Thread: Soolantra Update...

Default Soolantra Update...

It has been exactly one month since I started using Soolantra and I am very pleased so far. The first two weeks I saw gradual improvement and by week three it got worse. I stuck with it and now I'm ending week four and things are better than they have been in years. I still have other issues like the occasional in-grown hair but I don't have anything going on like I did before. I'm starting to feel like I have my life back and hopefully it continues.

Thats great news. I have a feeling Im going to be reading a lot of these great news posts in the future. All I can think of to say at this moment is,You Lucky Bastards. Of course Im hoping that Im going to be one of those lucky Bastards in the future but for now,I remain hopeful. Tlflowers this is a quote from Thekarens who posted an identical story to yours earlier.

"Just my own experience, after about week two I flared up pretty bad, but then improved immensely. I use it on my whole face since my whole face is a problem area."

Is the Soolantra helping with redness, or just with the p&ps? I've managed to get my bumps under control, but I'm still struggling with permanent redness, so I'm wondering if Soolantra will help. Thanks.

Actually yes. Soolantra has evened out my skin tone. Redness is basically gone. I still have a slightly bumpy complexion which I contribute to scarring. Thanks rosacea!

My face is still red, but my case is extreme. Most people think I have a permanent sunburn. The other day a co-worker commented that my face doesn't look as red, so I have hope that it will continue to improve. I'm not write a month in as of yet.

Default Week 6...

I was doing really well until this week. Week 6. Got a few pustules and some overall irritation. Things are not as good as they were last week. I am still hopeful that things will get better. It's all I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by tlfowers View Post
    I was doing really well until this week. Week 6. Got a few pustules and some overall irritation. Things are not as good as they were last week. I am still hopeful that things will get better. It's all I've got.
    This follows the pattern seen in the study participants. Flares were seen at week 3 and 6.

Default Soolantra Update

I would bet the redness would go away if antibiotic was used in conjunction. There are two issues the Demodex and the bacteria they carry. Kill one and the other is still there. Metronidazole (Flagyl) seems to be the treatment in the past. Veterinarians that treat the Canine version of Demodex know this. You can try Benzoyl Peroxide 10% if the Doc refuses it has reduced my redness very much have to look close. Hang in there, human Docs are still in the initial learning phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I would bet the redness would go away if antibiotic was used in conjunction. There are two issues the Demodex and the bacteria they carry. Kill one and the other is still there. Metronidazole (Flagyl) seems to be the treatment in the past. Veterinarians that treat the Canine version of Demodex know this. You can try Benzoyl Peroxide 10% if the Doc refuses it has reduced my redness very much have to look close. Hang in there, human Docs are still in the initial learning phase.
    Do the bacteria survive without the Demodex? Thought they were dependent on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jossan View Post
    Do the bacteria survive without the Demodex? Thought they were dependent on them.
    My redness stuck around even after most of the p&ps subsided. I used clindamycin and after 2 days of adding that, I already noticed a reduction in redness.

In the interest of full disclosure, the 1% clindamycin is in a cream that also has 4% niacinamide and 4% Azelaic Acid. It could also be attributed to those.