Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it get easier?

Default Does it get easier?

When you're reading old posts, do you ask yourself, whatever happened to those people. Why haven't they been on this site for years? Did they get better and moved on with their lives or did they get worse and are too depressed to be on this site? Or did they just accept this skincurse as part of their life? I'm hoping they got somehow better, I like to have some hope.
    Is it possible to accept this , and if yes how and how long does it take? I'm really trying hard to live a normal life with this, but I'm struggling. I'm trying to stay positive.

I wonder the same sort of thing. I think I recall Brady Barrows saying that it's unfortunate that many who find a personal solution don't hang around to share and encourage.

I'd say the majority who get full relief had really minor problems to start with. If you have rosacea or seb derm, you'll probably be battling it for life.

I'd say most people burn out after a while on any health related forums for chronic conditions. Your both new to the site so your still eager with all the potential treatments. After you've exhausted all of those and haven't found a good solution, your drive to post and try new treatments dissipates.

For example, Tom Busby has a sticky on this forum for seb derm (what I have with rosacea) but it's so complex and meticulous that I don't even bother with any of his recommendations.

Even the most active posters all seem to drop off, which is fine. If you don't have anything new to add, there's not much reason to post.

Default I think they figure it out and move on with their lives, and you can too...

Well, I'm a virgo, and I thrive on the meticulous. Does healing take hard work, and stick-with-it-ness? Yes, most definitely. Is it worth the effort? Of course! Hang in there, kid.

In 2020, do you guys still wan't to be posting here on a daily basis?

Personally, its about the quality of posts not the quantity. If you don't have helpful info then there isn't much reason to post. In the end, that's my guess as to why older posters stop posting. If they stumble upon something that works miraculously for them i'm sure they would let us know.
    Last edited by johny; 11th November 2014 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post

Personally, its about the quality of posts not the quantity. If you don't have helpful info then there isn't much reason to post. In the end, that's my guess as to why older posters stop posting. If they stumble upon something that works miraculously for them i'm sure they would let us know.

Wise and true words.

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post

True, I think after a year , maybe earlier or later, I probably won't be on here anymore either.

I still come on here from time-to-time to read and reply to posts.

I know what a life-line this forum was for me, when I felt I was the only one with this ***** disease.

I hope that I can still in some 'small' way help.

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    I still come on here from time-to-time to read and reply to posts.

I know what a life-line this forum was for me, when I felt I was the only one with this ***** disease.

I hope that I can still in some 'small' way help.

J

Of course , I would check in too from time to time and reply to posts and if I would find some miracle treatment, don't like to use the word cure, I would of course be happy to share it with everybody.

Default Does it get easier?

I read often, hoping for someone to post they have the condition I have & here's what cured it, I've posted twice but not sure I posted it correctly Lol. I'm not sure it gets easier, just realize if I am stuck with this forever sure it's not pretty to look at, but I'm going to be ok. May not function exactly how I use too, but it's all gone be ight!!