Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head and Shoulders Conditioner for Facial Seborrheic Dermatitis

Default Head and Shoulders Conditioner for Facial Seborrheic Dermatitis

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...REDIBLY-for-me

Not sure how many of you have seen this thread before, but has anyone successfully treated their seb derm by putting Head and Shoulders Conditioner (any type) on their face?

Kind of interested, but too afraid to try this, seems crazy given the irritating ingredients in most shampoos/conditioners.

Let me know what you guys think

Tried it and it only made things worse, basically like 99% of things
    that I put on my face.

JCRG, have you used any products that have helped, if so, what has helped the most?

Selsun Gold - My Scalp and Forehead are heaps better, I noticed a difference within weeks.

I only use it 2 or 3 times a week, one of those times I leave it on for 5 - 10 minutes, others just a quick wash. The water is less than tepid though.

Quote Originally Posted by alfred2 View Post
    JCRG, have you used any products that have helped, if so, what has helped the most?
    Hi Alfred,

I use manuka honey masks and zinc oxide cream to keep it under control. I've also started using
    Cerave PM lotion for shaving with as it contains none of the bad oils that can flare up malassezia
    induced SD.

I believe to treat the condition successfully though you need a lifestyle change. Diet definitely affects
    my SD so I'm in the process of cleaning that up, plenty of salads and raw garlic, turmeric, ginger etc.

Sunlight and exercise always helps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherman View Post
    Selsun Gold - My Scalp and Forehead are heaps better, I noticed a difference within weeks.

I only use it 2 or 3 times a week, one of those times I leave it on for 5 - 10 minutes, others just a quick wash. The water is less than tepid though.
    Just one thing when I was researching different shampoos for controlling seb derm came across this article showing that selenium sulfide the active ingredient in Selsun shampoos increases sebum. Which cannot be a good thing as sebum is a fuel for seb derm. Half way down pdf file is diagram showing increase;

http://journal.scconline.org/pdf/cc1...117-p00121.pdf

I personally found Head and Shoulders on my scalp to sting but that could be just be me. I use Nizoral (active ingredient ketoconazole), Eucerin Dermo Capillaire (active ingredients Piroctone olamine, Climbazole PH 5), Oilatum scalp treatment (active ingredient Ciclopirox olamine), Hegor 150 (active ingredient Climbazole 1.5%), Sebamed (active ingredient Piroctone Olamine PH 5.5).

I rotate using one each day the above shampoos on my scalp and face for 10 minutes then rinse off. Does seem to clear up my seb derm even with having surgical treatments on my for acne scarring that causes a flair up each time.

I use Head & Shoulders to control my seb derm. Works very well. First of all, I wouldn't try it when you're having an outbreak and your skin is irritated. Wait until your skin has calmed down, and then wet the affected areas, and lather a tiny amount of H&S into the skin. In the time it takes for the skin to dry (2-3 minutes) rinse.
    I've been clear for 9+ months doing this once a day.

Default moisturiser

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyo View Post
    I use Head & Shoulders to control my seb derm. Works very well. First of all, I wouldn't try it when you're having an outbreak and your skin is irritated. Wait until your skin has calmed down, and then wet the affected areas, and lather a tiny amount of H&S into the skin. In the time it takes for the skin to dry (2-3 minutes) rinse.
    I've been clear for 9+ months doing this once a day.
    what else do you use? like moisturiser etc? I use also head & shoulders soothing care. BTW you can also combine this with honey. very strange but it can. are you Are you able to manage the flakes/patches down to zero?
    Like baby but - crystal clear skin 24/7?
    Is your skin texture pore size still nice and not harmed by sd?
    Please put down your full remedie /routine
    Am pm. With all your products involved.
    thx

Quote Originally Posted by joellie View Post
    what else do you use? like moisturiser etc? I use also head & shoulders soothing care. BTW you can also combine this with honey. very strange but it can. are you Are you able to manage the flakes/patches down to zero?
    Like baby but - crystal clear skin 24/7?
    Is your skin texture pore size still nice and not harmed by sd?
    Please put down your full remedie /routine
    Am pm. With all your products involved.
    thx
    Flakes patches are zero. No redness. The pores on my nose are still a bit enlarged, but a little extra treatment when I notice this gets them looking more normal, but I guess they'll never be 100% back to how they were before I developed SD.

OK, the whole story.

In another thread I mentioned that I found that having tried all kinds of different things to control an outbreak, I thought about stuff that I read on here, and that SD is essentially like athlete's foot, but on your face, and I know that a very good cure for athlete's foot is to piss on your feet in the shower.

So yes, I started applying my own urine to the affected areas of my face, and this had immediate positive effects. My SD was bad, and I was desperate, and it worked.

Then I read another guy on here saying that he uses H&S, so I started using that as well.
    There was one brief relapse when I think I was really tired and stressed, and when I thought urine & H&S wasn't working I decided to try pharmaceutical treatments, and they all made it worse, so I went back to the basics, and went clear again.

So I use urine to kill an outbreak. Rub it into skin, leave to dry, then rinse skin clean, then use Aloe Vera vasalene to moisturise. Maybe doing this in the morning. Then in the evening use H&S. Wet the face, rub in a really small amount of H&S, and by the time it has dried, rinse face.
    Maybe at the start you need to leave the H&S on the skin for longer and let the skin really absorb it all!
    Also, prolonged use of urine can give you nappy-rash, so you don't want to keep doing that once the flaking and redness has stopped.

Now I just do the H&S rinse once in the morning, maybe again at night if the pores on my nose seem enlarged (as I take this as a sign that the SD is trying to live!), and my skin is flake free, no redness, no need for moisturising, not sensitive.

Is it this product?
    http://www.headandshoulders.com/en-U...ff-conditioner

The active ingredient from H&S Shampoo are: pyrithione zinc and selenium sulfide 1%