Page 55 of 135 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Yeah my theory is that Rosacea and other skin conditions can be auto-immune in a sense sometimes. When you actually get sick your immune system gets busy on other things other than your skin because it's more of a priority. The inflammation you see is just your immune system trying to heal something it sees as a threat. I think it's interesting that some people can have just as many demodex on them as we do and not show symptoms because they're immune system doesn't think it's foreign. Same with seborrheic dermatitis...sometimes other people have just as much yeast on their skin as someone with seb derm but they are asymptomatic. It's a pretty tricky thing. But it's something I noticed every time I get sick. My skin problems just seem to take a back seat until I'm better lol stupid body...

But I don't think that our immune system gets busy only on other things, when we are sick. On the contrary, more immune cells are produced and they fight off the mites more effectively.

I wonder why our immune system sees demodex as a threat.
    Also some people report an improvement of their rosecea by taking probiotics. So there is maybe a link between a bad working digestive system and rosacea? Anyone knows more about this topic?
    @Angela1979: can you tell me which zinc ointment you use pls?

Day 54
    Since my last update I got two new small (itching) bumps. The rest of the bumps are healing or have already gone, but they have left many red marks. I know those take a long time to disappear so it will take some time before I will look better. But my skin feels better. Much less itching, smoother skin. The clogged pores on my forehead seem to diminish, as do the whiteheads on the sides of my nose and on my chin. If this is the end result (two small, active bumps), I am happy with it. But I sure hope it will improve even more.

I use(d) Daro zinkzalf, it's a dutch brand. Only contains 10% zinc oxide and vaseline.

Any chance of photos ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

@Angela: first of all, hello neighbour (since I live in Belgium) 😊. The same with me, it takes ages before the red marks go away! I started with 'Probiotical' (probiotics) since 5 days bcoz I heard that may help too.
    I also keep on wondering if the improvement of my skin is because of the Soolantra or also because of the weather. Because in the summer it's always worse (bcoz of both the heat and the sun).
    Does anyone know a good foundation for rosacea-skin? I heard the mineral makeup of Bellapierre is good.

Day 66
    A small bump got bigger and is itching like hell. The two new bumps I reported on two days ago are stil there, itching. Today two more small itching bumps.Red marks from old bumps are still there. When does this stop? I've now taken Soolantra for 8 weeks. It should get better now, but my face still looks bad. Give up you stupid mites!

@Angela: not fun . I think it's strange that you still have so much itch.

I'm on day 22, not much happened so far. My face is slightly less itchy but is definitely more red and flushed than usual, which is not a massive surprise as my face reacts with everything. I don't get the pastules/spots but have very small red bumps. Has anyone else had this where Soolantra makes your face redder and has this continued? It's going to be difficult to take this long term if it continues to make my face even redder than usual, even if it does help with the small bumps and itching.

Day 57
    I keep getting new bumps. They still itch. How is it possible that those critters are still alive?
    I'm very close to giving up.