Page 46 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Default Newbie needs help!

Hello Everyone! Hope you are all well. This is my first post here though I've been reading this thread all night. I want to make this a short introduction but not sure that's possible...so I'll just get right to it. I was misdiagnosed for about 5 years by many types of doctors. Some relief finally came a few months ago at an urgent care visit when I couldn't take the itching and sleepless nights any longer. The DX was scabies (she took one look at my horribly scarred and open-sored arms, etc) and I was given 2 tubes of Permethrin. I used them as directed, one week apart, cleaned entire environment, sprayed EVERYTHING, yada, yada. The itch seemed to subside (and my arms and husband's back and feet started clearing up- he also got two tubes of Perm)...for a few days after rinsing off the 2nd Perm treatment. So...we continued with Perm treatments for 2 more weeks, along with environmental cleaning, etc. Unfortunately the itching would always subside...and then return. After many more sleepless nights and much research I finally came across info about Demodex. Can't remember where I first saw it or any other details but something just clicked inside me that said...OMGosh...that's IT! Perhaps the scabies were also there but they are long gone now and we knew this is something much more persistent.

A little backstory on me: I'm middle-aged and my health decline began around 2008 after caring for my two ill parents in 2007. Mom lived and was able to be more independent again but Dad passed away in June, 2007. We were exhausted to say the least. Then...in 2009 I was DX with a brain tumor with 2 major surgeries to follow. I was recovering well and back to a healthy eating and workout routine in 2011 when my gall bladder went bad and...you guessed it...another surgery. Well, my body was just shot at this point (prob from all the stress from the anesthesia, etc) and due to some residual side effects of the brain surgeries, I began losing my balance often and falling periodically. Those falls resulted in 3 back surgeries- 1 in 2012 and 2 in 2013 (one emergency due to hematoma). So...as you prob realize by now...my immune system has been completely overwhelmed. Add on to that the not sleeping decent (due to itching) for several years and it seems a perfect breeding ground for a Demodex overpopulation.

It has cost us a lot of money to finally get to this conclusion but we (husband and I) are happy to finally feel there may be light at the end of this tunnel! After waiting 3 months to see a dermatologist (the earliest opening) we were told it's just dermatitis and that I am getting Rosacea-due to the facial flushing, sores, uneven skin texture, etc. that he could see. I told him how my skin used to be really nice and how it turned really dry and scaly with intermittent breakouts, etc. within the last few years and how it's just continuing to deteriorate and it ITCHES. We tried telling him how the Perm. was working...but he was too busy not listening to hear us. We knew we'd get nowhere with this doc so decided to find help elsewhere...and so here I am! ;)

For the last several weeks we'd already been laundering all bedding, including pillows daily. Since it was originally a scabies DX we had bagged up everything we could about 6 weeks ago...ish. Our environment is about as clean as it can get. We had/have no way of getting a script for Soolantra so have decided to use Equine Ivermectin as a 'rub' or lotion. We just began this today, after reading this thread. I realize using this type of Iver may seem absurd but we just can't take it anymore. I've literally pulled these things off my face and chest as I've felt them crawling. My husband thought I was losing it until he saw for himself. When I began researching what this could be the only things that came up were either walking dandruff (we have no pets) or Demodex mites, which seemed more likely since my body's been so beat up and my immune system seems non existent. We have been researching ever since and even ordered some of the Demodex Solutions items...which I'm sorry to say...DON'T WORK!!!! More money down the tube!

Well, I knew that wasn't going to be short. lol ;) Anyway, reading all your posts about the Soolantra has given us some hope that there may be an end to all of this. Not sure how much longer I can keep up this daily cleaning routine, etc. I am exhausted. I'm also working on helping my body and immune system heal but it takes time, as you all know. We're eating a healthy diet of whole foods, taking some supplements, and TRYING to get our rest. Getting rest has been the tough part.

Would welcome any thoughts, advice or opinions from anyone here! So sorry for the info overload!!! Oh...do any of you get tickles or itches on/in/around your nose???

Hi Mitegirl.
    I had Scabies when I was younger so I know what you're going through. But unlike you the topical cleared me quickly back then. Can't even remember what it was I used its been so long. In the last couple of decades scabies has caught the headlines again. There have been many epidemics in various parts of the world but what has been more worrying are the reports of resistance to Permethrin,Lindane and Crotamiton. Also some people dont respond well to topical devices for whatever reason. These epidemics and resistance or lack of response to topical therapy have even caught the attention of The CDC (Center for Disease Control). They now recommend oral Ivermectin for treatment resistant cases. That's all I know . I wish you Well.

