Page 47 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Default First time poster

Hi Everyone,

I've had rosacea for years and have been reading the threads hoping to hear someone say - they found the cure. I think I've finally hit my low point so thank you to everyone who has had the bravery to share their experiences. I work in healthcare (not dermatology) and when we look at fixing health issues we call it a protocol. It's the exact steps taken to get form A to B. I would love it if someone, the more people the better, that have had positive success with Soolantra could give their specific Protocol. This is very specific and maybe people haven't followed a specific process but as close to exact as possible is great.

1. Did you take the Soolantra morning or night? If night how long before bed?
    2. Did you wash you face before taking Soolantra?
    3. What face wash did you use?
    4. How long after washing face did you apply Soolantra? Right after (was face still et), 5 min (face was dry, etc)
    5. Did you moisturize after applying Soolantra?
    6. What moisturizer?
    7. How long after applying Soolantra did you apply the moisturizer?
    8. Do you use Sunscreen? Everyday? What sunscreen?
    9. Do you take supplements?
    10. Did you make any other major changes to your health over the course of the Soolantra treatment?
    11. If you could go back and start at the beginning again would you do anything differently?
    12. Do you have any before and after pictures that you would be willing to share?

Thank you in advance to anyone that is willing to share. There are days where I feel like doing nothing, just not even washing my face at all anymore, would be better than spending more money, and getting high hopes, that something will finally make it better.

Default One more question

If you are a Male - Do you shave your face with electric or razor and what shaving cream do you use.

Thank you.

I've only been using Soolantra for ~2.5 weeks w/ Finacea & Oracea. I dont have any bumps, but still have residual redness and red marks - somewhat noticeable but much better than before. My dermatologist says I'm slowly improving, but it takes time (saw him yesterday). I'll be going back in 6 weeks. See below for my answers

1. Did you take the Soolantra morning or night? If night how long before bed? Night, right before bed
    2. Did you wash you face before taking Soolantra? I shower at night about an hour before bed
    3. What face wash did you use? water
    4. How long after washing face did you apply Soolantra? Right after (was face still et), 5 min (face was dry, etc) ~1 hour
    5. Did you moisturize after applying Soolantra? No, Soolantra provides enough moisturizer for me
    6. What moisturizer? None
    7. How long after applying Soolantra did you apply the moisturizer?
    8. Do you use Sunscreen? Everyday? What sunscreen? No
    9. Do you take supplements? Zinc, milk thistle, tumeric, grape seed extract, and antihistamine.
    10. Did you make any other major changes to your health over the course of the Soolantra treatment? I've tried to cut back on all carbs
    11. If you could go back and start at the beginning again would you do anything differently?
    12. Do you have any before and after pictures that you would be willing to share?
    13. I shave in the AM w/ a regular razor, regular shaving cream.

Thank you Crimson 25 for your quick update. Very much appreciated. How would you rate your symptoms before from 1-10 and now from 1-10. I asked my derm the same question and she rated me a 7/10. I would describe my skin on my cheeks as dry, red and sometime flaky. I have a few p &p that somedays looks swollen and somedays don't. Just wondering how others would rate before and now after being on Soolantra. I've also considered trying Finacea in the AM and Soolantra in the PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxottawa View Post
    Thank you Crimson 25 for your quick update. Very much appreciated. How would you rate your symptoms before from 1-10 and now from 1-10. I asked my derm the same question and she rated me a 7/10. I would describe my skin on my cheeks as dry, red and sometime flaky. I have a few p &p that somedays looks swollen and somedays don't. Just wondering how others would rate before and now after being on Soolantra. I've also considered trying Finacea in the AM and Soolantra in the PM.
    When I'm not on an antibiotic, its probably a 6. I'd say right now on my combination of Finacea/Soolantra/Oracea its a 2 or 3. I'm still in the early stages, my dermatologist has said everything I'm taking right now will take up to 12 weeks to fully improve. My wife says I look much better and its hardly noticeable, but its funny, when you take pictures of yourself on your iphone it looks very noticeable and bad - oh well.

I left out a big change - I no longer workout outside. I would run outside and my face would be flushed for the remainder of the day. I now only workout indoors in the air conditioning, and I think thats helped a lot for the redness.
    Last edited by crimson25; 25th August 2016 at 09:27 PM.

Default How are things progressing?

Hi Crimson

How are things progressing with your Soolantra? I'm on holiday in Europe right now and didn't get a chance to get started before leaving. I'm eating tons of carbs (limited food choices) and walking around in the hot sun for 5-6 hours a day has made my P&P and redness pretty bad. I'm going to get on Soolantra as soon as I return.

Hi all,

I have rosacea subtype 2 with large, itching bumps. I've been using Soolantra for 17 days now. From the beginning, it has made my skin worse and this hasn't changed. Before starting Soolantra, I have used a tea tree cream for four weeks with the same effect (more bumps, more itching). So actually I've been treating demodex for over 6 weeks now, with no improvement whatsoever. Has this happened to anyone else, and is there still hope for me that things will improve? I am pretty depressed about it, my skin has never been this bad for such a long period of time. Could it be that I am allergic to something in the cream? I have very sensitive skin and do best when I don't use anything on it except water, and take Efracea. I was so excited to try Soolantra but it is very hard to persist because I feel terrible about how my skin looks now.
    I am taking two antihistamines a day, which helps somewhat. If I don't, the itching drives me crazy. I don't know what to do at this point, I am very close to giving up and going back on Efracea (even though that only improves my condition for about 50%).

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1979 View Post
    Hi all,

I have rosacea subtype 2 with large, itching bumps. I've been using Soolantra for 17 days now. From the beginning, it has made my skin worse and this hasn't changed. Before starting Soolantra, I have used a tea tree cream for four weeks with the same effect (more bumps, more itching). So actually I've been treating demodex for over 6 weeks now, with no improvement whatsoever. Has this happened to anyone else, and is there still hope for me that things will improve? I am pretty depressed about it, my skin has never been this bad for such a long period of time. Could it be that I am allergic to something in the cream? I have very sensitive skin and do best when I don't use anything on it except water, and take Efracea. I was so excited to try Soolantra but it is very hard to persist because I feel terrible about how my skin looks now.
    I am taking two antihistamines a day, which helps somewhat. If I don't, the itching drives me crazy. I don't know what to do at this point, I am very close to giving up and going back on Efracea (even though that only improves my condition for about 50%).
    Hello,
    This must be very frustrating. But I think you better continue the Soolantra because my dermatologist says you only see results after 4 weeks. Also you cannot count the weeks that you used tea tree with it because soolantra has a totally different ingredient. I use Soolantra for 4 days now and I don't see a difference yet (no worsening or no improvement). I don't have that much redness but pustules on my forehead.
    Sorry for my English. Try to stay strong.

Angela1979, try to read this whole thread, you'll see that the majority of Soolantra users had exactly the same reaction to the cream, which is actually a good thing, it means that demodex is dying. You can alleviate your symptoms by taking doxycycline for 1-3 months or using a metronidazole cream in the morning.

Thanks for the response rosycheeks7 and MariaSt. By the time I am writing this, I have indeed read this whole thread. It is just that I am not sure whether the way my skin reacts to the cream is because the mites are dying or because I am sensitive to an ingredient in the cream. When I react badly to a topical, I also get these itchy hives.
    I will stick with Soolantra though, and sit out the flare up without doxy because it takes three months before my skin shows improvement with Efracea. Metrocream never worked for me (it actually caused an allergic reaction). I'll keep you updated on my progress.