Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone using ‎Terpinen-4-ol?

I've still been using the tea tree and mineral oil. I live in Canada and it is way to expensive to ship the terpinen. Plus I'm not even sure it would pass across the border. I'm doing okay, I've seen minor improvements but nothing crazy. I'm still using Cliradex too. I would do anything to have this go away... I hope it ends up working. Thanks for asking

How are you doing?

I've been dealing with the same symptoms as all of you for over 20 years. It started happening when I was 17, and since then I've had at least one stye a week for 20 years. Don't know how I've stayed sane this long. But anyway, I am excited to read this post and have already ordered some of the terpinen to try with mineral oil. I wanted to add some advice of my own into the mix. Doctors have given me every medicine known to man, including dapsone (Which is used to treat leprosy patients!). The only thing that have worked for me so far is sea buckthorn seed oil. Its something I ordered on Amazon a few months ago, and its probably the 500th supplement/vitamin/pill thing I've tried. It has not solved my problem my any means, but I've noticed a huge reduction in the intensity of my outbreaks. They are so weakened now that I can actually face people in public with a reduced outbreak, not even bothered by it emotionally any more. I am still testing this on myself long-term, but I wanted to share the idea with you guys in case you feel like researching it yourselves. I think the bottle was thirty bucks. It's worth the gamble. Also, for those of you who live in the US, they sell it at Sprouts Farmer's Market if you have one near you.

Quote Originally Posted by mesh138 View Post
    I've been dealing with the same symptoms as all of you for over 20 years. It started happening when I was 17, and since then I've had at least one stye a week for 20 years. Don't know how I've stayed sane this long. But anyway, I am excited to read this post and have already ordered some of the terpinen to try with mineral oil. I wanted to add some advice of my own into the mix. Doctors have given me every medicine known to man, including dapsone (Which is used to treat leprosy patients!). The only thing that have worked for me so far is sea buckthorn seed oil. Its something I ordered on Amazon a few months ago, and its probably the 500th supplement/vitamin/pill thing I've tried. It has not solved my problem my any means, but I've noticed a huge reduction in the intensity of my outbreaks. They are so weakened now that I can actually face people in public with a reduced outbreak, not even bothered by it emotionally any more. I am still testing this on myself long-term, but I wanted to share the idea with you guys in case you feel like researching it yourselves. I think the bottle was thirty bucks. It's worth the gamble. Also, for those of you who live in the US, they sell it at Sprouts Farmer's Market if you have one near you.
    Thanks for the information on sea buckthorn seed oil; I've read some positive posts about it. Good luck with the terpinen; I haven't had to use mine in quite some time now, not even for maintenance any more. Mine has completely cleared up, and the redness that I'd had around my lids for so long has nearly disappeared!

When you mix, no need to exceed a 10% mixture because that will likely be too strong, and the clinical study linked in my first post shows that a lower % works. I noticed a difference within a few days, but I kept going for a month+ then tapered back to once at night, then once every few nights until I just didn't need to continue.

I should add that I keep the demodex population down now with sulfur, which I mix each night with my facial cleanser and 2x/week with my hair conditioner. I linked the one I use above. It's cheap but gentle. I just dab my wet finger into the tub and mix it with a bit of cetaphil in my fingers and gently work into circles on my face, use a baby washcloth, and rinse. I mix about 1/8 tsp with a dollop of conditioner after I wash my hair and leave that on for 5 minutes 2x/week. I don't have rosacea flares on my face at all now. I wish I'd learned about sulfur when I first experienced rosacea, but better late than never!

Let us know how the terpinen works for you.

Thanks. That's good advice to add some sulfur into my skin care. I'll give it a shot. Still waiting for my Terpinen to arrive.

Going to start using Cipralex and picked up some sulfur today. I hope I get the same results you do. I'll let you know in a few weeks

I ordered the Terpinen from e-bay but live in Canada so had to pay huge shipping. I hope it goes through customs okay. It should though because Cliradex is sold in Canada and it has that ingredient too. I'm anxiously awaiting it

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Faith1989 View Post
    I ordered the Terpinen from e-bay but live in Canada so had to pay huge shipping. I hope it goes through customs okay. It should though because Cliradex is sold in Canada and it has that ingredient too. I'm anxiously awaiting it
    The funny thing is I got my Terpinen just fine, but every time I go to Walmart they are out of mineral oil. Both Walmarts! Just waiting on the mineral oil now!

Any drug mart should have mineral oil. I got mine from a grocery store actually. I'm just worried they may confiscate mine at the border but hopefully not. Do you have ocular rosacea too? I have had it for 4 years now. Its gotten better but no where near remission status. I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Faith1989 View Post
    Any drug mart should have mineral oil. I got mine from a grocery store actually. I'm just worried they may confiscate mine at the border but hopefully not. Do you have ocular rosacea too? I have had it for 4 years now. Its gotten better but no where near remission status. I hope this helps!
    Yes. I have it. Very bad. I survive by not using computers, cell phones that much or watching tv at all. Life is boring. There are other people who have worse problems though.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I need to eat a very strict diet and clean my eyes a lot. I hope the terpinen works for me too. Cliradex helps but I still need steroids and doxy. Two things I don't wanna have to take forever. I'm slowly improving, a few years ago I couldn't even drive. Please let me know via private message if it is working or if you need support.