Page 1 of 132 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Default Soolantra

Just started using Soolantra 3 days ago.
    I've developed 2 more small blotchy red patches of skin along back by my upper cheek and jawline. I've read others experiences with this cream, and some claim it worsens before it improves..
    I don't have P&P's, only stubborn, consistant redness. Due to my Rosacea not responding to anything i eat/drink,no major triggers, surfer related products, and general anti-redness meds, I've began to think the issue may be an allergy to Demodex. Although I am not sure.
    Maybe I'm wasting my time using this cream for redness and its irritating my skin further.

So please, drop your Soolantra experiences, has anyone experienced anything similar? Also how much is recommended to apply; Ive been applying very conservatively

Quote Originally Posted by key69 View Post
    Just started using Soolantra 3 days ago.
    I've developed 2 more small blotchy red patches of skin along back by my upper cheek and jawline. I've read others experiences with this cream, and some claim it worsens before it improves..
    I don't have P&P's, only stubborn, consistant redness. Due to my Rosacea not responding to anything i eat/drink,no major triggers, surfer related products, and general anti-redness meds, I've began to think the issue may be an allergy to Demodex. Although I am not sure.
    Maybe I'm wasting my time using this cream for redness and its irritating my skin further.

So please, drop your Soolantra experiences, has anyone experienced anything similar? Also how much is recommended to apply; Ive been applying very conservatively
    I was definitely applying it liberally. I tried to apply it in the early evening so that it would catch the mites as they became active.

It took me over 3 weeks to finally see improvement. I had more general redness than I did P&P before starting soolantra. Within the first week I saw P&Ps increase beyond what was normal for me. I saw 2 spikes in P&Ps within the first three weeks with some scattered in between the spikes.

I noticed that if I applied a TTO lotion in the morning, it really helped keep the redness in check vs. using soolantra alone. I attribute that to the TTO helping to keep the bacteria from the dead mites in check; something soolantra can't do. I would assume clindamycin or something similar could have the same effect. I was using a 10% mix of TTO. I won't lie, some days it was really difficult to get myself out of the house during those weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuan View Post
    I was definitely applying it liberally. I tried to apply it in the early evening so that it would catch the mites as they became active.

It took me over 3 weeks to finally see improvement. I had more general redness than I did P&P before starting soolantra. Within the first week I saw P&Ps increase beyond what was normal for me. I saw 2 spikes in P&Ps within the first three weeks with some scattered in between the spikes.

I noticed that if I applied a TTO lotion in the morning, it really helped keep the redness in check vs. using soolantra alone. I attribute that to the TTO helping to keep the bacteria from the dead mites in check; something soolantra can't do. I would assume clindamycin or something similar could have the same effect. I was using a 10% mix of TTO. I won't lie, some days it was really difficult to get myself out of the house during those weeks.
    But in time did it effect your redness? I'd like to apply it earlier in the day, but since I only use it once, I've been putting on after my nightly shower because i dont want to just wash it off, isn't that an issue for you?

Also, how do you make you Tea Tree Oil cream? Also, do you apply it right overtop the Soolantra?

The new areas are still there, and a bit raised ):

But in time did it effect your redness? I'd like to apply it earlier in the day, but since I only use it once, I've been putting on after my nightly shower because i dont want to just wash it off, isn't that an issue for you?

Also, how do you make you Tea Tree Oil cream? Also, do you apply it right overtop the Soolantra?

The new areas are still there, and a bit raised ):
    The redness has just started to recede. I have to let some time pass to see if it sticks.

I have an odd schedule so I try to apply it in the early evening. If I can't, then I just do it when I can.

I do not put TTO over soolantra. I don't know if they would cancel out or react negatively, and I don't want to find out.

Default Update

Thought I'd document my Soolantra experience, as I will only be trying it for a month too see if any benefits are noted.

Been using Soolantra for a week and a couple days, no difference in redness. On the downside, the small cluster of bumps I developed are still there, basically the same. I think another is forming though.
    I feel very down at the moment, Im not used to having these types of red bumps that won't go away
    Not sure if its the Soolantra or the progression of my condition... trying to persevere.

Default soolantra

Thought I'd document my Soolantra experience, as I will only be trying it for a month too see if any benefits are noted.

Been using Soolantra for a week and a couple days, no difference in redness. On the downside, the small cluster of bumps I developed are still there, basically the same. I think another is forming though.
    I feel very down at the moment, Im not used to having these types of red bumps that won't go away
    Not sure if its the Soolantra or the progression of my condition... trying to persevere.
    The studies I read were 12 weeks long so hahang in there. Your Doctor should also treat the bacterial infection at the same time. The redness would go away then. I have had luck with Benzoyl Peroxide 10%. Ask a Vet they treat for both when the canine version is at issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    The studies I read were 12 weeks long so hahang in there. Your Doctor should also treat the bacterial infection at the same time. The redness would go away then. I have had luck with Benzoyl Peroxide 10%. Ask a Vet they treat for both when the canine version is at issue.
    By treating the bacterial infection, you mean oral antibiotics?

I'm very hesitant about these, I've heard many complications arise from these. Both doctors have given me prescriptions for them, but I haven't filled them. Oracea would probably be my only compromise. They have only given me doxy and minocyclins, 50mg's.

Default Week 2

Well, so far I have found no positive effects with this cream.

The 2 spots I developed about a week & a half ago are fading a bit, but another red spot has developed since yesterday in the same area..
    My general redness is about the same... My face never had these persistent red bumps and spots before I started using Soolantra..
    really bothersome.

At this point im debating continuing usage ):

The majority of skin conditions take weeks to heal, and rosacea is no different. My eczema takes up to three months to fully heal. I've been using Soolantra since March 16, and I'm VERY happy with the results I've seen so far. I hope everyone gives the medication enough time to work before they stop using it.

I have a tube of this but have thus far held off on starting after seeing some of the lackluster responses. My bumps are mild, and I don't know if I'm courageous enough to deal with them getting much worse before seeing any improvement. Right now I use La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo once a night, and though I know for most rosaceans BP is a big no-no, it's the only thing that seems to help on a consistent basis (at least in terms of the bumps, it probably makes my redness worse but for me the redness is the lesser of two evils). I'm thinking though that perhaps the BP will help with some of the initial flareups and then hopefully I'd be able to stop using the Effaclar Duo if things go well with Soolantra...

Right now I'm on the edge of the diving board, having those scary thoughts that flood your mind right before jumping off...