Thread: First Post. Feeling Desperate.

Default First Post. Feeling Desperate.

I was diagnosed in 2008 when I was 27. I'm 33 now. Male. I have spent the past 6 years paranoid about my skin and what I eat.

I have at various times given up caffeine, dairy, wheat, sugar, tons of things. They make a small difference but essentially nothing changes, especially in the evenings when It's at it's worst.

I have tried various topical creams and oral antibiotics with disastrous results - increased redness and extreme burning.

I've become afraid of mirrors. If I'm at work I know better than to ever catch my reflection or I'd be too upset to finish the shift.

Sometimes I'll be in an amazing upbeat mood and then I look in the mirror and a huge wave of depression comes over me. I retreat to bed, often for days.

I've had enough.

This is my first ever post on rosacea anywhere. I feel at my absolute wits end. I look ****ing horrible and have pretty much given up hope. I see my dermatologist again in a few weeks and she will no doubt put me again on some meds that will only make it worse, again.

Quote Originally Posted by banned from china View Post
    I was diagnosed in 2008 when I was 27. I'm 33 now. Male. I have spent the past 6 years paranoid about my skin and what I eat.

I have at various times given up caffeine, dairy, wheat, sugar, tons of things. They make a small difference but essentially nothing changes, especially in the evenings when It's at it's worst.

I have tried various topical creams and oral antibiotics with disastrous results - increased redness and extreme burning.

I've become afraid of mirrors. If I'm at work I know better than to ever catch my reflection or I'd be too upset to finish the shift.

Sometimes I'll be in an amazing upbeat mood and then I look in the mirror and a huge wave of depression comes over me. I retreat to bed, often for days.

I've had enough.

This is my first ever post on rosacea anywhere. I feel at my absolute wits end. I look ****ing horrible and have pretty much given up hope. I see my dermatologist again in a few weeks and she will no doubt put me again on some meds that will only make it worse, again.
    Hi mate,

I am sorry you feel so awful, I can relate to everything you have said and I know how you feel. I don't know what meds you have used but I just wanted to say what has helped me. I am currently on clonidine and that has improved my situation quite a bit, its not a cure but it has helped. I have also had ipl which has helped with the burning, again not a cure but it has helped. I always wear a sunscreen, factor 50 everyday, this is not for everyone but it does help protect me from the sun. I have not got all the answers, I wish I had, but I just wanted to give you some support and suggest the things that have helped make my life a little easier, if you haven't tried them then maybe they might give you a little relief also. Try to stay strong, I know it is hard, and keep your head held high. All the best

burner.

Share your deseperate feeling with your doc / derm. You need support from your family, friend... don't hesitate to explain your disease.

Welcome to the RF banned from china. We all understand how you are feeling and I hope you can find support and help here. Can you elaborate on your symptoms. Do you have flushing and/or paps/pustules. What specific topicals/orals have you tried in the past? What do you use as sunscreen and what is your moisturizing cleansing routine?

Hugs,
    Melissa