Thread: Recommendations for daily cover up that isn't irritating

Default Recommendations for daily cover up that isn't irritating

Can anyone recommend some good options for cover up to be used every day thats unlikely to irritate the skin?

Ive been using Eucerin redness relief daily perfecting lotion mixed with a little liquid foundation, but its giving me a strong during sensation after its applied
    so I'm looking for something else.

I want something that has good coverage and isn't irritating.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h87 View Post
    Can anyone recommend some good options for cover up to be used every day thats unlikely to irritate the skin?

Ive been using Eucerin redness relief daily perfecting lotion mixed with a little liquid foundation, but its giving me a strong during sensation after its applied

Thanks
    I prefer Rosaliac which has a different active ingredient than Eucerin Redness Relief and doesn't burn on contact.

If you like your foundation I would just switch those creams. If you don't like your foundation the most benign (meaning no reaction on the skin while maintaining good coverage of redness) foundation I've used recently is PF Organic Wear. The lightest shade is not as light as I would like (I'm almost Snow White in complexion) but if I blend it well it still is serviceable.
    Last edited by GreenGables; 6th December 2014 at 10:37 AM.

Nars or Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer .

I find dermablend to be full coverage and non irritating as well and have used that successfully since 2006. Full disclosure though...I have had to stop applying all topicals to my face for the last few weeks due to an outbreak of Perioral dermatitis (not supposed to put anything on your face while dealing with POD) but if you don't have POD perhaps Dermablend might be helpful for you.

http://www.dermablend.com/cover_crem...Fe_m7Aod5QcANA

Thumbs up Options

Quote Originally Posted by h87 View Post

Thanks
    Hi there. I have had great success with Clinique Redness Solutions. I was extremely hesitant to wear any kind of cover up; as I am male. I have generalized redness, P and P's, and breakthrough redness when emotionally upset, when overheated, and when drinking alcohol. I have been using mirvaso daily for a year. I often received the commment that I looked tired or sick when I used this product. I was beginning to suffer from depression; to the point that it was affecting my marriage and work. I finally broke down and went to the clinique counter. I asked the employee what products they had for covering redness. She was extremely helpful and helped me match my shade perfectly. I explained how nervous I was to wear foundation. She alleviated my fears and suggested I use a brush for application. Long story short, I have been wearing it for two weeks now, daily. I am very pleased with the coverage it provides. It lessens the appearence of my p and p's. I have no problems with redness; and I have found that I barely flush at all while wearing it. It feels comfortable, non-irritating, and I don't look like I am wearing make-up. Of course i hoped that one day my skin would just clear up naturally; however, I believe I will live rosacea my whole life. This product has given me a new lease on life. I am proud to show my face in public again. My whole outlook has changed and I am excelling at work and in my marriage. I hope this works for you! A side note.. I have stopped using mirvaso since using Clinique. Good luck!