Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: The Difference Between Purpura and Non-Purpura V-Beam Lasers

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    18
    Country: Portugal

    Default The Difference Between Purpura and Non-Purpura V-Beam Lasers

    If You have read my first thread you already know me if not here's my story: 30yo male decided to treat facial redness (some might call it rosacea) with laser. Got a purpura v-beam session in October 2014, my biggest mistake ever. To help you avoid that mistake I will explain the truth behind the purpura v-beam and compare it with the non purpura.

    PURPURA V-BEAM:

    - Ancient technology with at least 7 years old and Candela no longer manufactures them (if your doctor/expert/operator has this laser its mainly because he/she is greedy or doesn't earn enough to upgrade to a recent v-beam. Don't trust him/her)
    - Aggressive method
    - Every hit hurts like hell
    - From the moment they got hit, your blood vessels are long gone (this is good)
    - You get round-purpura-marks from each hit (the laser coagulated the blood immediately)
    - These marks lasts at least 10 days (some erratically call them bruises)
    - Your face will be hotter than hell for hours after the session
    - You will look ugly so stay at home and don't go out scaring others
    - In the following 2 days your face will swell (so much that your eyes will be in a 16:9 format)
    - The marks will turn into scabs as your body is expelling the coagulated blood vessels
    - Once the scabs fall by their own you will have a normal white skin color (no more redness on those places, yeah!)
    - All other places where the laser did not hit will still be red making you looking stranger than before the laser session
    - Might be more expensive than the non-purpura laser (because he/she is greedy)
    - Mentally affects every people



    NON-PURPURA V-BEAM:

    - Recent technology
    - Soft method
    - Every hit feels like an ant bite and goes off in seconds
    - The blood vessels are destroy but not immediately coagulated
    - Not all the destroyed blood vessels are absorbed by the body in the 1st session
    - You might need 3 sessions to totally get rid of redness
    - Your skin will look redder than before laser session but for only 15min to 20min
    - No bruising. No swelling. No scabs
    - No one will ever know you have done a laser session unless you tell them
    - Results are noticed in a few days after every sessions
    - 50% cheaper than purpura v-beam (in my case)


    So after this do you still have doubts about which V-Beam you want to get? I've done the purpura v-beam because I didn't had this information. I've read a lot since then and believe me there's a lot of people making stuff about v-beam effects from redder faces to scars and even fat loss. That might happen with IPL not v-beam although I think it comes all from their minds.
    I suffered from anxiety myself but now I can tell you that the non-purpura it's the right choice. Totally harmless.

    I did my 1st non-purpura got a bit red for 15min and 3 days after, the places that were still red got evidently faded. With time and more sessions my skin color will be homogeneous again and no redness at all.
    I'm very happy.
    The doctor also used v-beam to hit my few chicken pox and acne scars which got slightly faded.

    If you want to treat your redness with v-beam laser then patience is the answer.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    183

    Default

    What Type of VBEAM do You recommend FOR flushing ?? Purpura or non Purpura.. ??
    FUC* ACCUTANE!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    18
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    I definitively recommend non-purpura.
    Don't even get near the purpura v-beam.
    Your photo reminds of me before the v-beam.
    I also used accutane 15 years ago but I was always an easy flushing person.
    Are you using some kind of topical medication?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverss View Post
    I definitively recommend non-purpura.
    Don't even get near the purpura v-beam.
    Your photo reminds of me before the v-beam.
    I also used accutane 15 years ago but I was always an easy flushing person.
    Are you using some kind of topical medication?



    I only use zinc Creme. Did the Vbeam help you with flushing in Long Term? I ALsp try medication. Have you tried any medication that helps you with flushing?
    FUC* ACCUTANE!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    18
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Don't use any creme besides moisturizers.
    The long use of zinc creme causes rash and hives.
    You must calm down your skin.
    I only flushed due to embarrassment/exercice. (It's normal, everybody flushes)
    After the v-beam I flush but I don't have permanent redness anymore.
    Try taking VALERIAN 500mg pills it will calm your body and mind.

    Stop the zinc creme and apply a moisturizer to calm your skin.
    Then take 2 pills a day of 500mg of VALERIAN 1 in the morning and 1 at night before going to bed.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverss View Post
    Don't use any creme besides moisturizers.
    The long use of zinc creme causes rash and hives.
    You must calm down your skin.
    I only flushed due to embarrassment/exercice. (It's normal, everybody flushes)
    After the v-beam I flush but I don't have permanent redness anymore.
    Try taking VALERIAN 500mg pills it will calm your body and mind.

    Stop the zinc creme and apply a moisturizer to calm your skin.
    Then take 2 pills a day of 500mg of VALERIAN 1 in the morning and 1 at night before going to bed.



    I Need Something to stop the flushings :-/ internal or laser....
    FUC* ACCUTANE!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    18
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Flushing its normal. Everybody flushes.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flushing_%28physiology%29

    You will still flush after v-beam but a bit less. Try calming down your skin and mind first.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverss View Post
    If You have read my first thread you already know me if not here's my story: 30yo male decided to treat facial redness (some might call it rosacea) with laser. Got a purpura v-beam session in October 2014, my biggest mistake ever. To help you avoid that mistake I will explain the truth behind the purpura v-beam and compare it with the non purpura.

