Page 134 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1349

Thread: Soolantra

I'm similar. I've been using Soolantra since mid July. My skin has cleared up tremendously, but i do still get the occasional spot and some redness.

I'm not sure my skin really loves the Cetaphil base.

Has anyone tried 'Horse paste'? There seems to be a hell of a lot of people on FB having good sucess with it

Quote Originally Posted by Stu_ View Post
    I'm similar. I've been using Soolantra since mid July. My skin has cleared up tremendously, but i do still get the occasional spot and some redness.

I'm not sure my skin really loves the Cetaphil base.

Has anyone tried 'Horse paste'? There seems to be a hell of a lot of people on FB having good sucess with it
    My derm told me not to use any heavy creams like Cerave moisturizing cream because it could clog pores, but with Cetaphil moisturizing cream being the base of Soolantra I don't really feel like he knew his stuff to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Yes and yes, but put time into reading about ZZ Cream, how to apply it, etc
    Thanks! I have read through the thread. I actually bought the ZZ cream yesterday. I feel like my skin is just getting worse. Today I have been using soolantra for 4 weeks. Under are some pictures of my skin right now. Does this look like a mite die-off?

1.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lejaja View Post
    Thanks! I have read through the thread. I actually bought the ZZ cream yesterday. I feel like my skin is just getting worse. Today I have been using soolantra for 4 weeks. Under are some pictures of my skin right now. Does this look like a mite die-off?
    Yes it does look like a mite die-off. Things will get worse before they get better. I would suggest moving to ZZ Cream, you'll get much faster relief.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Default Soolantra trial

Hello everyone

I've just joined. I look through the forum quite often so thought I would share my experience.

On day thee of my soolantra trial. I was on antibiotics, it all just comes back when I came off. I majorly struggle with rosacea type two, pustules etc, and acne, and skin picking /obsessing about it. I'm so determined to fix it or find a way to cope. I hope pray that soolantra will. I think it's linked to my poor digestion, leaky gut, and intolerances, I suspect it could be parasites, something internal.

My routine is now morning and night :
    Sulphur soap 10 percent
    Soolantra
    E45 cream as moisturiser, Elizabeth arden 8 hour if really dry
    I use micellar water to remove makeup
    And as I am going travelling I will use La Roche posy factor 50 face cream

Diet changes too:
    No gluten
    No dairy except for homemade kefir
    No refined sugar
    Lots of salmon, fish
    Trying to cut down on fruit as I know its high sugar, and do more of a keto type low carb diet

Supplements:
    Acv if I remember in morning and or before meals
    Cod liver oil one a day
    1 probiotic tablet
    A small cap full of black seed oil
    Rejuvenated collagen shot which has 10000mg colleagan daily
    Tumeric 1 tsp in non dairy milk in the evening

I feel like with all this my skin should be GLOWING! Unfortunately it still isn't but I'm only a few days in. I know I need to be patient....

Will keep you posted
    Lou

Hi Lou,

Don't get frustrated, you'll see results if your issue is mite related,but it just takes a while. I'm on day 21 and the die off symptoms are just now starting to subside. The first 4 days of Soolantra nothing happened, then day 5 I had tingling, burning and redness, day 6 i woke up with what looked like folliculitis breakouts on my cheeks and forehead. Once those breakouts calmed down, the skin started feeling smoother but then at the same time kind of peeled off in the same manner like a sunburn would. Under the skin that has peeled/flaked off, healthier skin has emerged. Apparently it takes a while to reduce the mite population, on the Soolantra pamphlet it states that results may be seen as soon as 4 weeks but to discontinue usage if there is no improvement within 3 months.

Hang in there, and if it gets worse don't get too discouraged since that may mean it's working to kill off the mites. Of course you may not get the die off reaction at all, sounds like everyone reacts differently
    Last edited by SaraL; 23rd January 2019 at 01:04 AM.

Hi sorry for my bad English
    Photos Before using soolantra
    image (1).jpgimage.jpg
    And with soolantra now 1,5 year later20190216_232335.jpg20190216_232217.jpg20190216_232129.jpg
    I'm using soolantra the last 1.5 years. My initial results were great and my skin looked really good. Lately my results are not that good,I guees my skin got used of it. I would like to use an anaplastic cream(like la Roche Posay baum) because it seems like I have a sort of small "gaps" at my skin. Has anyone ever used something similar?

