Thread: Soolantra & Retin A

Default Soolantra & Retin A

I've been using Soolantra for a little over 6 weeks and basically dealing with what I've read as being the 6 week flare up. Before I started using Soolantra I was getting my skin to be able to at least tolerate Retin A. I used it 2 to 3 times a week at night for a few months, but I stopped when I sarted using Soolantra. My question is, does it seem like a good or bad idea to bring Retin A back into my regimen?

I would wait maybe two more weeks to give you time to heal from the flare up.

Quote Originally Posted by beelover1972 View Post
    I would wait maybe two more weeks to give you time to heal from the flare up.
    Agreed. You want to make sure that the results will stick and reintroduce products slowly.

I was prescribed both at once by a derm, though I really think they sometimes miss the struggles and delicacies we have to micromanage in dealing with our skin, meaning it could be a bad combination but derm didn't know. Soolantra is new, after all. ... I did Soolantra in the morning, Retin A in the evening. My skin couldn't tolerate Retin A, it ultimately made my flushing much worse and now my flushing threshold is decreased. Retin A not worth the risk IMO for rosaceans unless you have thick, not very sensitive skin.

Default Curious about this too

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyKingston View Post
    I was prescribed both at once by a derm, though I really think they sometimes miss the struggles and delicacies we have to micromanage in dealing with our skin, meaning it could be a bad combination but derm didn't know. Soolantra is new, after all. ... I did Soolantra in the morning, Retin A in the evening. My skin couldn't tolerate Retin A, it ultimately made my flushing much worse and now my flushing threshold is decreased. Retin A not worth the risk IMO for rosaceans unless you have thick, not very sensitive skin.
    A couple years ago, my first dermatologist prescribed Tretinoin & gave me some finacea samples. I used both and my skin had never looked better. Now, two years later and living in another state, my new derm has prescribed soolantra. I haven't used retin a in my skin care routine lately as I wasn't sure how to integrate with soolantra. And, also wanted to see results solely from soolantra. So far, I've used soolantra twice now at night and it seems to be working.