Thread: Soolantra dosage

Default Soolantra dosage

Just curious as to how y'all apply this to your face. Do you put a thin layer all over your face or do you just dab the acne spots?

I have a full mask red face with acne. I pick up my prescription on Monday and didn't think to clarify with the doc.

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    Thanks!

Default Application...

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Just curious as to how y'all apply this to your face. Do you put a thin layer all over your face or do you just dab the acne spots?

I have a full mask red face with acne. I pick up my prescription on Monday and didn't think to clarify with the doc.
    What I have been doing is putting a pea sized amount on my fingertips and working it into the major problem areas but at the same time getting it all over my entire face and neck staying away from the eyes. I have only been using this for three days but what I have already noticed is a lessening of overall redness and I went from 2 new bumps to 1 new bump the next day. Let's hope for 0 tomorrow.

Here's to hoping!

Default I don't want jinx myself, but...

Not one new bump today. Let's hope like hell this pattern continues. I've been dealing with this crap for almost 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by tlfowers View Post
    Not one new bump today. Let's hope like hell this pattern continues. I've been dealing with this crap for almost 20 years.
    That's awesome and ditto! I started having problems in my early 20s and I'm now 45. I've tried most everything. I'm now on bactrim and the Soolantra if the pharmacy can ever get it in. They said the makers are backordered so I'm still waiting.

Sklice is 0.5% ivermectin, and prescription only. Soolantra is 1.0% ivermectin, and prescription only. They're the same drug, same manufacturer, and priced differently for different markets -- Sklice costs about 5 times less than an equivalent amount of Soolantra, and probably isn't back-ordered. Maybe ask your doc for a Sklice prescription while you're waiting.

I understand this topical targets lesions mainly associated with type 2 rosacea, however, are there any type 1 sufferers going to give it a try for flushing?

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik1967 View Post
    I understand this topical targets lesions mainly associated with type 2 rosacea, however, are there any type 1 sufferers going to give it a try for flushing?
    Given the fact that it can be obtained for $25-50 if you have the manufacturer's card with insurance, it's worth a shot. Just because they only chose to have type 2 people in the study doesn't mean it's useless for anyone else.