Thread: My weird rosacea flare up. Anyone else have this problem?

Question My weird rosacea flare up. Anyone else have this problem?

My rosacea flare up right away comes with a shower, yes weather it be cold or hot.
    When I get out of the shower and pat my face dry, its not nearly as red. Then here's the kick, I'll apply my moisturizer and my skin flares.
    I've used and spent over 3k in moisturizers unfortunately.
    My current one I am using is an organic product with many healing and calming oils.
    (Just remember I've used many moisturizers and no none of them have alcahol and peppermint, ect.)
    DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

P.s- I wash my face twice a day. And only moisturize. No other products. All healthy and organic.

My skin gets very sensitive after a shower or bath- whether cold or luke warm. I usually wait for about 1/2 hour before applying anything to my face. People with Rosacea get affected by even water some times. My skin sometimes burns after a shower for some time befor calming down.

Also regarding the moisturisers I find that almost 99% of them are not suitable for Rosaceans. You will have to use the ones recommended only by other Rosaceans.

I also use Jo-jo Ba oil as a barrier cream during shower. This gives protection to the skin from water and skin gets less reactive after shower.

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Latha View Post
    My skin gets very sensitive after a shower or bath- whether cold or luke warm. I usually wait for about 1/2 hour before applying anything to my face. People with Rosacea get affected by even water some times. My skin sometimes burns after a shower for some time befor calming down.

Also regarding the moisturisers I find that almost 99% of them are not suitable for Rosaceans. You will have to use the ones recommended only by other Rosaceans.

I also use Jo-jo Ba oil as a barrier cream during shower. This gives protection to the skin from water and skin gets less reactive after shower.

I have tried this for a couple mornings. It really burned my face not putting anything on for half an hour, then I tried 15 mins... Does your face burn when you do this? Any cream recommendatuons?

Default ugh!!!!! i am new to this and i do not know how to deal with it. i went from having c

Quote Originally Posted by dbrunetted View Post
    My rosacea flare up right away comes with a shower, yes weather it be cold or hot.
    When I get out of the shower and pat my face dry, its not nearly as red. Then here's the kick, I'll apply my moisturizer and my skin flares.
    My current one I am using is an organic product with many healing and calming oils.
    (Just remember I've used many moisturizers and no none of them have alcahol and peppermint, ect.)

P.s- I wash my face twice a day. And only moisturize. No other products. All healthy and organic.

Default yes i do, idk what to do. all knew to me

[QUOTE=dbrunetted;304124]My rosacea flare up right away comes with a shower, yes weather it be cold or hot.

P.s- I wash my face twice a day. And only moisturize. No other products. All healthy and organic.[/QUOTE

My face gets red "the mask" after I apply moisturizer after a shower. Calms down after a few minutes though.

Quote Originally Posted by gazoo View Post
    My face gets red "the mask" after I apply moisturizer after a shower. Calms down after a few minutes though.
    Lucky you! Mine takes like 2-5 hours to go away. What do you use?

Currently aveeno daily defense spf 15. In the morning. Face goes a bit red then calms.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrunetted View Post

Hi. Since you have tried so many products my suggestion is 1) try washing your face
    With distilled water only. Do not allow shower water on face. Chlorine in water and
    Other heavy minerals easily aggravate sensitive skin. 2) stop putting moisturizer on
    Your skin. Pat a tiny bit of aquaphor on occasionally. 3) essential oils, jojoba oil etc....
    Are highly over rated as " a good thing" for rosacea skin. The more research you
    Do you will find many rosacea skins can not tolerate them. 4) if you use sunscreen, stop
    For awhile in favor of hats. Your skin doesn't seem to like what you are putting on it. Even
    If it's healthy and organic. ( as you say).