Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182
Results 811 to 815 of 815

Thread: Soolantra

  1. #811
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default Soolantra 3 weeks HELP

    I've just came to the end of week 3 with using Soolantra for demodex (a LOT of them, as my dermatologist said).
    The first few days it seemed to clear up and calm my skin. Then I had very bad itching and burning around day 8.
    Then I got a lot of new break outs every day but they were kind of on the surface of my skin, getting yellow middle quickly (sorry for that, it's disgusting I know). I thought it's kind of a good sign, mites are dying off and this is how my skin clears up. Also, i stopped having those millions of small bumps on the sides of my face. But now, after week 3 it's getting more inflamed, I get new breakouts every single day and these are different, they are much deeper and painful and stay for long, I guess they are nodules. I started to get them all over my cheeks and jaw, before that, I only had problems on the side of my face.

    Anyone had/has similar symptoms?? Or should I look for another reason too, besides demodex? Or is it possible that these mites were so deep in my skin that now this layer is also clearing up? I'm really desperate, my condition is actually worse than before. I also took a one dosis oral Ivermectin during week 1. I don't see where this will end and i'm so tired of this sh*t!! Background info: i eat healthy, no dairy or nuts, mostly gluten-free (though i don't have intolerance), sugar and sweets max once a week or less. I used to drink 2-3 glasses of wine weekly when going out but I stopped for a month now. I run and go the the gym to do some light muscle training too. I'm on birth control which supposed to help skin problems (hahaha).

    HELP PLEASE

  2. #812
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13
    Country: United States

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinproblems View Post
    I've just came to the end of week 3 with using Soolantra for demodex (a LOT of them, as my dermatologist said).
    The first few days it seemed to clear up and calm my skin. Then I had very bad itching and burning around day 8.
    Then I got a lot of new break outs every day but they were kind of on the surface of my skin, getting yellow middle quickly (sorry for that, it's disgusting I know). I thought it's kind of a good sign, mites are dying off and this is how my skin clears up. Also, i stopped having those millions of small bumps on the sides of my face. But now, after week 3 it's getting more inflamed, I get new breakouts every single day and these are different, they are much deeper and painful and stay for long, I guess they are nodules. I started to get them all over my cheeks and jaw, before that, I only had problems on the side of my face.

    Anyone had/has similar symptoms?? Or should I look for another reason too, besides demodex? Or is it possible that these mites were so deep in my skin that now this layer is also clearing up? I'm really desperate, my condition is actually worse than before. I also took a one dosis oral Ivermectin during week 1. I don't see where this will end and i'm so tired of this sh*t!! Background info: i eat healthy, no dairy or nuts, mostly gluten-free (though i don't have intolerance), sugar and sweets max once a week or less. I used to drink 2-3 glasses of wine weekly when going out but I stopped for a month now. I run and go the the gym to do some light muscle training too. I'm on birth control which supposed to help skin problems (hahaha).

    HELP PLEASE
    From my experience my breakouts after week 3 were also a bit different than typical; however, mine didn't really hurt. I suppose I got around 3 sort of painful bumps, but most of mine were painless. Normal break-outs for me involve small clusters of small pustules. Honestly, they are usually so small that most people wouldn't notice. During week 3 I did get atypical bumps which looked more like larger red bumps, which resembled a mosquito bite more than a pustule. They did get better for me during week 4 and then another set back in week 5, but week 6 has been pretty good.

  3. #813
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sks42 View Post
    From my experience my breakouts after week 3 were also a bit different than typical; however, mine didn't really hurt. I suppose I got around 3 sort of painful bumps, but most of mine were painless. Normal break-outs for me involve small clusters of small pustules. Honestly, they are usually so small that most people wouldn't notice. During week 3 I did get atypical bumps which looked more like larger red bumps, which resembled a mosquito bite more than a pustule. They did get better for me during week 4 and then another set back in week 5, but week 6 has been pretty good.
    Thanks for the answer! now it's changing basically every day: from big bumps to small pustules. But the main point is, something always hurst on my face and i started to get itching again, not sure this is a normal sign. I change pillow cases but I started to be suspicious that there might be something in my room, it only has a rooftop window, maybe the dust or something from the birds??? i'm so desperate to heal...

  4. #814
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13
    Country: United States

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinproblems View Post
    Thanks for the answer! now it's changing basically every day: from big bumps to small pustules. But the main point is, something always hurst on my face and i started to get itching again, not sure this is a normal sign. I change pillow cases but I started to be suspicious that there might be something in my room, it only has a rooftop window, maybe the dust or something from the birds??? i'm so desperate to heal...
    Listen, my skin also changes really quickly very often since on Soolantra. I will wake up one day and my skin looks great and then the very next day I will have a break-out or cluster of pustules. It is very up and down and if you read a lot of the accounts of people this is very typical. Most people remark on break-outs at week 3 and week 6, generally. Mine were more like week 1, week 3, and week 5, but I still had bumps in between those weeks. My itching was really bad week 1 and started up again in week 3. This past week has been the best week I've had and now I'm starting to have more good days than bad. I am currently on day 38. I think your pattern sounds very typical and since you've come this far I would stick it out. Don't be discouraged during the flare-up weeks. I have also read that people experience a change in the way their skin flares up, so that the mix of big or small bumps or pustules sounds very normal and I have found that to be true as well.

  5. #815
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    38
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Its now almost two month when I am on Soolantra and I feel that there is no mites left on my face. Skin texture completely normal, no more strange bumps just little bit of redness and broken capillaries, but for that I will use laser. So, happy days! At least for my face
    The biggest improvement was on week number 3, seems that just one morning I wake up and my skin looked million times better! Now progress slowed down, its getting better, but slowly, I think skin needs time to regenerate. On week number 4 I got strange rash on my face, I think it was that so unpopular die-off. It dissapeared during one week.
    Just cannot believe how MUCH damage was done by these mites during just 4 month.. I got even skin scarring! Its absolutely crazy! Thanks Lord scarring is not so visible now.
    Be strong everyone, never give up. I was thinking even about suicide. Now I am almost happy. Just push through it, IT WILL END, I PROMISE YOU.
    bBe blessed.

Similar Threads

  1. Soolantra & Retin A
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29th April 2017, 05:41 PM
  2. Soolantra???
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 15th December 2015, 10:10 PM
  3. Soolantra Update...
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25th April 2015, 04:03 AM
  4. Soolantra...
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 1st April 2015, 09:15 PM
  5. Soolantra dosage
    By thekarens in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19th March 2015, 08:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •