Page 10 of 136 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Sally, so what you're saying is that Soolantra is available to buy in pharmacies in England but it can only be bought privately cause its not approved by the NHS? Mitchell said is was expensive so I'm guessing that he didn't buy it through the NHS

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Sally, so what you're saying is that Soolantra is available to buy in pharmacies in England but it can only be bought privately cause its not approved by the NHS? Mitchell said is was expensive so I'm guessing that he didn't buy it through the NHS
    Yes, it's available here but you will need a 'private' prescription from a doctor or dermatologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    I live in the north west too - Manchester - and my GP refused to prescribe this on the NHS because she said it had not been authorized for use by them. She also refused to write me a private prescription because she said her name would be on it and she wouldn't take the risk!

Were you given a NHS prescription or did your very enlightened GP give you a private one?

Many thanks.
    NHS about Soolantra:
    http://www.ukmi.nhs.uk/applications/...newDrugID=5617
    UK: Launched
    EU: Launched
    US: Launched
    UK launch Plans: Available only to registered users
    Actual UK launch date: July 2015
    Jul 15: Launched in UK for the topical treatment of inflammatory lesions of papulopustular rosacea in adults. Price 10mg/g cream, 30g=18.29. [8]
    13/07/2015 16:34:22
    Not sure what the definition of "Launched" is for NHS, but it sounds to me that "launching" means giving the manufacturer green light to put it on the market.
    Last edited by Tso; 10th September 2015 at 10:25 AM.

Tso can you give us a breakdown of the costs involved in buying Soolantra online? The consultation , the prescription , the tube of Soolantra and postage.

Tso can you give us a breakdown of the costs involved in buying Soolantra online? The consultation , the prescription , the tube of Soolantra and postage.
    PMed

Hi Mitchell. Many have reported a third and sometimes a sixth week worsening of symptoms. The fact that you saw clearance the first two weeks is promising. Mitchell maybe you can finally confirm that Soolantra is available. So two weeksaweeksago you went into a pharmacy in the north west of England. You gave the Pharmacist a prescription for Soolantra and he/she then went to the back of the shop and returned moments later with a tube of Soolantra.iRight?
    Almost right, she had to order it and i got it that afternoon.

I live in the north west too - Manchester - and my GP refused to prescribe this on the NHS because she said it had not been authorized for use by them. She also refused to write me a private prescription because she said her name would be on it and she wouldn't take the risk!

Were you given a NHS prescription or did your very enlightened GP give you a private one?

Many thanks.
    It was an nhs one now i am wondering if maybe he should not have. He has been my doc for 25 years and also does my laser treatment, but the chemist had no problem getting it. When did you ask as it was only available in uk from late july

That's great at least we now know for sure its available. Mitchell you mentioned that you have been taking limecycline for the last couple of years. I'm guessing that it's not working very well from your post yesterday on Soolantra. Many years ago I was prescribed Limecycline and it was the best results I ever had. Then 3 or 4 months later it just became less and less effective. God knows why. Doesn't work at all now. Anyway good luck with the Soolantra and I hope you let us know how you're gettin on in the weeks to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelleelleray View Post
    It was an nhs one now i am wondering if maybe he should not have. He has been my doc for 25 years and also does my laser treatment, but the chemist had no problem getting it. When did you ask as it was only available in uk from late july
    I went to see my GP this morning. She looked it up in her medication book and flatly refused to write me a NHS prescription. Or even a private one that I would gladly pay for myself, come to that.

She can see from my records that I have been to a dermatologist and have been diagnosed with Rosacea. It's so frustrating!

I went to see my GP this morning. She looked it up in her medication book and flatly refused to write me a NHS prescription. Or even a private one that I would gladly pay for myself, come to that.

She can see from my records that I have been to a dermatologist and have been diagnosed with Rosacea. It's so frustrating!
    Soolantra is maybe too new for some dermatologists to know about.
    For me, it is a sign that the dermatologist is 1) not specialized in inflammatory skin disease or 2) is just doing his/her work at a basic level, without passion to the subject dermatology.

A different type of dermatologist than for example: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...l=1#post313281