Thread: Purpuric V-beam left me with some pink marks

Default Purpuric V-beam left me with some pink marks

Hello

During the last 2 years I got increased flushing while eating, bathing and Sports, along with some acne so I went to visit a derma doctor and made what he said to be a safe purpuric vbeam which would take my redness away.

I did my first and only session 12 weeks and I'm so sorry for doing it! I got some pink marks where i did not had and all over my face now. Whats going on?

The doctor wants me to take another laser session but I'm affraid on getting more red marks. What should I do now? Will they disappear or should I take again the purpuric laser or try a non purpuric one?
    Attached Images

Wow, that looks painful! Maybe you should try the non purpuric one or not at all!! You don't look bad now at all, but it looks like that doctor underestimated what you would be left with later. Do you watch your diet or use any medications to try to control your flush? I'm sorry you had that experience, keep us posted!

Yes it was very painful. I was left with a lot of scabs and was affraid of getting scars. My face got double on size on the first 2 days after the laser.

I don't want to repeat the purpuric or any laser at all but I don't want those marks on my skin. I just want my regular/uniform skin texture back.

I have a very low carb diet. Whenn I take valerium 500mg I do notice a reduction of the flushing episodes.

Then don't do anymore laser stuff, it looks dangerous and crazy! It might take a few more months for the marks to fade away. I wonder if using some kind of scar fading ointment might help you, if the ingredients are ok and don't irritate your skin. Thank you for sharing your story. Fortunately my rosacea hasn't gotten that far yet, mostly p.ps, but if it progresses to where I flush really bad then I'll know not to get that type of v beam. Keep us posted!

It's obvious by their shapes that the pink marks are parts of my skin where the laser did not hit. But my skin was never permanent pink I just blushed a lot. Even while I still had the scabs from the laser my skin was alright. It only got those pink marks 6 weeks later before that the pink marks were where the laser hit.

Besides dieting and vitamins/minerals supplements I only apply a spf 15 moisturizer in the morning and a reactive skin moisturizer at night. I tried a lotion for hyper-pigmentation but I can't really notice an improvement.

At this moment I just want my regular natural texture skin back.

Maybe RLT can help you, talk to IowaDavid about it, he knows a lot about it.

So after doing some more research I've confirmed that these marks are called "islands" and are indeed zones where the laser did not hit.

It seems that I do need a 2nd Purple V-Beam session to eliminate them. Anyone here done this a 2nd time?