Page 59 of 135 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Quote Originally Posted by skullmcrex View Post
    My redness did get worse at first but it's calming down now. Have to remember other facts might be making it worse. Are you being more lax with your diet because you are on a tropical now? Is the cold weather affecting things? New products?
    Thanks for the reply, that's great that your face is calming down. Nothing else has changed so pretty sure it's the Soolantra, although things do seem to generally be getting progressively worse anyway so who knows. I put it on last thing at night and it immediately makes my face more red, then it's still really red and flushed the next morning. First thing in the morning was the one time my face didn't used to be that red (prior to Soolantra). I'm wondering if I might be better off applying it later in the evening and then washing off before bed, so it's not sat on my skin for so long. Might be worth a go anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Thanks for the reply, that's great that your face is calming down. Nothing else has changed so pretty sure it's the Soolantra, although things do seem to generally be getting progressively worse anyway so who knows. I put it on last thing at night and it immediately makes my face more red, then it's still really red and flushed the next morning. First thing in the morning was the one time my face didn't used to be that red (prior to Soolantra). I'm wondering if I might be better off applying it later in the evening and then washing off before bed, so it's not sat on my skin for so long. Might be worth a go anyway...
    You're putting small amounts on right? I've found that a lot of anything on my face triggers my rosacea.

You're putting small amounts on right? I've found that a lot of anything on my face triggers my rosacea.
    Maybe I am overdoing it, I've used up most of a tube in two months. I think my theory was the more I put on the quicker it will work, probably not great logic. I'll try putting a bit less on, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Maybe I am overdoing it, I've used up most of a tube in two months. I think my theory was the more I put on the quicker it will work, probably not great logic. I'll try putting a bit less on, thanks
    It's supposed to be a Pea sized amount for each part of your face -Cheek x2, forehead, nose, chin (small garden peas me thinks)

Yes my derm said to use a very small amount. Update 2 months (started on september the 26th): my skin is doing very well.. no new bumps for 8 days now. From today i will quit the pill.

I've been using Soolantra for a little over a month now but still get outbreaks of small pimples that kind of come in cycles. At least the big outbreaks. Should that be done by now? Sometimes I think it makes things worse : /

It's completely normal, don't worry.

It's supposed to be a Pea sized amount for each part of your face -Cheek x2, forehead, nose, chin (small garden peas me thinks)
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been doing. I'm going to try to stick with it until the 3 month mark regardless of the redness and reassess it then.

11 weeks, day 77:
    At the moment I have three bumps, one big and two smaller. All on the left side of my face. The right side of my face is CLEAR. Yes, I really wrote "clear". I hope the other side clears up as well.

@ rosycheeks: good to hear you are doing so well!

@Angela I'm happy for you. Hopefully it continues to go up!
    They say after 4 weeks you should see results but in my experience I saw the real improvement after 8 weeks.