Page 116 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1349

Thread: Soolantra

I had replied to this thread months ago. It's so long now I am unsure when. Anyway, Soolantra really helps me and I have subtype 1 and 4. I know it's supose to be for subtype 2 but it helps my redness and flushing. I have also been applying it to my eyelids (not in my eye of course) and I think it may help.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Thank you so, so much for your reply MissM. It was indeed very helpful to me. I find writing and reading on this forum in and of itself to be very cathartic, as most people in my life not only don't understand what I'm going through, but seem to have some sort of block/resistance towards discussing it with me for whatever reason.

I can relate to a lot of what you've written: I've also been dealing with this since childhood and am suffering greatly psychologically from it...I have even had to train myself to sleep on my back as well! It really sucks to have to alter the most mundane, basic and comforting of needs just in order to not suffer. When you're flushing/blushing, it feels like you're reduced to red, burning, horrible skin and all you can think about it is making it stop or hiding away. It is really a values changer in some ways and can change you as a person.

I know I will definitely try Soolantra soon. I have a tube sitting in my drawer, waiting for the night where I muster up the courage to actually go through with a full face application. I've been all worked up about it for a few reasons but I need to just go for it (and keep my fingers crossed for demodex or whatever anti-inflammatory properties it may have!) Lately I have been daydreaming of an anti-flushing medication, especially an SSRI, and the mental and physical relief it could potentially give me in many aspects of my life. I just don't know where to start or which one to try and am really worried about all the potential side effects of any given one. The never ending quest to try to put all these puzzle pieces in order is exhausting!

Again, thanks so much and thanks for giving us all a little hope! I hope I will have more positive things to add to this thread in the coming weeks.

Hi Crimson,

I can totally relate to everything you said. I too sleep on my back now, haha! I don't think anyone can really understand what we as rosaceans go through. It can be vey isolating and lonely. As I am getting more relief as of late, my life is opening up much more. I can spend time and truly be present with friends and family, I am enjoying nature more, going out to eat, dancing more, etc. So, there is a light at the end of the tunnel...one only needs to find the secret recipe to help ease their suffering and it seems to be different for everyone. My life has definitely been enriched by the people of this forum. I don't think I'd even know about my treatment options if it wasn't for all the people here sharing their experiences. I hope from the bottom of my heart that you can find some relief soon! Life can be much better and the disease, I now believe, can be managed to a point where your quality of life improves. I think the biggest challenge, often times, if finding the courage to try things against the fear of making things worse or not seeing any results whatsoever. You got this, Crimson! I think you have some good options at your fingertips and something will work for you.

Sending a big hug your way,
    M.
    Last edited by MissM; 19th November 2017 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faith1989 View Post
    I had replied to this thread months ago. It's so long now I am unsure when. Anyway, Soolantra really helps me and I have subtype 1 and 4. I know it's supose to be for subtype 2 but it helps my redness and flushing. I have also been applying it to my eyelids (not in my eye of course) and I think it may help.
    So good to hear, Faith!

What was your flushing like before in comparison to now?

M

Aw, thank you MissM! I needed that. Yeah, the fear of making things worse or having another hope evaporate definitely keeps me somewhat paralyzed in making choices. And ironically probably makes things worse in and of itself!

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Congratulations MissM on your success. It was reports like yours that made me try Soolantra. I still use it occasionally (maybe twice a month) but use the ZZ cream every week since I found the Soolantra too strong for me. Different strokes for different folks.
    Brady, do you mind explaining what you meant by Soolantra being too strong for you? Very curious. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Aw, thank you MissM! I needed that. Yeah, the fear of making things worse or having another hope evaporate definitely keeps me somewhat paralyzed in making choices. And ironically probably makes things worse in and of itself!

Also:

Brady, do you mind explaining what you meant by Soolantra being too strong for you? Very curious. Thanks!
    I used it everyday for a number of months. It was too strong for me to use every day. Now I used it maybe once or twice a month and use the ZZ cream regularly each week (about four or five times each night). You can view my review of Soolantra here.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Thanks, Brady. Interesting reading. I noticed you went through 2 tubes in 2 months, might that have been too much?
    Or perhaps it was the Cetaphil base that was the culprit. Who knows...At any rate, I'm glad ZZ works well for you and that your face recovered well!

I found the discussion about how Soolantra could fit in with the nervous system theory fascinating-- that the way in which it has helped some subtype 1 sufferers might be due to how it interacts with nerve cells and its potential inflammatory relief.

Default 3 months and a half

I am 3 months and 13 days in. For people who just started soolantra and feel discouraged... i got way way worse the first 8-10 weeks.. then i suddenly got clear for about a week! Since then i have very mild flares, so mild that i actually can wear foundation now, which completely hides any traces of my rosacea. And i was a BAD case, with sometimes my whole cheeks covered in papules and pustules.

I got rid of those at like 95% to 100% depending of days. I can eat and drink whatever the hell I want and it doesn't affect my face at all. Well, wine makes me flush, but it's part of the game. I don't get p&p from wine... and redness is MUCH easier to hide

Quote Originally Posted by Dontgiveup View Post
    I am 3 months and 13 days in. For people who just started soolantra and feel discouraged... i got way way worse the first 8-10 weeks.. then i suddenly got clear for about a week! Since then i have very mild flares, so mild that i actually can wear foundation now, which completely hides any traces of my rosacea. And i was a BAD case, with sometimes my whole cheeks covered in papules and pustules.

I got rid of those at like 95% to 100% depending of days. I can eat and drink whatever the hell I want and it doesn't affect my face at all. Well, wine makes me flush, but it's part of the game. I don't get p&p from wine... and redness is MUCH easier to hide
    This made my day!!! Iím SO happy for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dontgiveup View Post

Fab news !!! Must be a great feeling... well done for persevering I know it was touch & go for a while, like for many of us. I'm right behind you 2 months 1 week and counting

Yup, it was quite a bumpy ride! It's still hard to believe that my cheeks are now smooth to the touch.. as long as it's smooth it can be hidden under makeup and look completely normal.

I never wore makeup before because, let's be honest, when you have p&p + flaky skin... makeup makes it look WORSE!!

I even got rid of my "over-oily" nose, just by quitting birth control pill. Happy to find the culprit

My skin is not perfect by any mean but it's very decent with a bit of foundation 😃