Page 58 of 135 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

A quick update: day 57 of Soolantra: my skin is looking better, especially the last 6 days. I'm pretty sure the few big bumps I got 10 days ago, were normal acne bumps, not rosacea. So I put tea tree oil on them every evening and they dried out fast. I also noticed that my skin is more "glowing". I don't see any difference in the redness. But on the website of Galderma they also don't claim it would help against the redness. I'm still thinking about stopping the contraceptive pill (because I have the impression it worsens the rosacea) but I'm afraid that I would get more acne-bumps.
    For me the same as for many people here: the less products I use the better! However, I like some products of the Toleriane line of La Roche Posay (my skin can tolerate it well and that's an exception!!) and also I find the "masque hydratant apaisant" of Avene very soothing if my face has a burning feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by rosycheeks7 View Post
    A quick update: day 57 of Soolantra: my skin is looking better, especially the last 6 days. I'm pretty sure the few big bumps I got 10 days ago, were normal acne bumps, not rosacea. So I put tea tree oil on them every evening and they dried out fast. I also noticed that my skin is more "glowing". I don't see any difference in the redness. But on the website of Galderma they also don't claim it would help against the redness. I'm still thinking about stopping the contraceptive pill (because I have the impression it worsens the rosacea) but I'm afraid that I would get more acne-bumps.
    For me the same as for many people here: the less products I use the better! However, I like some products of the Toleriane line of La Roche Posay (my skin can tolerate it well and that's an exception!!) and also I find the "masque hydratant apaisant" of Avene very soothing if my face has a burning feeling.
    That's interesting because thats the exact product that had me breaking out. What works for you works for you!

@skullmcrex: yes indeed what is a great product for one person can be a disaster for someone else.
    I know it's a bit off topic but can anyone share their experience concerning the contraceptive pill? Does it make your rosacea better or worse?
    And does anyone have (objective) information about the link between dairy and rosacea?

I don't have time to go into detail right now but will post later. The pill (I've tried 4) made my symptoms debilitating. I know hormones are part of my problem. I'm trying to take maca root right now to balance them.

i went to the derm yesterday they said my insirance doesnt cover soolantra so she gave me some samples

how much does it cost out of pocket??
    also do you put moisterizer on after ?

Day 70
    During the last few days, I got three small bumps that itch a little. The red marks from the big bumps are still fading, but it takes a long time. My skin is looking better though.

The cost of Soolantra depends on where you live. No moisturizer needed, it's moisturizing enough.

ok she was saying somthing about discount coupons that can reduce the price..

I'm on day 36 or thereabouts with Soolantra and am on the verge of giving up. From the start, the only affect has been that my face is more red and irritated than ever. My skin reacts withe everything so this isn't a massive surprise, although obviously disappointing. I've read lots of accounts from people whose skin got worse before it got better, but did anyone else have a worsening in redness that eventually improved? I've not had any breakouts as I don't get the spots/pastules, just very small bumps which are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    I'm on day 36 or thereabouts with Soolantra and am on the verge of giving up. From the start, the only affect has been that my face is more red and irritated than ever. My skin reacts withe everything so this isn't a massive surprise, although obviously disappointing. I've read lots of accounts from people whose skin got worse before it got better, but did anyone else have a worsening in redness that eventually improved? I've not had any breakouts as I don't get the spots/pastules, just very small bumps which are still there.
    My redness did get worse at first but it's calming down now. Have to remember other facts might be making it worse. Are you being more lax with your diet because you are on a tropical now? Is the cold weather affecting things? New products?