Hello everybody I have rosacea with any papules when it comes on the forehead and nose and temples.
    I made a cure with tolexine long time and it was nice
    I stopped it and 3 months after it comes worse
    I really take tolexine ( doxy) it seems better but 3 or 4 papules aren't completely gone
    They stay with a little dryness and inflammatory
    What would be the best topical treatment to put to erase them?
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by crimson25 View Post
    Does you derm not have a discount card/loyalty card? Mine gave me one and it lowered the cost of Oracea and Soolantra significantly. My insurance didnt cover it either and each were around $100.
    I only use Soolantra, and I used the discount card until the program ended at the end of June 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop View Post
    can soolantra help for just redness and daily flushing? i dont have bumps, pimples. Just daily heavy flushing

thanks
    It helped reduce the frequency and duration of my flushes. The best way for me to end flushing is to put ice cold water on my face and keep on replacing it until the flushing stops. You don't have to put your face under a faucet, just sprinkle the very cold water on your face and keep on doing that. It does mess up my foundation, but I keep extra in the office and replace it once the flushing is over.

Default Starting to get asked how I got rid of my rosacea!

I'm just reporting back. I've been using Soolantra since November of last year and my skin has never looked better. My sister in law recently asked me how I got rid of my rosacea. I'm actually drinking hot coffee while typing this and my face isn't flushing. Honestly, soolantra has saved my skin. It is still buttery soft and moisturized. I used to deal with dry red flaky skin and pimples that would last for months.

I'm going to see my dermatologist later this week to get a prescription refill so I'll report back if he says anything interesting during the appointment. I know last time I saw him he said that he's been really excited by the results he's seeing with his patients using soolantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    I'm just reporting back. I've been using Soolantra since November of last year and my skin has never looked better. My sister in law recently asked me how I got rid of my rosacea. I'm actually drinking hot coffee while typing this and my face isn't flushing. Honestly, soolantra has saved my skin. It is still buttery soft and moisturized. I used to deal with dry red flaky skin and pimples that would last for months.

I'm going to see my dermatologist later this week to get a prescription refill so I'll report back if he says anything interesting during the appointment. I know last time I saw him he said that he's been really excited by the results he's seeing with his patients using soolantra.
    How often do you use Soolantra? I only use it a night. I think it helps with the spots but sadly hasn't reduced my flushing, That is so great you have seen results

I also just use soolantra at night. I actually asked my dermatologist today if I should start using it only a few times a week but he recommended continuing every night saying that there were no harmful chemicals I should be concerned about with long term use.

It has definitely helped with my flushing but I think that is partially because my skin barrier was terrible before I started using it so now that it has healed, my skin feels more resilient to my triggers. I feel like my skin is still improving though so maybe you'll find that you don't flush as much with longer term use.

As an aside, I've been spraying avene water on my face before applying the soolantra and the combo is really soothing to the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    I also just use soolantra at night. I actually asked my dermatologist today if I should start using it only a few times a week but he recommended continuing every night saying that there were no harmful chemicals I should be concerned about with long term use.

It has definitely helped with my flushing but I think that is partially because my skin barrier was terrible before I started using it so now that it has healed, my skin feels more resilient to my triggers. I feel like my skin is still improving though so maybe you'll find that you don't flush as much with longer term use.

As an aside, I've been spraying avene water on my face before applying the soolantra and the combo is really soothing to the skin.
    Hi ! Happy to hear about your great success ! I have a few questions So you have been applying the Soolantra cream every single night for 9 months straight ?Do you / or did you ever get tiny itchy hive like bumps on your face ? Or just the pimples associated with Rosacea ? And lastly , how long did it take your skin barrier to heal to the point where you were comfortable ? Like no burning , stinging ? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3boys View Post
    Hi ! Happy to hear about your great success ! I have a few questions So you have been applying the Soolantra cream every single night for 9 months straight ?Do you / or did you ever get tiny itchy hive like bumps on your face ? Or just the pimples associated with Rosacea ? And lastly , how long did it take your skin barrier to heal to the point where you were comfortable ? Like no burning , stinging ? Thank you
    I'd also add that the Soolantra has been pretty good as a moisturizer, I've been pretty nervous to put anything on my face, so the Soolantra has my face softer, more moisturized than its been in a really long time.

Ive been using Soolantra for 12 days now. I dont have any bumps (Oracea took care of that), so its tough to tell if there has been any other benefit from the Soolantra. I still have reddish patches on my cheeks, with redish spots, almost look like scars. Not sure how long that takes to go away.