Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunscreen

Default Sunscreen

Hi everyone,

I was looking through some threads on sunscreen here and I am looking for some advice here. It is that time of year where the sun is coming back out and exposure is high. I know I should wear sunscreen year round but it's hard as every sunscreen I apply makes me flush or makes me not susceptible to flushing throughout the day.

I would use cerave am in the morning and it was a 50/50 shot of a bad flush after applying. What I am looking for is something that is good for very sensitive skin and does not require a lot of rubbing. I saw some use tinted sunscreen and some use a stick rather then a lotion. Anyone have some shared experiences and what the use now?

I recently purchased - Keys Solar Rx Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunblock. You can find it on Amazon.

I believe that someone else on this board mentioned it so I thought i'd try it out. I've have good luck with it so far. The smell is a bit odd when first applied but it doesn't irritate my skin at all. If anything, it seems to even out my skin tone a bit. It's kind of expensive but it seems like it will last quite a while.

I use Zinc Clear when playing golf, it does not affect my face at all, it's actually soothing when applied.

Hey I use neutrogena liquid lotion oil free sunblock, that is the only sunblock that doesnt feel greasy and doesnt give me any side effects..

Thank you for the replies I am going to some research and trial and error with the mentioned products. Figure try now before the sun really gets going.

Default sunscreen

Sunscreens are irritating to me but I can't tell it it's the application or the product sometimes.

I've had some success with Shiseido and Vanicream. I was told 15 spf was not high enough to protect so I try to go 30spf or higher.

My skin reacts to almost everything, but I've had good success with PCA Skin's Perfecting Protection SPF 30. It's zinc-based sunscreen, and my skin responds nicely to it. I think you can buy it on Amazon.

Default Cerave Morning skin cream with SPF 30

Is anyone using this moisturizer with sunscreen with success (Cerave morning skin cream with SPF30)?? I use the Cerave hydrating cleanser AM and PM. I have been using Neosporin Moisturing Cream (NOT the one with hydrocortizone in it) 2X with a lot of success I might add but I need to investigate a sunscreen cream for daytime use with spring and summer approaching. I tried the Cerave AM with sunscreen this morning and noticed some tingling and some facial redness about 30 minutes after I applied. Then about 45 minutes I noticed the tingling and redness subsided somewhat. My dermatologist gave me some Aveeno protect and hydrate sunscreen lotion with SPF 30 but it also has fragrance in it which I don't use on my face at all. Anyone using this Aveeno lotion with SPF 30 with success as their daytime/sunscreen lotion?
    Last edited by terrieb; 24th March 2015 at 03:44 PM.

I use Vanicream light and Elta MD physical sunscreen (It's tinted and covers pretty well without being able to tell you have it on). Love it! Hasn't caused one problem and would actually say the suncreen helps dry up flare ups. You can order it off amazon.

I use the Elta MD moisturizing sunscreen. I'm pretty happy with it.