 pics of my worst cheek during different days. First pic is what I suspect to be a die off (I never flared like that before Soolantra! Happened a few times since I started) and second pic is the redness 11 days later. I had maybe 2 mini papules, the rest is just background redness.

As you can see I experience extreme ups and downs with Soolantra, whereas before soolantra i was more stable (never clear, but never as angry as first pic).

Right now i am somewhere between both pictures.. it's kinda hard to be optimistic. It feels itchy today but I keep my hands out of my face like always! A few more p&p sprouted during the day. They always appear out of nowhere!

So.. here it is! >_<

https://imgur.com/a/0xh4L

Ok, so i think its been a week and a bit since i started using soolantra on my nose area. I am starting to see a slow improvement, but still getting these small pustules which come up over night very quickly.

The last two days I have not been using my usual cleanser and instead have opted for only using water to wash my face. my nose is still peeling quite a bit, but i feel like not using the cleanser has helped quite a bit..

MissM when did you see a real improvement with your nose area?

Quote Originally Posted by ben1987 View Post
    Ok, so i think its been a week and a bit since i started using soolantra on my nose area. I am starting to see a slow improvement, but still getting these small pustules which come up over night very quickly.

The last two days I have not been using my usual cleanser and instead have opted for only using water to wash my face. my nose is still peeling quite a bit, but i feel like not using the cleanser has helped quite a bit..

MissM when did you see a real improvement with your nose area?
    Ben, are you only applying it on your nose area? You should apply Soolantra everywhere on your face to make sure demodex are not thriving (or migrating) to other areas.

My infestation was primarily on my cheeks and I saw improvement after about two weeks. I apply Soolantra everywhere--every inch of my face, including my eyebrows (but not close around my eyes).

My skin was flaky and peeling because of the demodex, not because of my cleanser. Once my infestation cleared, the flakes went away.

Hope this helps,
    M.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontgiveup View Post
    I finally found the courage to post 2 pics of my worst cheek during different days. First pic is what I suspect to be a die off (I never flared like that before Soolantra! Happened a few times since I started) and second pic is the redness 11 days later. I had maybe 2 mini papules, the rest is just background redness.

As you can see I experience extreme ups and downs with Soolantra, whereas before soolantra i was more stable (never clear, but never as angry as first pic).

Right now i am somewhere between both pictures.. it's kinda hard to be optimistic. It feels itchy today but I keep my hands out of my face like always! A few more p&p sprouted during the day. They always appear out of nowhere!

So.. here it is! >_<

https://imgur.com/a/0xh4L

Hi DontGiveUp,

I'm sorry you are still struggling! How is your skin doing today??

M.

Quote Originally Posted by MissM View Post
    Ben, are you only applying it on your nose area? You should apply Soolantra everywhere on your face to make sure demodex are not thriving (or migrating) to other areas.

My infestation was primarily on my cheeks and I saw improvement after about two weeks. I apply Soolantra everywhere--every inch of my face, including my eyebrows (but not close around my eyes).

My skin was flaky and peeling because of the demodex, not because of my cleanser. Once my infestation cleared, the flakes went away.

Hope this helps,
    M.
    Hi MissM

I wanted to only apply to my nose area in the first few weeks to see how my skin reacted to the soolantra. Also I don't really get outbreaks around my cheeks. Only around my nose and mouth area. I will start using it on all areas in a week or so.

There is definitely something going on with my nose area since starting the soolantra, a huge increase in small pustules which come up very very quickly, burst and then flake over. There is a lot of peeling and some redness too, but i feel like its sort of improving day to day!

I will cleanse my face, but just not every day as i feel that at the moment my skin needs a rest from all the different products. I feel like washing with water and then applying the soolantra leaves it feeling less inflamed. but as i said i will cleanse, just maybe every other day or so.

Hi MissM

I wanted to only apply to my nose area in the first few weeks to see how my skin reacted to the soolantra. Also I don't really get outbreaks around my cheeks. Only around my nose and mouth area. I will start using it on all areas in a week or so.

There is definitely something going on with my nose area since starting the soolantra, a huge increase in small pustules which come up very very quickly, burst and then flake over. There is a lot of peeling and some redness too, but i feel like its sort of improving day to day!

I will cleanse my face, but just not every day as i feel that at the moment my skin needs a rest from all the different products. I feel like washing with water and then applying the soolantra leaves it feeling less inflamed. but as i said i will cleanse, just maybe every other day or so.
    That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that you feel like it's improving.

Still crossing my fingers for you,
    M.

That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that you feel like it's improving.

Still crossing my fingers for you,
    M.
    Thank you!

Im really hoping that it is a dermodex issue, then i can be sure that soolantra will eventually help!

In your opinion do you think the increase of small pustules and flaking indicates dermodex?

Thank you!

Im really hoping that it is a dermodex issue, then i can be sure that soolantra will eventually help!

In your opinion do you think the increase of small pustules and flaking indicates dermodex?

For me, during the first week, I definitely had an increase in pustules. I took this as a good sign (die-off).

My skin was already such a flaky mess, that I don't think that I would be able to tell if it was worse or not (as far as the flaking goes). The flakes were much improved between week 2 and week 3 for me.

For me, during the first week, I definitely had an increase in pustules. I took this as a good sign (die-off).

My skin was already such a flaky mess, that I don't think that I would be able to tell if it was worse or not (as far as the flaking goes). The flakes were much improved between week 2 and week 3 for me.

I hope you consider yourself lucky to have such fast results! I understand what you mean about the flaky mess, I have it too, probably will go away when my VERY RESILIENT demodex decide to give up already!