Default about to hit 4 month mark on Soolantra

I started Soolantra in the beginning of January. Before treatment I had dry, sandpaper like skin, white spikes of skin coming out of each pore with red, sensitive skin. I talked with my Dr about treating a potential demodex infestation and thankfully after going through the literature I brought him, he put me on Soolantra. I experienced a die off reaction after applying for 5 days which included small breakouts, hot itchy skin and peeling skin. After the die off, my skin continued to improve for about 2-3 months but it seems that topical ivermectin might not be strong enough to really reduce demodex numbers to a healthy level in my case. I'd say my skin has improved by about 50%-75%, it's not nearly as dry and sandpaper like, but there are still visible spots of scaling and follicular plugs.

I think the technical term for this condition is pityriasis folliculorum and i've read it can be difficult to manage. In medical literature Soolantra has been used in only a few number of cases for this condition. I'm not sure why I haven't completely responded to Soolantra, I have read that it does only treat adult demodex but not the eggs. There's a chance that it's just not an aggressive enough treatment for me or it could be that I have a proliferation of demodex in areas where i'm not applying the cream like perhaps my scalp or chest.

At my last Dr appointment we talked about the option of using oral ivermectin or a combination or oral ivermectin and oral metronidazole. Would oral ivermectin be a good option though if the topical didn't quite work as well as I hoped? I've come across literature discussing the use of permethrin and crotamiton. I'm wondering if anyone here found any of the treatments I discussed helpful after Soolantra has failed? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SaraL View Post
    At my last Dr appointment we talked about the option of using oral ivermectin or a combination or oral ivermectin and oral metronidazole. Would oral ivermectin be a good option though if the topical didn't quite work as well as I hoped? I've come across literature discussing the use of permethrin and crotamiton. I'm wondering if anyone here found any of the treatments I discussed helpful after Soolantra has failed? Thanks!
    Yes, look up ElaineA’s posts about oral ivermectin + oral metro. I would not say Soolantra has failed you exactly, but...

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    Yes, look up ElaineA’s posts about oral ivermectin + oral metro. I would not say Soolantra has failed you exactly, but...

I had misdiagnosed demodex for years. Started at age 11.5 after a severe viral infection left me sick in bed for 2 weeks - immune system was at rock bottom. 4 Board Certified dermatologists misdiagnosed the skin issues at bacterial acne. 1 Board Certified Opthalmologists diagnosed my red eyes as being either a virus or allergic conjunctivitis. None of the antibiotics, retinoids or prescription benzoyl peroxide ever cleared the problems up. I ended up with severe ocular rosacea as well as the skin issues. I never the topical Soolantra. Googling for the causes and treatments, I found the article on the Oral Ivermectin + Oral Metronidazolefrom the May 2013 International Journal of Infectious Disease.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...0197121201315X

I started out using topicals like Cliradex Wipes, Hypochlorous spray, tea tree oil cleanser and homemade tea tree oil facial masks to try and wipe out the infestation. That all helped, but I couldn't stop using the Cliradex wipes or the occular rosacea flared back up within a few days. I took the 2 drug oral ivermectin + oral metronidazole treatment early last year. It worked. 15+ months later my eyes and skin are still clear. I didn't have any problems with taking the 2 oral drugs.

There are 2 kinds of demodex, demodex folliculorum and demodex brevis. Due to years of eye symptoms on both upper and lower lids, I think I had both types. The brevis go down into the oil glands and may be more difficult to treat with topicals. The oral drugs may be more effective on brevis than the topical Soolantra. The oral drugs do work on both types of demodex and quickly too.

Thanks for sharing your experience Elaine, sounds really promising. It makes sense that the cream may not reach deep enough to eliminate the demodex brevis mites. I was considering talking to my dr about switching to permethrin + ivermectin oral, but now reconsidering after reading the study you posted. Maybe topicals can only do so much for cases like mine, two oral meds might just be the better option. My one hesitation is the concern of metronidazole causing a yeast infection, two weeks on an antibiotic could really wipe out good bacteria, but I have to do more research on whether or not it's the type of antibiotic that would cause thrush.

One question I have is, did you take extra precautions like changing pillowcases and bath towels daily, add something to your laundry to kill the mites, and did you have to wash your face twice daily? I usually stick to washing with a fragrance free face wash 1x a day, and washing hair every 3 days. I've come across varying info that talks about demodex mites surviving only a few hours off a host, and other info i've found has said up to 3 days in a moist environment. I haven't really been that aggressive about eliminating mites from my environment, but if they really can survive up to 3 days maybe I should be.