Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sudden negative reaction to IPL

Default yoga is a trigger for me, not ipl or laser

So after months and months of pain and misery, I finally realized yoga is a serious no no for me- I can run or jog or do circuit or weight lift, but not yoga.

I've had a lot of rlt and ipls since then and just had a nd tag with no problem- each one has improved my situation.

Just wanted to let people know that sometimes understanding what the problem is can be hard, but things can still be corrected.

that's strange. Do you do inversions when you do yoga? Just wondering what it is in particular about yoga that exacerbates your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by lwemm View Post
    that's strange. Do you do inversions when you do yoga? Just wondering what it is in particular about yoga that exacerbates your problems.
    Yoga involves a lot of straining for long periods of time and also inversions, so it triggers inflammation. Weight lifting is only temporary straining followed by rests between sets. It's a real shame too because there is no workout as calming to the mind and body as yoga

Yeah, I wish I could do yoga. Agree, it's so good for mind and body. I can't even do pushups without breaking into a flush. Can't imagine being in Bikram yoga. I exercise daily, but it takes a lot of modification. It still helps. So that's what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by rosacea27 View Post
    Yoga involves a lot of straining for long periods of time and also inversions, so it triggers inflammation. Weight lifting is only temporary straining followed by rests between sets. It's a real shame too because there is no workout as calming to the mind and body as yoga
    Yoga should not involve straining at all. If you have to strain to perform a pose then you need to modify the pose to where you are not straining.

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Yeah, I wish I could do yoga. Agree, it's so good for mind and body. I can't even do pushups without breaking into a flush. Can't imagine being in Bikram yoga. I exercise daily, but it takes a lot of modification. It still helps. So that's what matters.
    Yes, Bikram yoga would not be advisable for someone with rosacea. But there are plenty of yoga poses that can be done without doing inversions or triggering any inflammation in the body. In fact, there are many yoga positions that help reduce inflammation in the body. I have done yoga for years and it has cured a number of problems that doctors and physical therapy did not help.

IMO, yoga should always be done in a relaxed state and there should never be any strain or pain. Any yoga teacher who does not emphasize that is not teaching correctly. So please don't be scared of trying yoga! Someone who flushes easily should try supine poses that are within their ability without straining or standing poses if lying doing causes flushing and focus on proper breathing.
    Last edited by lwemm; 3rd August 2015 at 05:05 PM.

Just an added hurrah for yoga (can you tell I love my yoga? )
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...mation-stress/

Hey I agree with you, but yoga takes more out of me than even the hardest bootcamp workout. Everyone's rosacea is different.

Quote Originally Posted by rosacea27 View Post
    Hey I agree with you, but yoga takes more out of me than even the hardest bootcamp workout. Everyone's rosacea is different.
    Very true about everyone being different and I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I just don't want folks to be scared off of yoga because it might be really helpful. I'm sorry it is not good for you-- that would be a very big bummer if it were the case for me.