Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Botox for flushing

Default Botox for flushing

I have had my first Botox treatment for flushing today.

I have been reading reviews on Botox for facial blushing/burning for sometime on this website and decided out of all the treatments available at the moment this one had the least risk and highest potential for me at this stage.

I was treated by Dr Patterson at Woodford Medical. I have been to him before and as always he was very honest about expectations etc. Roughly 30% see a great improvement, another 30% get medium results and 30% get poor results.

Keeping my fingers crossed i'm in the first 30%!! Treatment was painful in some areas but no worse than IPL. Not anything to worry about really. Had pin prick marks after treatment but nothing too bad. He has avoided certain areas to make sure i can still smile. He has used 50 units in each side. This is higher than other people I had read of but he said he wanted to give it a decent dose so we can see in one go if it was going to work rather than upping the dose and having to go through it again.. I'm happy with that notion.

I will keep this thread updated with progress. My skin is quite normal most of the time but I flush and blush badly in the usual situations. I also get burning which is on of the main things I would love to get improvement in.
    Last edited by geobiders; 12th January 2015 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geobiders View Post

I have been reading reviews on Botox for facial blushing/burning for sometime on this website and decided out of all the treatments available at the moment this one had the least risk and highest potential for me at this stage.

I was treated by Dr Patterson at Woodford Medical. I have been to him before and as always he was very honest about expectations etc. Roughly 30% see a great improvement, another 30% get medium results and 30% get poor results.

Keeping my fingers crossed i'm in the first 30%!! Treatment was painful in some areas but no worse than IPL. Not anything to worry about really. Had pin prick marks after treatment but nothing too bad. He has avoided certain areas to make sure i can still smile. He has used 50 units in each side. This is higher than other people I had read of but he said he wanted to give it a decent dose so we can see in one go if it was going to work rather than upping the dose and having to go through it again.. I'm happy with that notion.

I will keep this thread updated with progress. My skin is quite normal most of the time but I flush and blush badly in the usual situations. I also get burning which is on of the main things I would love to get improvement in.
    Hes one of the best in England so you are in good safe hands .Which is the most important thing .

Best of luck with it .fingers crossed you will be in the lucky 30% .

I wonder how long would it last if you were ?

I've heard some people who say it lasted for a year and others said 3 months. To be honest if it worked well I would be happy to have it done every three months. Would be happy just to get rid of that burning feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by geobiders View Post

I will keep this thread updated with progress. My skin is quite normal most of the time but I flush and blush badly in the usual situations. I also get burning which is on of the main things I would love to get
    improvement in.
    Gee good luck with this. Please keep us apprised. How crazy that these treatments are so varied. I dont get how Botox could work, but noone gets this stupid disease entirely. Have you tried clonidine?

Yeh made me very sleepy!! Got on better with propanalol. Still not a total solution. I decided to try botox after the results of mirvaso (or lack there of).

Quote Originally Posted by KRC View Post
    Gee good luck with this. Please keep us apprised. How crazy that these treatments are so varied. I dont get how Botox could work, but noone gets this stupid disease entirely. Have you tried clonidine?
    I don't in any way pretend to understand in depth, but I believe it is related to reducing the hypersensitivity or response of the nerves to stimulus. Flushing is the blood flooding to the skin because a signal/ message has been sent to the capillaries to dilate and let that blood through (should happen if you are genuinely overheating say).

Really everything that happens in the face (and elsewhere) is controlled by electrical signals/ messages or chemical signals/ messages. Botox interrupts the electrical ones I think. It's just blocking one part of the messenger pathway, I guess it won't work for some because there is more than one pathway, or the signals are just too strong.

Botox is also used to reduce excessive sweating, 'excessive' expression (cosmetically speaking), even excessive tension in the muscle of the jaw where clenching or grinding is an issue. All of these are a signal gone haywire or an over reaction. I imagine my excessive sweating and flushing from modest temperature changes as lots of tiny oompa loompas running around panicking and screaming "FIRE FIRE FIRE" when a candle has been lit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox7275 View Post
    I don't in any way pretend to understand in depth, but I believe it is related to reducing the hypersensitivity or response of the nerves to stimulus. Flushing is the blood flooding to the skin because a signal/ message has been sent to the capillaries to dilate and let that blood through (should happen if you are genuinely overheating say).

Really everything that happens in the face (and elsewhere) is controlled by electrical signals/ messages or chemical signals/ messages. Botox interrupts the electrical ones I think. It's just blocking one part of the messenger pathway, I guess it won't work for some because there is more than one pathway, or the signals are just too strong.

Botox is also used to reduce excessive sweating, 'excessive' expression (cosmetically speaking), even excessive tension in the muscle of the jaw where clenching or grinding is an issue. All of these are a signal gone haywire or an over reaction. I imagine my excessive sweating and flushing from modest temperature changes as lots of tiny oompa loompas running around panicking and screaming "FIRE FIRE FIRE" when a candle has been lit!!
    Very good post

i had various treatments of botox, and it just did not work

i kept going back , just incase as i was told by the doctor we needed to keep topping up to find the right amount required.

after about a 1k worth of treatment i gave up as it did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop View Post

i kept going back , just incase as i was told by the doctor we needed to keep topping up to find the right amount required.

I like the idea of injecting something into our cheeks say every 3 months . It makes a lot of sense to me

But I agree with you Botox is not the answer .

They need to come up with something else . And finally we will have a solution to our Flushing /Blushing problems

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop View Post

Unfortunately I have a similar story. Tried 3 different doctors, although none of the treatments worked for me!