Thread: I think I may be on the road to recovery

Cool I think I may be on the road to recovery

Recently as of this month I got totally fed up with taking Oracea (doxycycline) and did a whole bunch of research on how to really treat rosacea. I read some testimonies on here where some people had success in curing their rosacea. I have been using tea tree oil mixed with a little bit of moisturizer all over my face to kill the demodex mites 2-3 times daily. I definitely saw major improvement while using this but I know it isn't a cure and won't get completely get rid of all my rosacea. I still use it every day and will continue to use it. After doing more research I figured out, which makes complete sense and I don't know why I didn't think of this... That rosacea or any skin problems for that matter are a result of something going wrong internally. Skin problems is our body's most obvious way of telling us that our insides aren't working properly. So I read more testimonies and made a small list of things to go buy at the health food store. These are the supplements I've gotten so far: country life betaine hydrochloride with pepsin, up&up women's daily multivitamin, vitamin b12, cvs natural daily fiber (powder), cvs food intolerance digestive aid fast acting enzyme formula, radiance vitamin A 8000 IU, and greenwise publix market probiotic complex with acidophilus. I will give a brief explanation on why I am currently using each item. Please remember that these are only my own short explanations and to do your own extensive research before using these supplements. So.... The betaine hcl with pepsin is to treat low stomach acid because most people with rosacea have low stomach acid without knowing it. Many are treated with an antacid which makes matters worse. The daily multivitamin is to treat any vitamin deficiencies I may have, however, I stopped using this specific one because it has niacin (b3) and b12 in it which I believe can worsen rosacea and I think it might have set me back a little. I am still looking for b complex supplement that doesn't contain those two. I discontinued my use of the vitamin b12 supplement because I believe it also caused my rosacea to worsen. This really worries me because b12 is the only b vitamin that is stored long-term in our bodies. The daily fiber is to help me poop more because I am constipated all the time and I know this causes more problems with my insides. I also read that this really helped someone else on their road towards being cured. I bought the powder kind to force me to drink more water because of course I struggle with my daily water intake as well. I got the digestive enzyme supplement to help me with digestion because people with rosacea tend to have a problem with digestion and I know I do because of the low stomach acid, constipation, etc. I also picked up vitamin A because I read most people with rosacea or and skin problems are deficient in vitamin A and also read that it really helped cure someone with their rosacea. And last but not least, the probiotic with acidophilus because probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system. You cannot overdose on probiotics and can take different kinds a day so I may get a different one to take as well. So far I am feeling much better as far as my insides go. My acid reflux has gone down tremendously and I am not as constipated. I also have more energy. I have only been on some of these supplements for about a week and the rest of them for a few days so I will keep you all updated on my progress and on whether I become cured or not. Please cross your fingers and pray for me! I hope some of you find this useful and maybe help you on your road to recovery! If anyone has advice or wants to share what they have used that has helped them, feel free to include that in your reply
    Last edited by Sameholick1; 12th February 2015 at 11:52 PM.

Good luck!
    Are you also watching your diet?

Quote Originally Posted by gazoo View Post
    Good luck!
    Are you also watching your diet?
    I've never had a bad diet but I refuse to cut out the foods I enjoy. I already have to deal with this curse might as well keep the things I enjoy in life lol

^^