Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mosturizer and cleansers

Default mosturizer and cleansers

What do people out there use for products that you have had success with??

Quote Originally Posted by parismom13 View Post
    I use Burt's Bees Sensitive cleanser and am fixing to try their sensitive day and night moisturizers. I've been using Albolene to take off makeup in the evening but have started washing my face with the Burt's twice a day. I tried using Cetaphil when I was first diagnosed, but it dried me out and was irritating.

Default Jan Marini's

Quote Originally Posted by parismom13 View Post
    I've been using the Jane Iredale Magic Mitt to clean my face for over a year. I haven't used a cleanser on my face the entire time. It works really well and even removes my eye make up.

I LOVE it!

Here's a link: https://janeiredale.com/us/en/minera...magic-mitt.htm

Amy

I'm using eucerin dermatoclean refreshing cleansing gel. Would normally dry me out but our sticky summer has my skin dry with an oily undertone (seriously confused skin) and this cleanser seems to be doing reasonably well, nothing spectacular. The extra gentle cleansers have been clogging my pores, I still struggle with the problem but this cleanser rinses off a lot easier than the others. When I use moisturizer, the only one that agrees with my skin is Galderma nutraderm lotion, I break out from glycerin and this is the only one I've found here that doesn't contain the ingredient that generally doesn't bother anyone except me. I think it's to do with my pores that were damaged from ipl. It's fine in cleansers when I'm rinsing it off.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lossiac View Post
    I've been using the Jane Iredale Magic Mitt to clean my face for over a year. I haven't used a cleanser on my face the entire time. It works really well and even removes my eye make up.

I LOVE it!

Here's a link: https://janeiredale.com/us/en/minera...magic-mitt.htm

Amy

I think this is similar to some microfiber washcloths
    I bought on Amazon. Product made in Japan. I was
    Going to post after a month; it's been 2 weeks. It
    Removes makeup with water very well and exfoliates.
    Caution: rub very gently in little circles. I also do not
    Use it everyday. 3 x a week at most. I do not wear
    Makeup very much as I'm trying to keep everything
    Possible off of my skin. I think these microfiber cloths
    Are wonderful if you use them occasionally and never
    Rub your skin hard.

Hi guys. Funnily enough I just started using the "magic mitt" too just a few days ago and cannot comment yet as I only used it 3 times so far. I will second the recommendation that it should be used very gently on our fragile skin. However I am chiming in here because I want to add a few comments and correct something I posted years ago that I now found out is a bad recommendation.

I used to sing the praises of Eucerin, Vanicream, Cetaphil and CeraVe and have recently come to find out these are not "safe" cleansers or moisturizers because of some of their harmful ingredients. Now ymmv and you may be using these successfully. I was too in the past but can no longer and that is when I did more research and realized these are not good products for people in general let alone those with compromised skin/health issues.

Here are some links with info you may want to read about to make up your own minds. I am posting only as an FYI.
    http://fiddlebumps.com/ingredients/i...ents-to-avoid/

http://www.minimalistbeauty.com/abou...ents-to-avoid/

Here is more info re the microfiber cleansing cloths. I also purchased the magic mitt from jane iredale.
    http://www.minimalistbeauty.com/micr...for-skin-care/

And here is a website to check out products if you want more info re their safety profile.
    http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/

It comes down to finding what works for you of course but keeping in mind there are some ingredients you may want to avoid. As for me right now I am using mainly organic oils (mainly hemp so far but just started adding some maracuja oil as well) to moisturize and cleanse and will keep you posted as to how it goes. I have been doing this for only a few weeks so cannot comment to its long term compatibility with my skin but started out of necessity as I could not find any commercial products that did not cause my face to burn and turn red.

Wishing you all the best of luck in finding products that work well and safely for you!

Default When our skin says enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    Hi guys. Funnily enough I just started using the "magic mitt" too just a few days ago and cannot comment yet as I only used it 3 times so far. I will second the recommendation that it should be used very gently on our fragile skin. However I am chiming in here because I want to add a few comments and correct something I posted years ago that I now found out is a bad recommendation.

I used to sing the praises of Eucerin, Vanicream, Cetaphil and CeraVe and have recently come to find out these are not "safe" cleansers or moisturizers because of some of their harmful ingredients. Now ymmv and you may be using these successfully. I was too in the past but can no longer and that is when I did more research and realized these are not good products for people in general let alone those with compromised skin/health issues.

Here are some links with info you may want to read about to make up your own minds. I am posting only as an FYI.
    http://fiddlebumps.com/ingredients/i...ents-to-avoid/

http://www.minimalistbeauty.com/abou...ents-to-avoid/

Here is more info re the microfiber cleansing cloths. I also purchased the magic mitt from jane iredale.
    http://www.minimalistbeauty.com/micr...for-skin-care/

And here is a website to check out products if you want more info re their safety profile.
    http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/

It comes down to finding what works for you of course but keeping in mind there are some ingredients you may want to avoid. As for me right now I am using mainly organic oils (mainly hemp so far but just started adding some maracuja oil as well) to moisturize and cleanse and will keep you posted as to how it goes. I have been doing this for only a few weeks so cannot comment to its long term compatibility with my skin but started out of necessity as I could not find any commercial products that did not cause my face to burn and turn red.

Wishing you all the best of luck in finding products that work well and safely for you!
    Hooray to you for having the conviction to share your thoughts on face products. I have recently been so frustrated that my face couldn't tolerate CeraVe hydrating cleanser. I have had frustration with both moisturizers...the regular moisturizing lotion and the PM version. My dermatologist has gotten frustrated with me sometimes, I know, because I was so intolerant of various cleansers and moisturizers that I have tried. My face couldn't tolerate Vanicream lite, which is a wonderful moisturizer, as is CeraVe. I could always use LaRochePosay toleriane dermo cleanser and fluide moisturizer, even when my skin couldn't tolerate other products. Now that I am 63 and because of the effects of age and sun damage, my skin simply can no longer tolerate even these more gentle products. A person with strong healthy skin can tolerate the chemicals in these products and not have any adverse side effects; however, those of us with aged and damaged barriers are in trouble. I look forward to your posts as you hopefully find some safe alternatives. I certainly need help in discovering a simple and safe cleanser and moisturizer.

Thank you for all your posts over the years...to help others.

Ronnie

That's why I started using the Burt's Bees for Sensitive Skin. My GP recommended Cetaphil to me, but all it did was dry me out and irritate my then nasty rash. B.B. is very natural, and it's been very soothing to my skin. So between that, the estrogen and the P rosacea my skin is calm with no rash. Most of the mainstream products have too many harsh chemicals in them.

What exactly did you use from B.B. Just curious because I need something to calm my red flushing spots on my cheeks. My derm. Recently told me I may have rosacea 15 days ago & the 3 creams he prescribed which are related to cortisone but stronger burned my face so now I'm just using a crisco remedy he says to use for a wk to calm redness & soothing but it's not helping.Also prednisone tablets.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBeL View Post
    What exactly did you use from B.B. Just curious because I need something to calm my red flushing spots on my cheeks. My derm. Recently told me I may have rosacea 15 days ago & the 3 creams he prescribed which are related to cortisone but stronger burned my face so now I'm just using a crisco remedy he says to use for a wk to calm redness & soothing but it's not helping.Also prednisone tablets.
    Theres no cream on earth that can calm flushing .So you may forget about creams . Your derm is living in fantasy land