Page 45 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

As I posted above I have quit Soolantra for two weeks now.

After quit my skin has improved day per day. I did a lot of exercise. A few days ago I bycycled for about 11 hours and the weather was very hot two days afterwards I did a run for one hour. I just used a normal sun blocker for sensitive skin. I got almost no new spots or pimples. Moreover the redness is far less noticable than during the Soolantra course.

So either I experience just a really good period at the moment or the application of Ivermectin has healed my skin and at the same time my skin was just sensitive to Ivermectin or any other incredients of Soolantra.

Nobody knows exactly how Ivermectin works. Maybe the mites were just killed or it had another healthful effect in some way.

So if my skin will get worse in the future I do another course and accept the side effects. But at the moment I am totally glad and satisfied with my skin.

I will post the further progress or any changes.

Hi John,

can't personnaly say for sure but imo, the weather is a big game changer... I don't know what's the weather for you lately, but if it is sunny, then wait the winter to conclude anything for yourself.

And whatever, enjoy these free moments !

good luck to you as to all

Still quite statisfied about the decision to stop Soolantra. Almost no new pustules the last week. I feel so normal :-). Ok, my nose has a slight red shade. But I think this I just have to accept.

Des Esseintes, yes the weather has an effect. But I remember the hot weather often made my skin worse. And now everything is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by John1982 View Post
    Still quite statisfied about the decision to stop Soolantra. Almost no new pustules the last week. I feel so normal :-). Ok, my nose has a slight red shade. But I think this I just have to accept.

Des Esseintes, yes the weather has an effect. But I remember the hot weather often made my skin worse. And now everything is in order.
    Hey there,

Before you started the Soolantra treatment did you have a dead skin build up over your skin? I have this but a also get the hive like itchy bumps that turn into little whiteheads along with redness and some broken capillaries. (I haven't tried Soolantra yet) I'm confused whether mine is fungal or mites. Or both : (

Quote Originally Posted by Capture531 View Post
    Hey there,

Before you started the Soolantra treatment did you have a dead skin build up over your skin? I have this but a also get the hive like itchy bumps that turn into little whiteheads along with redness and some broken capillaries. (I haven't tried Soolantra yet) I'm confused whether mine is fungal or mites. Or both : (
    I do think Soolantra helps to some extent with dry skin yes. The texture of the skin improves. I can't use a moisturiser as it causes pustules for me, but the Soolantra effectively acts like a moisturiser in my case, but helping the rosacea at the same time.

I've used Soolantra for 12 weeks now. I am very pleased with the results. I was super discouraged in weeks 2-3 due to significant worsening of p&p, redness and itchiness, but am glad I stuck with it. Once that main inflammation healed, I saw gradual improvement until now when I have no more p&p - none! My skin is very smooth and looks nice. Can't say that it did much for pre-Soolantra redness. That said, it is summer, and I have been in the sun a lot, so maybe I'll notice an improvement in that come fall.

Quote Originally Posted by cnaemily View Post
    does anyone have soolantra they don't want?
    i'm desperate. insurance wont cover it they want me to pay almost 700 bucks!
    Galderma Labs does have a patient assistance program for lower cost Soolantra. See this link:

http://www.rxassist.org/pap-info/com...tail?CmpId=144

Quote Originally Posted by Fantine View Post
    Galderma Labs does have a patient assistance program for lower cost Soolantra. See this link:

http://www.rxassist.org/pap-info/com...tail?CmpId=144
    Does you derm not have a discount card/loyalty card? Mine gave me one and it lowered the cost of Oracea and Soolantra significantly. My insurance didnt cover it either and each were around $100.

can soolantra help for just redness and daily flushing? i dont have bumps, pimples. Just daily heavy flushing

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop View Post
    can soolantra help for just redness and daily flushing? i dont have bumps, pimples. Just daily heavy flushing

thanks
    Yes it can help with redness and daily flushing. It is not a perfect answer to this. But it helps somewhat. It works well in combination with medicines that tackle flushing such as alpha blockers or beta blockers.