Page 60 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Roughly a month in? Dunno the exact time lets say 4-5 weeks in. Skin sensitivity seems to be lowered, but that could be down to the barrage of other things I'm tackling rosacea with right now. Skin seems smoother, which is good, no massive blemishes jumping out at all, the red marks from previous ones are slowly fading. Nose is getting tiny little red rosacea spots, hardly noticeable but pretty red, I'm guessing that either dermites has moved there, or I've been blocking pores with soolantra/QV cream, will wait a couple more days before I decide. My thread veins are still very apparent on right cheek (not expecting soolantra to sort this) which is pretty depressing but I think the rest of my skin is improving which is nice.

Hello!
    i've started to use soolantra (Efacti, but i'ts the same, in Italy it's her name) on Friday 12/2.
    So i'm at the 5 days of use.. what can i say?
    My skin looks smoother, and the redness appears seems more concentrated in the zone where i've the pap. it's also 2 mornings that i wake up and my skin is cooler to touch. But it's seems to have more red pap, could it be? after i try to post a photo.

here's the photo.. there are pap, really? IMG_0434.jpgIMG_0434.jpg
    Last edited by frapepe; 6th December 2016 at 08:41 AM.

Update: 12 weeks

I haven't been getting any new bumps for over a week. Two of the bumps I got 1,5 weeks ago are still healing. And the marks from older bumps are still a little visible, but definitely fading. Couldn't be happier with this result, it was worth it. I had never thought I would find a cream that works this well. I've had rosacea for ten years and there were a few things that helped temporarily or partly (zinc cream, Efracea). But Soolantra really turned out to be my miracle worker. My skin is not dry anymore and nearly flawless. Very pale too. Two tumbs up for Soolantra!

I'm very happy for you Angela. Your story will give others the courage to persevere. I've been using Soolantra for about 10 weeks now, and my conclusions are:
    - the real improvement only began around 8 weeks of use.
    - 75% improvement of the rosacea
    - no change concerning the redness
    - on average: once a week 2 very tiny papels that dissapear much faster (within one or two days) once I applied Soolantra.
    - skin is smoother

I've stopped with the birth control pill 17 days ago, because I had the impression that my skin was always doing better during the pill-free week. I see no difference so far. Anyone wants to share her experience concerning the pill?

Goood stuff guys! I'm hoping to hit the 8 week "turning point" soon

The turning point for me was at 10 weeks. When I was at 9 weeks, I decided to give it one more week before giving up. I am so happy I continued. It really takes very long for the bumps I got to heal though, so anyone starting on Soolantra, I would advise them to first take doxycycline for a few weeks or start with Oracea (and wait until it kicks in before starting Soolantra). I have never had these enormous, itching bumps to this degree. It was really bad, the itching was terrible. Now, two weeks after most bumps have healed and flattened out, I still have red marks. If your skin heals as slowly as mine, definitely consider doxy/oracea so the breakouts are not as bad as mine were.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1979 View Post
    The turning point for me was at 10 weeks. When I was at 9 weeks, I decided to give it one more week before giving up. I am so happy I continued. It really takes very long for the bumps I got to heal though, so anyone starting on Soolantra, I would advise them to first take doxycycline for a few weeks or start with Oracea (and wait until it kicks in before starting Soolantra). I have never had these enormous, itching bumps to this degree. It was really bad, the itching was terrible. Now, two weeks after most bumps have healed and flattened out, I still have red marks. If your skin heals as slowly as mine, definitely consider doxy/oracea so the breakouts are not as bad as mine were.
    How long have you guys been on Oracea w/ Soolantra? I've been on a combo of Oracea/Soolantra/Finacea since the end of the summer. My skin looks really good, with almost no flushing, to the point where my wife says I'm "cured", she obviously doesn't look close enough though, ha.

Anyway, I imagine I can't be on Oracea forever?

Hi everyone!
    Wow, took me a week but I've read through this entire thread and what an interesting, helpful font of information! Thank you so much to everyone who has shared. I am currently doing Ivermectin as I can't get Soolantra for two more weeks due to my insurance. I just mix the paste with about a third of cetaphil - not ideal but so far I feel like it's doing something. I've only had this for about 5 months and the tiny red bumps really just started in my chin and on one cheek around a amonth ago. My face feels hot much of the time am I don't notice any real triggers. It seems that I get much hotter at night, which I assume is when the little monsters come out to have a mating picnic on my face. *dieeeeeee* I have no idea whether I have demodex but I have burning patches that seem like clusters and I've felt the crawling, itchy, burning a lot. Plus I have blepharitis (ocular Rosacea?) that seems to do a bit better with TTO. So if they're in my lashes, why wouldn't they be all over my face right? Worth a shot, I think! So far I feel less flushing - I was at the salon (under the dryer, etc) for 5 hours today without incident!! The crawling, itches has sort of subsided the last day or two - I'm on day 7 of Ivermectin (long haul, I know...but I'm in it to win it, or something like that 😉) but my little red bumps seem extra bumpy. *le sigh* Seems to be par for the course though from what I've been reading. Honestly, I've not had hope like this in the entire time I've had this nightmare!! So many thanks to everyone again. Will report back with some updates as well. Oh and has anyone else has a heat sort of in their ear that just radiates up to their eye? I've had a ton of blood tests and been checked for tons of things, so I have to imagine this is related to the Rosacea as it's only been for the last few months. Ok, enough rambling. Thanks all! xx

Also my derm gave me a few free tubes of Metrocream and said it helps with inflammation (which I have tons of despite being on Oracea for 3 months - I'm scared to think of what I'd look like without it) and said I could use it in the mornings. Anyone else trying this? Any reason I shouldn't? My skin is horribly dry right now, as all moisturizers seem to feed the beasts, and the ivermectin paste is not nearly hydrating enough even when mixed with the Cetaphil. Hopefully it'll be better when I get the actual Soolantra. Sorry for the extra post! Thanks again. xx

@Pinkcup the best advice I can give you is to be verrry patient . For me the results only started after 8 weeks of use. Anyway I'm curious to read your updates!
    Update: soolantra 10 weeks and a few days: skin is still smooth, no new bumps, still a lot of red marks.
    I stopped taking the birth control pill for 3 weeks: no change in my skin. But a bit more stressed and stomach ache. I guess that's the adjustment. I find it difficult because on the internet I read different messages about the link between the pill and rosacea. If anyone has experiences regarding this or has read something interesting about this topic, please share. It will be much appreciated!