Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135
Results 1,341 to 1,349 of 1349

Thread: Soolantra

Default Finally decided to go with taking oral meds to treat the demodex

I haven't posted for a while, I started Soolantra in January and while it worked, I think it has only been able to provide results for about 3-4 months. I can't really explain why, but I think some of these mites might be resistant to either topicals or ivermectin. I came across a few studies and what was interesting is that some people went into remission with just one oral dose of ivermectin, some people needed weekly ivermectin dosing anywhere from 1-6 weeks, some people didn't respond at all to ivermectin but went into remission while taking 250mg oral metronidazole 3x daily for 2-3 weeks, there's also the study that Elaine has posted with the combo therapy of ivermectin and metronidazole.

So at my appointment today we discussed oral treatment options and are going with the oral metronidazole, I originally was hoping to go on the combo therapy but maybe since my skin quit responding to topical ivermectin, my Dr decided against also giving me the weekly oral ivermectin. I did find one study that mentioned the remission rate with the 2 week dose of oral metro is around 79%.

I also found advice from optometrists online to throw out makeup, buy fresh pillows, use clean bedding that's washed and dried on the highest heat setting, and to change bedding weekly. I plan on using a new towel and pillowcase daily and try to be mindful of items that come in contact with my face daily, things like brushes, my phone, glasses will be wiped down with tea tree oil and all linens washed and dried on high heat.

I'm really hoping this treatment works, and i'll update in the following weeks with how things are going.

Quote Originally Posted by SaraL View Post
    I haven't posted for a while, I started Soolantra in January and while it worked, I think it has only been able to provide results for about 3-4 months. I can't really explain why, but I think some of these mites might be resistant to either topicals or ivermectin. I came across a few studies and what was interesting is that some people went into remission with just one oral dose of ivermectin, some people needed weekly ivermectin dosing anywhere from 1-6 weeks, some people didn't respond at all to ivermectin but went into remission while taking 250mg oral metronidazole 3x daily for 2-3 weeks, there's also the study that Elaine has posted with the combo therapy of ivermectin and metronidazole.

So at my appointment today we discussed oral treatment options and are going with the oral metronidazole, I originally was hoping to go on the combo therapy but maybe since my skin quit responding to topical ivermectin, my Dr decided against also giving me the weekly oral ivermectin. I did find one study that mentioned the remission rate with the 2 week dose of oral metro is around 79%.

I also found advice from optometrists online to throw out makeup, buy fresh pillows, use clean bedding that's washed and dried on the highest heat setting, and to change bedding weekly. I plan on using a new towel and pillowcase daily and try to be mindful of items that come in contact with my face daily, things like brushes, my phone, glasses will be wiped down with tea tree oil and all linens washed and dried on high heat.

I'm really hoping this treatment works, and i'll update in the following weeks with how things are going.
    I found the same as you with Soolantra cream. It seemed to work quite well for a few months then it stopped working. I've had longer term success with Zhongzhou cream, available on Amazon. It's' true that mites can become resistant to ivermectin and various other treatments, but many people seem to have long term success with Zhongzhou cream. I think it's worth considering oral ivermectin together with oral metronidazole - there's a study that suggests treatment twice over the two weeks with oral ivermectin and daily treatment for two weeks with oral metronidazole I believe.

Default In need of encouragement

Iím on week six of soolantra big pustules seem to have eased burning on cheeks seem to have eased but burning around chin is there and chin is quite sore. I have like two faint red rings on my chin not sure if itís rosacea or something else but skin is sore. Any ideas ?

Iím using Cerave Smoothing cleanser followed by Cerave moisturising lotion ( Changed from Oil of Olay sensitive) not sure if this moisturiser is okay for sensitive rosacea skin with SD but I wasnít sure if oil of Olay was feeding SD. But if anyone knows anything better Iím all ears.

Getting a lot white spots especially around the chin. Iím trying to stick the full corse but I canít figure out if itís my guts that are hindering it working as Iíve still go Gastritis.

Default Update

I’m nearing week 10 chin and skin very sore no major spots but chin looks super angry and skin burns like the fires of hell .
    Surely it would be calming down by now. Anyone else have problems around this week 10 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Iím nearing week 10 chin and skin very sore no major spots but chin looks super angry and skin burns like the fires of hell .
    Surely it would be calming down by now. Anyone else have problems around this week 10 ?
    Could you possibly post a picture of these red rings?

Quote Originally Posted by SaraL View Post

Any update on how your treatment went?

Default Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Capture531 View Post
    Could you possibly post a picture of these red rings?
    EC4593D5-7932-4B18-B18E-CBB7789A1B1D.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Capture531 View Post
    Any update on how your treatment went?
    July 20, 2019 was SaraL's last post. Her previous post before that was April 29 (one more on April 28) and before this 23rd January 2019. She at least is posting in this thread consistently. You can do the math when her next post might be. The rosaceans come and go, talking about all their rosacea woes.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 12th November 2019 at 03:52 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Default Week 12

Iím entering week 12 of soolantra there has been major improvements and hardly any spots. Skin is sore coz I donít think it likes the base cream. Question is shall I carry on into a 4th month just to make sure Iíve killed as many as possible regardless of skin being sore ? Has anyone else carried on using it after 3 months ?