Page 132 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1350

Thread: Soolantra

Quote Originally Posted by alanna89 View Post
    Thank you for replying.. I have read the whole the thread from page 1 to this one and it took me a week and half!

The reason why I ask is because I havenít seen any improvement at all. People have said in this thread about the die off period in weeks 3/5 or whatever?
    I have had the die off and still getting it but I havenít had any good days at all, no difference in my skin! Itís still bumpy, spotty, redness is still there its disgusting!

I havenít seen any doctor not one about my skin... I ordered the soolantra from a well known pharmacy online. They wanted pictures and I sent them two and they prescribed it to me.
    I have tested it on my arm and no reaction at all.

I did post a photo and it did allow me but I deleted it because no one was commenting on it just viewing it.

Would also like to add... I have had bad skin all my life but literally as soon as I hit 29 this got worse.
    Today marks 10 weeks use for me.

My skin has been pretty good the last few days. a few small p+p's but nothing thats making me freak out. You really need to give this stuff a few months to work properly.

Hang in there.

At about 4.5 months now. There have been some tentative signs that this huge 'second wave' flare I've experienced since the 3-month mark is calming somewhat, but it's certainly not finished yet...

As I've said previously, it's getting very, very hard to persevere at this stage.

The key question is whether the continuing symptoms I'm experiencing are still a part of the treatment process, and therefore something working to a positive end, OR simply out-and-out irritation caused by the product and/or the resultant oiliness - in which case, discontinuation would be the route to take...is there even any way to know?
    Last edited by davem81; 27th September 2018 at 07:54 PM.

So I think I'm going to give soolantra one more week at daily application levels. That will take me to 5 months exactly.

As I said in my previous post, it's either the case that the continuing breakouts are still symptomatic of the 'treatment' phase (though I find this increasingly hard to believe after 5 months), OR the topical is simply irritating my skin at this point, and causing these eruptions to no positive end. It MUST be one or the other of these, as these symptoms are significantly worse than I had (90% of the time) for the previous 3 years of taking no treatment at all. So it cannot be that the cream is simply having 'zero' effect on my skin: it's either still treating me, or else it's causing these symptoms for no gain.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that my current symptoms are a result of the massive increase in skin oiliness caused by the cream. Therefore I intend to first taper down to 1-2 applications per week, and observe what happens - to hedge my bets, if you like. I'll continue to post, but would of course appreciate anyone's advice or comments in the meantime...

Quote Originally Posted by davem81 View Post
    So I think I'm going to give soolantra one more week at daily application levels. That will take me to 5 months exactly.

As I said in my previous post, it's either the case that the continuing breakouts are still symptomatic of the 'treatment' phase (though I find this increasingly hard to believe after 5 months), OR the topical is simply irritating my skin at this point, and causing these eruptions to no positive end. It MUST be one or the other of these, as these symptoms are significantly worse than I had (90% of the time) for the previous 3 years of taking no treatment at all. So it cannot be that the cream is simply having 'zero' effect on my skin: it's either still treating me, or else it's causing these symptoms for no gain.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that my current symptoms are a result of the massive increase in skin oiliness caused by the cream. Therefore I intend to first taper down to 1-2 applications per week, and observe what happens - to hedge my bets, if you like. I'll continue to post, but would of course appreciate anyone's advice or comments in the meantime...
    I had similar results with Soolantra, and I gave it 105 days. It indeed works for some as indicated in this thread. I once in a while, say once every other month, try using it again for one treatment, I prefer the ZZ cream.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Dabbido View Post
    It's pretty evident how good soolantra is at moisturising dry skin, as I can't remember the last time my skin felt so hydrated.
    I loved the moisturising effect of soolantra - at first. I even described it as 'the best moisturiser I've ever used'. After several months of daily use however, those benefits are long-since gone and oiliness has become a real issue - which I am assuming to be caused by the cumulative soolantra application.

So I've now limped past the 5-month mark for daily soolantra applications. Unfortunately my situation is little changed, and I have just about run out of capacity for 'accepting' the situation I find myself in...

To summarise my experience again, soolantra cleared my skin almost totally in approximately 6-7 weeks. However, after another 6-7 weeks virtually symptom-free, a far more severe flare-up of my symptoms began which has never appreciably abated during the past 2 months. During the past week, things got to the level of cancelling appointments, missing work and hiding in my house again.

I knew soolantra was a gamble. But I didn't envisage being in this situation at 5 months in. What is SO puzzling to me is that it did achieve clearance of my symptoms, albeit short-lived. What a blissful little period that was! If this had never happened it would be a far more simple and straightforward decision to simply cease treatment and move on - indeed, I would almost certainly have done so before now, had that been the case.

I wonder though, is it possible that it did in fact clear me of demodex during the initial stage, and what I am suffering now is simply a straightforward irritation caused by the cream....that I am sustaining by continuing the treatment?

I want to give this treatment absolutely every chance...but I simply can't take this ongoing flare-up any longer. I'm totally depleted at this point. For context, the last 2 months have been signficantly worse than my general situation before beginning soolantra (I took no treatment at all for approximately 3 years, by choice). I feel like I simply have no choice at this point but to give my skin a rest and see what happens....and I guess, by extension, I'll test out the theory I put forward above...
    Last edited by davem81; 12th October 2018 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davem81 View Post
    So I've now limped past the 5-month mark for daily soolantra applications. Unfortunately my situation is little changed, and I have just about run out of capacity for 'accepting' the situation I find myself in...

To summarise my experience again, soolantra cleared my skin almost totally in approximately 6-7 weeks. However, after another 6-7 weeks virtually symptom-free, a far more severe flare-up of my symptoms began which has never appreciably abated during the past 2 months. During the past week, things got to the level of cancelling appointments, missing work and hiding in my house again.

I knew soolantra was a gamble. But I didn't envisage being in this situation at 5 months in. What is SO puzzling to me is that it did achieve clearance of my symptoms, albeit short-lived. What a blissful little period that was! If this had never happened it would be a far more simple and straightforward decision to simply cease treatment and move on - indeed, I would almost certainly have done so before now, had that been the case.

I wonder though, is it possible that it did in fact clear me of demodex during the initial stage, and what I am suffering now is simply a straightforward irritation caused by the cream....that I am sustaining by continuing the treatment?

I want to give this treatment absolutely every chance...but I simply can't take this ongoing flare-up any longer. I'm totally depleted at this point. For context, the last 2 months have been signficantly worse than my general situation before beginning soolantra (I took no treatment at all for approximately 3 years, by choice). I feel like I simply have no choice at this point but to give my skin a rest and see what happens....and I guess, by extension, I'll test out the theory I put forward above...
    I suggest moving to ZZ Cream.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    I am back after 5 months of using Soolantra. I didn't experience any die-offs. My "healthy" skin areas became even more white, but the problematic areas didn't change. I still had to stick with my diet not to get new p&ps and I even developed one new food sensitivity, to nuts. The good thing with this cream is that it doesn't sting, doesn't smell at all, it isn't drying, hydrates the skin and doesn't clog the pores. But clearly it wasn't the ultimate solution for me.
    I still encourage anyone with rosacea to try Soolantra as the first line therapy, because of all the pros I mentioned before.
    Hi Maria.Where did u buy soolantra, cause here in Greece as u already know there isn't exist , unfortunately.

Default 45g tube

Used daily, how long should a tube of Soolantra 45 mg last?

Just picked it up today and with the discount card it came to a zero balance copay.

Quote Originally Posted by profion View Post
    Hi Maria.Where did u buy soolantra, cause here in Greece as u already know there isn't exist , unfortunately.
    A friend sent it to me from abroad.