Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand kanuka honey formulation proven to be an effective rosacea treatment

Default New Zealand kanuka honey formulation proven to be an effective rosacea treatment

Hi all

Can I first say that I am of course biased, as I am the inventor of this treatment! However, I am sure a lot of you will be interested to know that we have recently published results showing that our New Zealand kanuka honey formulation has been proven to be effective as a treatment for rosacea. The story is getting a lot of media attention in New Zealand today, and a news story can be seen here:

http://tvnz.co.nz/breakfast-news/hon...-video-6275125

Please let me know if you would like more information. I have attached the press release and the study results that were presented.

If you want to try the product, it can be shipped anywhere in the world, but a word of advice....order soon, as the supply has already been diminished by the media attention this morning.

I am happy to answer any questions on this thread.

Many thanks

Dr. Shaun Holt
    Attached Files

it sounds really interesting. what subtype of rosacea is it good for ?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunholt View Post
    Hi all

Can I first say that I am of course biased, as I am the inventor of this treatment! However, I am sure a lot of you will be interested to know that we have recently published results showing that our New Zealand kanuka honey formulation has been proven to be effective as a treatment for rosacea. The story is getting a lot of media attention in New Zealand today, and a news story can be seen here:

http://tvnz.co.nz/breakfast-news/hon...-video-6275125

Please let me know if you would like more information. I have attached the press release and the study results that were presented.

If you want to try the product, it can be shipped anywhere in the world, but a word of advice....order soon, as the supply has already been diminished by the media attention this morning.

I am happy to answer any questions on this thread.

Many thanks

Dr. Shaun Holt
    You talk about demodex mites been the cause of Rosacea and that's why the honey works

But not every one with a red face has demodex mites

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    it sounds really interesting. what subtype of rosacea is it good for ?
    Hi there - all subtypes were included on the trial, no subtypes seemed to do better or worse than others. Thanks Shaun

But did participants have flushing? And see flushing resolve? Subtype 1 is flushing and redness. No bumps.

yes what about subtype 1 ? are there any before and after pictures ?

I have tried high quality Manuka honey in the past. While it didn't really help with rosacea, it did improve my skin and helped keep it moisturized. I have also used aquaphor in a similar manner.

The problem with both of those solutions is that they are messy. Your solution claims to address that, at least a little bit, with the 10% glycerin. So my question is can you wear this out in public or is it strictly for inside purposes? Can you put it on at night or will it create a mess on pillow

Good morning,

is this product just for rosacea? or does it work for permanent redness in general? what about KPRF?

Many thanks

PS I can't access to the PDFs

Sorry, just saw that it says 15 min twice a day. I was using it the manuka honey for hours at a time. Hmmmm...15 min/day doesn't seem like a long time, but I think this may be worth a try. I am not so sure it is that much different than a high grade manuka honey though (which has been used for a long time on here). I do like that it comes in a tube. The jar is just a pain. And I also like that it is a high grade. So I think it is worth a shot. Not so sure how I feel about the glycerin though. That would seem to help, but rosaceans can react to so many things that it introduces another variable into the equation.

Hmmm...I do like the idea of this product, but boy the cost is high. You can get a the highest quality manuka honey for 10% of the cost/gram (when you factor in shipping to US). Even if kanuka honey is better than manuka, it is pretty darn close. Maybe this product can make its way to Amazon so the shipping won't kill the total price?
    Last edited by wiry; 11th April 2015 at 01:16 PM.

Anyone concerned about the glycerin could test by using a 100% glycerin soap bar or some pure glycerin before investing in the honevo. You can find them for only a couple dollars at a health food store-- would save in the long run if you think you might react to the glycerin. I find the 100% glycerin to be very good on my skin but I know here some have stated they are sensitive to glycerin.