    PURPURA V-BEAM:

    - Ancient technology with at least 7 years old and Candela no longer manufactures them (if your doctor/expert/operator has this laser its mainly because he/she is greedy or doesn't earn enough to upgrade to a recent v-beam. Don't trust him/her)
    - Aggressive method
    - Every hit hurts like hell
    - From the moment they got hit, your blood vessels are long gone (this is good)
    - You get round-purpura-marks from each hit (the laser coagulated the blood immediately)
    - These marks lasts at least 10 days (some erratically call them bruises)
    - Your face will be hotter than hell for hours after the session
    - You will look ugly so stay at home and don't go out scaring others
    - In the following 2 days your face will swell (so much that your eyes will be in a 16:9 format)
    - The marks will turn into scabs as your body is expelling the coagulated blood vessels
    - Once the scabs fall by their own you will have a normal white skin color (no more redness on those places, yeah!)
    - All other places where the laser did not hit will still be red making you looking stranger than before the laser session
    - Might be more expensive than the non-purpura laser (because he/she is greedy)
    - Mentally affects every people



    NON-PURPURA V-BEAM:

    - Recent technology
    - Soft method
    - Every hit feels like an ant bite and goes off in seconds
    - The blood vessels are destroy but not immediately coagulated
    - Not all the destroyed blood vessels are absorbed by the body in the 1st session
    - You might need 3 sessions to totally get rid of redness
    - Your skin will look redder than before laser session but for only 15min to 20min
    - No bruising. No swelling. No scabs
    - No one will ever know you have done a laser session unless you tell them
    - Results are noticed in a few days after every sessions
    - 50% cheaper than purpura v-beam (in my case)


    So after this do you still have doubts about which V-Beam you want to get? I've done the purpura v-beam because I didn't had this information. I've read a lot since then and believe me there's a lot of people making stuff about v-beam effects from redder faces to scars and even fat loss. That might happen with IPL not v-beam although I think it comes all from their minds.
    I suffered from anxiety myself but now I can tell you that the non-purpura it's the right choice. Totally harmless.

    I did my 1st non-purpura got a bit red for 15min and 3 days after, the places that were still red got evidently faded. With time and more sessions my skin color will be homogeneous again and no redness at all.I'm very happy.
    The doctor also used v-beam to hit my few chicken pox and acne scars which got slightly faded.

    If you want to treat your redness with v-beam laser then patience is the answer.
    Id say you are 1 in every 100,000 .

    Lasers do not get rid of all redness especially the non purpura ones .

    And I agree with your thoughts on the Zinc cream . Eventually hes going to get one big rebound flush from overuse of that
    Last edited by davekelly; 22nd February 2015 at 10:46 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    141
    Country: Australia

    Default

    I had 6 vbeams and in my opinion it is not worth it. Non bruising, they did hardly anything for me, sure they took a little off the edge of my flushing and redness but if i could go back i wouldn't do it, not worth it for the price, the horrible downtime/ pain. I would only do vbeam once the flushing is under control, flushing is something wrong with the inside not the outside.
    FOCUS on your diet
    Electro, do you have any digestive complaints?? IBS, sore joints, bloating etc??

    Maybe you should look into a drug called Mecaprine for your rosacea after accutane, i believe its called. Search it on this forum, it has been helpful for a lot of people with ac****ane induced rosacea.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wicksyx View Post
    I had 6 vbeams and in my opinion it is not worth it. Non bruising, they did hardly anything for me, sure they took a little off the edge of my flushing and redness but if i could go back i wouldn't do it, not worth it for the price, the horrible downtime/ pain. I would only do vbeam once the flushing is under control, flushing is something wrong with the inside not the outside.
    FOCUS on your diet
    Electro, do you have any digestive complaints?? IBS, sore joints, bloating etc??

    Maybe you should look into a drug called Mecaprine for your rosacea after accutane, i believe its called. Search it on this forum, it has been helpful for a lot of people with ac****ane induced rosacea.


    Hey wicksi, :-)

    I tried allready a Anti Malaria drug called plaquenil, its like mepacrine, but i dont tolerate it well. It gave me awful depressions... I tried allready gluten and dairy free, but No success... My flushings are very anxiety related, iam not sure If i fluSh cause anxiety or anxiety cause flushing... At the moment i try Anti depressive medication to Control the flushing.

    For some poeple vbeam work for flushing. Maybe your doctor choose the wrong Settings? I have a History of gut inbalance, but since i use peppermint and Oregano oil capsules, MY gut works better. It helps alot.

    Sorry for my Bad english (Lol).


    Take care
    FUC* ACCUTANE!

Similar Threads

  1. Permanent Diffused Redness and Vbeam? Purpura or no-purpura?
    By RedMan84 in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27th February 2014, 02:51 AM
  2. Purpura after lasertreatment
    By junah in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th November 2011, 10:47 AM
  3. Difference between post-treatment redness and purpura from V-Beam?
    By lilbitworried in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 4th January 2011, 10:51 PM
  4. Purpura
    By jhnnygdy in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 27th February 2008, 01:22 PM
  5. v beam/post treatment is it purpura?
    By mills in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd February 2008, 11:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •