When exactly will it be available?

Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Hi Brady. I did ask my derm last week. Even tho
    I no longer have bumps ( cured with SIBO treatment
    And anti inflammatory diet) my derm said it may still
    Be effective for diffuse redness ( one area more
    Permanent) and flushing. I'm skeptical. Opinions?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Hi Brady. I did ask my derm last week. Even tho
    I no longer have bumps ( cured with SIBO treatment
    And anti inflammatory diet) my derm said it may still
    Be effective for diffuse redness ( one area more
    Permanent) and flushing. I'm skeptical. Opinions?
    Thanks.
    Curious how did you treat your SIBO?

Quote Originally Posted by tlfowers View Post
    When exactly will it be available?
    It is becoming available in the US as it was only just approved in December of last year.

Other countries are yet to be announced.
    Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Quote Originally Posted by in_hollywood View Post
    Curious how did you treat your SIBO?
    I'm sure if you get on a rifaximin thread you can find my posts. It
    Went very well. As gastro dr. said, if it is indeed SIBO, P&Ps will
    Disappear within 4 days. They did. He treated me empirically because
    Every time I stopped the minocycline to test for SIBO my skin became
    So much worse. I have been a patient of his a long time; so it was an
    Act of compassion really that paid off. I eat Paleo, trying to keep up
    The good results. However despite this, I'm a flusher.

Is there anyone who knows if this is worth a try as a flusher, diffuse
    Redness with no P&Ps ? Thank you.

Default Flushing

For me at least, Soolantra works very well, reducing pustules, redness and drying. I don’t have a flushing issue so I am not sure if it will work for that but the published research results seem to suggest anti-inflammatory properties associated with the compound, so there is hope.

Hi Birdie. Well done getting rid of the P&Ps. Can Demodex cause flushing? I think the Author of this Hypothesis must think so.

Med Hypotheses. 2015 Jan 31. pii: S0306-9877(15)00057-2. doi: 10.1016/j.mehy.2015.01.036. [Epub ahead of print]
    Hypothesis of demodicidosis rosacea flushing etiopathogenesis.
    Robledo MA1, Orduz M2.
    Author information
    Abstract
    Most of the patients with erythematotelangiectatic rosacea are characterized by flushing, oedema and telangiectasia. The etiopathogenesis of the flushing in rosacea patients is unknown. Clinically the flushing in rosacea is similar to the "Asian flushing syndrome". Most Asians have an overactive alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) that tends to break down alcohol into acetaldehyde faster. People with "Asians flushing syndrome" have a genetic disorder with the Aldehyde Dehydrogenase 2∗2 (ALDH2∗2) allele. This is the reason why they do not metabolize very well the acetaldehyde that comes from the alcohol, which means that acetaldehyde takes much longer to clear from their blood. ALDH2 enzyme is primarily responsible for oxidation of acetaldehyde derived from ethanol metabolism, as well as oxidation of various other endogenous and exogenous aldehydes. Acetaldehyde produces the vasodilatation in the "Asian flushing syndrome". The antibodies against the GroEl chaperonin protein, a 62-kDa heat shock protein were found in the Bacillus oleronius isolated from Demodex mites, in rosacea patients. The GroEl chaperonin protein is a protein that plays a key role in normal folding of ALDH2. If the GroEl chaperonin antibodies found in patients with rosacea, cross react with the human GroEl chaperonin protein, they will not fold normally the ALDH2, and then the enzyme will not metabolize the acetaldehyde. Many of the patients with rosacea have a concomitant infection with Helicobacter pylori in their stomach. The H.pylori produces high amounts of acetaldehyde, which comes from their metabolism of ethanol or carbohydrates. As a result, high amounts of acetaldehyde will circulate for longer time in the blood, until the liver CYP2E1(p450) enzyme system finally metabilizes the acetaldehyde, during that period of time the patients will experience a flushing as well as the people with the "Asian flushing syndrome" suffer when they drink ethanol. To prove the hypothesis it is necessary to find the cross reaction between the GroEl chaperonin antibodies against the B.oleronius and human GroEl chaperonin. Four groups of patients will be studied with or without the GroEl chaperonin antibodies, and H.Pylori. The production of acetaldehyde will be tested by the ethanol-derived microbial production method. If the hypothesis proves to be true, the treatment of Demodex mites and the H. pylori could improve the flushing in the rosacea patients and it will prevent the angiogenesis (telangiectasia), and the association of the gastric injury and carcinogenesis in those patients.

Thanks Rory. Interesting find. Hope it
    Will work for us flushers

Default Soolantra cream cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmhgroup View Post
    For me at least, Soolantra works very well, reducing pustules, redness and drying. I don’t have a flushing issue so I am not sure if it will work for that but the published research results seem to suggest anti-inflammatory properties associated with the compound, so there is hope.

I am seeing my Dermatologist next week and plan to ask her about the Soolantra cream. It sounds like you are using this already. Since it is new on the market, I imagine the price is probably out of this world. Can you give me a heads up regarding the cost? I do have prescription insurance but I know some brand name prescriptions won't be covered. I would appreciate any feedback on cost without getting too nosey.