Thread: KP or Rosacea, HELP!

Default KP or Rosacea, HELP!

Hello everyone! I hope all is well.

I've been trying to diagnose my condition for months now, seen multiple derms, and had multiple diagnosis. I'm sure many have had similar experiences.
    The last derm I went to was pretty intelligent, she took a fungal scraping, ext.. all negative. She ended up diagnosing me with Rosacea, and gave me a prescription for some pricey topical ointment which I didn't want to use & coud not afford, so I have yet to fill the percript.

The reason I doubt her diagnosis is because firstly, I have never really been a big blusher, only when im embarrassed, intense activity ext... 2nd, my condition has never burned or felt hot, had and "pustules" or "Pimples" 3rd, I cant seem to find any triggers! I've been improving my diet dramatically over the past week ( i know it's going to take longer to see results), but usually people can identify something that makes their rosacea flare, or not flare. Also, seems unaffected my sunlight.IMG_2490[1].jpg

The affected areas are only my cheeks that i can notice, and the texture is a bit rough. With in the areas, very small red bumps, and small white heads appear; but their not pimples or papules. so, i popped of them and a tiny waxy, core... probably not the smartest thing to do but it revealed that there's not puss in them... I have a pretty decent case of KP on my upper arms, and had it as long as I can remember... Note, on the other side of my face there is a inflamed area that runs above my jaw line.

I showed my derm, and she did't make any connection between the KP on my arms and the redness on my face.

But unlike KP, the redness isn't consistent, kind of blotchy like Rosacea... I'm in my later teens, and otherwise pretty healthy.

Hopefully y'all can give me some insight; all suggestions/inputs welcome! Thanks for reading! IMG_2492[1].jpg

Default Anyone

Anyone ..?

Quote Originally Posted by key69 View Post
    Anyone ..?
    This is my 2 cents worth .

You have neither of the above . You have a touch of KPRF . very minor ,

And that Derm that said you have Rosacea needs to call it a day .she hasn't got a clue . she's useless
    Last edited by davekelly; 9th March 2015 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    This is my 2 cents worth .

You have neither of the above . You have a touch of KPRF . very minor ,

And that Derm that said you have Rosacea needs to call it a day .she hasn't got a clue . she's useless
    Thanks for the reply Dave.

I've been to 3 derms. 1st said it was not Rosacea and diagnosed me with SD... 2nd said it was Granulomatous Rosacea, a rare type with identifiable P&P's which i don't have. 3rd said it was just Rosacea, no specifics on sub-type ext.. LOOSING FAITH IN DERMS
    If it were you, would you take my symptoms as identifiable enough to start treatment for KPRF, or seek a GOOD derm for a more official diagnosis?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Dave.

I've been to 3 derms. 1st said it was not Rosacea and diagnosed me with SD... 2nd said it was Granulomatous Rosacea, a rare type with identifiable P&P's which i don't have. 3rd said it was just Rosacea, no specifics on sub-type ext.. LOOSING FAITH IN DERMS
    If it were you, would you take my symptoms as identifiable enough to start treatment for KPRF, or seek a GOOD derm for a more official diagnosis?

Thanks
    If I was you I would leave your face alone .

What you've got is very minor . So thank your lucky stars that its not any thing life changing .

Make sure you wear a hat in the sun , Live a healthy lifestyle , eat well and you should be fine .

There is no treatment for KPRF . Anyone tells you there is , hasn't got a clue what KPRF is

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    If I was you I would leave your face alone .

What you've got is very minor . So thank your lucky stars that its not any thing life changing .

Make sure you wear a hat in the sun , Live a healthy lifestyle , eat well and you should be fine .

There is no treatment for KPRF . Anyone tells you there is , hasn't got a clue what KPRF is
    I really appriciate all your input. I started a much healthier diet about a week or so ago, but quit my pretty regular major physical activities cause previous derms said it would worsen my "Rosacea" and me me flush, which I can't ever remember happening. Im going to resume them.

An acquaintance of mine is friends with reputable derm, and actual doctor, not RN's like im used to seeing. i'm going to have him send an e-mail to the doctor explaining my situation and see what he says; mainly a doctor confirming my KPRF could ease my nerves cause even though its minor, it really effects my self confidence ext...

Thanks again, cheers.

I really appriciate all your input. I started a much healthier diet about a week or so ago, but quit my pretty regular major physical activities cause previous derms said it would worsen my "Rosacea" and me me flush, which I can't ever remember happening. Im going to resume them.
    An acquaintance of mine is friends with reputable derm, and actual doctor, not RN's like im used to seeing. i'm going to have him send an e-mail to the doctor explaining my situation and see what he says; mainly a doctor confirming my KPRF could ease my nerves cause even though its minor, it really effects my self confidence ext...

Thanks again, cheers.
    Good because first thing is you don't have Rosacea and I workout and go to the Gym and it doesn't me any worse , But I always make sure I work out in a cool environment .And anyone in my gym who gets in the way of me been not able to workout in a cool environment will know all about it .

Keratosis pilaris:
    -Light exfoliants, things with glycolic acid in them, ammonium lactate, urea
    -Apply a heavy moisturizing cream.
    Rosacea
    -Always wash face with a gentle soap-free cleanser, use lukewarm water
    -keep face moisturized with a non-comedogenic moisturizer and with SPF