Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495

Thread: Soolantra

I agree that taking antibiotics long term is not healthy. I have been on and off of them for years already, but my GP seems willing to keep prescribing new ones.

I wanted to ask about the low dose doxycycline as at 40mg it no longer has a antibiotic effect, only and anti-inflammatory one. And so should be less harsh on the body overall.

My plan at the moment is to stay on the doxycyline whilst starting the soolantra cream, I'm hoping that the two treatments together will be effective and then in a few months I can drop the antibiotic all together.

Quote Originally Posted by ben1987 View Post
    I agree that taking antibiotics long term is not healthy. I have been on and off of them for years already, but my GP seems willing to keep prescribing new ones.

I wanted to ask about the low dose doxycycline as at 40mg it no longer has a antibiotic effect, only and anti-inflammatory one. And so should be less harsh on the body overall.

My plan at the moment is to stay on the doxycyline whilst starting the soolantra cream, I'm hoping that the two treatments together will be effective and then in a few months I can drop the antibiotic all together.
    If you have Demodectic Rosacea, then Soolantra (or ZZ Cream) will be effective enough. They treat the cause - Demodex Mites - by killing them, not the symptom (inflammation, infection, P&Ps, etc.).

Antibiotics merely treat the symptom. There is no point taking them if you have Demodectic Rosacea and have access to Soolantra (or ZZ Cream). You are only doing yourself harm.

So no, I disagree with your plan and maintain that you get Soolantra (or ZZ Cream) ASAP.

Also keep in mind that GPs and most dermatologists know nothing about this condition.

Argh this is SO frustrating. Last week's massive angry flare up cleared in a few days, and i had skin better than before during the weekend. And now, another flare up since monday evening. Not as bad as last week (for now) but still, I don't know what to think anymore.. i thought i finally got rid of the bad skin. Should i continue? Thursday i will be starting my 7th week of diligent use and i still flare.. i'm going crazy over this! I actually had hope with the "great" skin i had during the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Dontgiveup View Post
    Argh this is SO frustrating. Last week's massive angry flare up cleared in a few days, and i had skin better than before during the weekend. And now, another flare up since monday evening. Not as bad as last week (for now) but still, I don't know what to think anymore.. i thought i finally got rid of the bad skin. Should i continue? Thursday i will be starting my 7th week of diligent use and i still flare.. i'm going crazy over this! I actually had hope with the "great" skin i had during the weekend
    I'm so sorry, Dontgiveup. That really sucks!! If it was me, I would definitely give Soolantra the full 12 weeks before throwing in the towel....as you mentioned, there are several other forum members that stuck it out, and at the end of the 3 month period, the p&ps finally cleared (was it Angela??). At the very least, you can cross Soolantra off the list of possibilities after the full 12 weeks.

Sending you positive thoughts!! This has to get better for you!!! Fingers and toes crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by MissM View Post
    I'm so sorry, Dontgiveup. That really sucks!! If it was me, I would definitely give Soolantra the full 12 weeks before throwing in the towel....as you mentioned, there are several other forum members that stuck it out, and at the end of the 3 month period, the p&ps finally cleared (was it Angela??). At the very least, you can cross Soolantra off the list of possibilities after the full 12 weeks.

Sending you positive thoughts!! This has to get better for you!!! Fingers and toes crossed.
    Yeah Angela's story is what makes me keep a little hope! I don't want to feel defeated too soon but damn it takes its sweet time to work for me.. when i feel like raising the white flag, i go read her story again and again to give me a little motivation. I don't know her but she's my rosacea mentor

I don't know if this announces another huge disgusting flare up, but right now my cheeks/nose are flushing severely and cheeks are burning.. arghhhh i already woke up with lots of juicy pustules, and now that.. how can i not feel ugly!! Can't even wear makeup because the most affected areas are kinda flaky (really small flakes but still, foundation would look awful)

When i wake up my skin always feels calm and less red (but greasy with the soolantra on) then i wash my face and spray some thermal water on.. after a few hours my face starts to feel unconfortable and gets red

Omg i dared to look in the mirror and even my ears / neck / part of upper chest are flushing.. :'(
    Last edited by Dontgiveup; 19th September 2017 at 07:54 PM.

Yeah Angela's story is what makes me keep a little hope! I don't want to feel defeated too soon but damn it takes its sweet time to work for me.. when i feel like raising the white flag, i go read her story again and again to give me a little motivation. I don't know her but she's my rosacea mentor

I don't know if this announces another huge disgusting flare up, but right now my cheeks/nose are flushing severely and cheeks are burning.. arghhhh i already woke up with lots of juicy pustules, and now that.. how can i not feel ugly!! Can't even wear makeup because the most affected areas are kinda flaky (really small flakes but still, foundation would look awful)

When i wake up my skin always feels calm and less red (but greasy with the soolantra on) then i wash my face and spray some thermal water on.. after a few hours my face starts to feel unconfortable and gets red

Omg i dared to look in the mirror and even my ears / neck / part of upper chest are flushing.. :'(

Ugh...it sounds terrible, I'm so sorry. Does this happen every day after you wash your face?

I only wash my face once per day and then put the Soolantra on in the evening afterward and keep it on until I wash my face again the next evening. Do you wash your face in the evening as well? I'm wondering if there is something in your face wash?? From what I understand, a flare-up from a die-off reaction would be an increase in pustules and papules, not necessarily increase in redness and burning...

Ugh...it sounds terrible, I'm so sorry. Does this happen every day after you wash your face?

I only wash my face once per day and then put the Soolantra on in the evening afterward and keep it on until I wash my face again the next evening. Do you wash your face in the evening as well? I'm wondering if there is something in your face wash?? From what I understand, a flare-up from a die-off reaction would be an increase in pustules and papules, not necessarily increase in redness and burning...
    I think the flushing is because of the heath, it went away after maybe 1.5 hour

Wow you're lucky to be able to wash your face only in the evening, i'm jealous! My face gets too oily after a few hours and soolantra makes it shiny lol so i wash in the morning and evening. The soap doesn't cause my p&p because i used the same during my 3 month remission and my skin was cristal clear so that is why i use the same thing. Good old dove sensitive bar soap! Awww its time to go apply the damn soolantra.. i hate it when i wash my face and it feels bumpy.. during the weekend it was pretty smooth :,(

I think the flushing is because of the heath, it went away after maybe 1.5 hour

Wow you're lucky to be able to wash your face only in the evening, i'm jealous! My face gets too oily after a few hours and soolantra makes it shiny lol so i wash in the morning and evening. The soap doesn't cause my p&p because i used the same during my 3 month remission and my skin was cristal clear so that is why i use the same thing. Good old dove sensitive bar soap! Awww its time to go apply the damn soolantra.. i hate it when i wash my face and it feels bumpy.. during the weekend it was pretty smooth :,(
    Gotcha! The heat does the same thing to me for sure!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

Gotcha! The heat does the same thing to me for sure!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!
    Ha! That would be awesome but i don't count on it because its starting to get itchy. And when it itches its not getting better! I just hope i'm not wasting my time with soolantra. But finacea didn't work. I didnt try metrogel but i heard its so so