Page 123 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1349

Thread: Soolantra

Default Reporting back

I never come to this site anymore because my rosacea is essentially gone. I still flush every so often but now that doesn't last and I don't get pustules. Anyway, soolantra continues to work for me so I apply a very small amount every night. Despite living in a cold climate, my skin doesn't get dry like it always used to. I use clinique redness relief cream in the morning by itself and also at night with a pea size amount of soolantra (I apply the clinique cream beforehand), cerave hydrating face wash, avene thermal water and I've really cut back on drinking (doing dry January now). My skin was pretty good but not perfect before when I was just drinking socially on weekends but I've noticed a difference since I cut it out completely. Anyway, just wanted to report back that soolantra has done wonders for my skin for anyone who is thinking about trying it. I never had any irritation from it and have been using it long term.

Also, as an aside, I used to have a lot of GI issues as well that have cleared up since I started eating less sugar, stopped snacking and started doing intermittent fasting (I feel so much better after skipping breakfast and have lost weight etc. - I fast for 20hrs and only eat in an 8 hr window) Anyway, sometimes I wonder if all this stuff is related somehow but I've been getting compliments on my skin since I made those changes. I do think it's the soolantra that's making the difference but given how well everything is going, I'm thinking about cutting back on soolantra eventually and seeing if my lifestyle changes are enough to keep my rosacea from coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    I never come to this site anymore because my rosacea is essentially gone. I still flush every so often but now that doesn't last and I don't get pustules. Anyway, soolantra continues to work for me so I apply a very small amount every night. Despite living in a cold climate, my skin doesn't get dry like it always used to. I use clinique redness relief cream in the morning by itself and also at night with a pea size amount of soolantra (I apply the clinique cream beforehand), cerave hydrating face wash, avene thermal water and I've really cut back on drinking (doing dry January now). My skin was pretty good but not perfect before when I was just drinking socially on weekends but I've noticed a difference since I cut it out completely. Anyway, just wanted to report back that soolantra has done wonders for my skin for anyone who is thinking about trying it. I never had any irritation from it and have been using it long term.

Also, as an aside, I used to have a lot of GI issues as well that have cleared up since I started eating less sugar, stopped snacking and started doing intermittent fasting (I feel so much better after skipping breakfast and have lost weight etc. - I fast for 20hrs and only eat in an 8 hr window) Anyway, sometimes I wonder if all this stuff is related somehow but I've been getting compliments on my skin since I made those changes. I do think it's the soolantra that's making the difference but given how well everything is going, I'm thinking about cutting back on soolantra eventually and seeing if my lifestyle changes are enough to keep my rosacea from coming back.
    Hi great to hear you're getting on well. How long have you been on soolantra? I've done 15 weeks and stopped last night. can it be used for longer?

Hi Elmo,

Did it work for you or did you stop it because your skin got better? My dermatologists said there were no issues with using it long term - I don't even see him anymore, I just get it prescribed by my GP. I did notice improvement within the first couple of months though so I kept using it and over time my skin has completely cleared up. I've been using it for 1.5years so far. I know it's a new medication so I always come back here and report back that it's still working for me in case it's helpful to others. I also never had any negative side effects from it.

Hi Ellie I did work for me in the sense that it cleared up the follicular scale, reduce eyebrow loss and pustules - had a huge die -off phase so must hve killed a lot of demodex. But it didnt change the pink on my cheeks and I have some bold thread veins left. My skin is lovely and smooth really pleased ! So part of me thinks its time to quit. My GP advised me not to use for more than 4 months (and its written formally by her on the perscrition label), so i dont think I'd get the prescription even if i wanted to continue. She didn't believe in the mite theory and only gave it to me based on my veins. since they are still there she'll probably just say 'I told you so'. But I do feel the demodex are more under control based on the fact that i dont get anymore die-off and the scales havent come back. Interesting that you've been on it 1.5 years. Did you think you've had any side effects? Some ppl have said that they felt that the demodex became resistant to soolantra....clearly not in your case!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to check in and let us know how you're getting on.

Hi Elmo,

That's very strange that my dermatologist was so different in his opinion on long term use. My skin is doing so well that I'm afraid of coming off of it but I've made other lifestyle changes so I wonder if that would be enough to keep my rosacea at bay. I was worried about coming off of it and the mites becoming resistant that way (you know if you stop antibiotics too early then sometimes the bacteria can evolve?). I just did a quick google search and saw this article http://dermatologytimes.modernmedici...acea-remission with another dermatologist recommending soolantra long term. That said, I don't really want to be taking it long term if others are advising against it. I wonder what the side effects could be. I also checked soolantra's webside and their long term study was for one year https://www.soolantra.com/hcp/efficacy-and-safety

I haven't had any negative side effects. My skin was awful years ago after trying many different derms, meds and I was on antibiotics twice. I had two derms suggest low dose accutane in the end but I ended up trying soolantra instead (it had just come out recently in Canada). Now I'm wondering if I should make an appointment to see my dermatologist though or maybe I should just give my skin a break and go off it. Thanks for letting me know what your derm said. It's definitely given me something to think about.
    Last edited by Ellie; 11th January 2018 at 10:13 PM.

I wasn't even counting how long I had been on soolantra - it's actually 2 years, 4 months because I essentially went on it after it came out in Canada. I'm quite bothered by the fact that other dermatologists are not recommending going on it for more than 4 months so I stopped using it last night and I'll report back here to see how things go because I assume that's helpful for others. I'm going to keep up with my other lifestyle changes such as intermittent fasting, reducing sugar and cutting out alcohol and hopefully that's enough to avoid a flareup without soolantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    I'm quite bothered by the fact that other dermatologists are not recommending going on it for more than 4 months so I stopped using it last night and I'll report back here
    Thats just what my doctor told me, I don't know about anyone else?
    Since I've stopped using it I've noticed my thread veins more not sure if its just me make a point of 'looking & noticing' or if it has gotten worse. Surely 2 days cant make a difference.
    Will look out for your posts Ellie, thanks.

Hi!

My derm has not given a timeline for Soolantra usage. Iím under the impression that she will prescribe it for as long as I want to take it. Also, based on what I have read on many forums, it looks like a maintenance dose may be necessary to maintain results in people who are prone to demodex infestation. When I decide to come off Soolantra sometime in the future (I have been on it since August), I will most likely use it twice per week for maintenance.

M

Thank you so much for the responses!!! I haven't used it for a couple nights but I'll start using it two nights a week. That sounds like a better maintenance approach that hopefully keeps the demodex from coming back while also limiting the side effects of soolantra.

Hello!

I wanted to give an update form a long term Soolantra user. I started using Soolantra in september 2016. I still use it (every day) and it is still working like a miracle. I don't have any itchy bumps on my face anymore. I do get them on my arms and the upper part of my back, and in the back of my neck. And on my scalp too. I think the mites just migrated. I tried a tea tree shampoo and bodywash but that didn't work. It's okay though, even if they itch for a long time, it is not nearly as bad as when my face was covered with itchy bumps.
    My face isn't dry anymore, it is more oily now, especially on my forehead. Every now and then I get a pustule, mostly on my neck (I apply Soolantra there too).
    I am still very happy with Soolantra!