Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Destroyed by IPL...don't know how to cope anymore

Default Destroyed by IPL...don't know how to cope anymore

Hello everyone...

Just spent another day crying my eyes out. After what had been promised to me by IPL treatments have now destroyed my skin. I am at my wits end with this disease and life.

I had a total of 5 IPL treatments for my rosacea (have had the disease for 15 years) in the last 10 months by a top notch plastic surgeon in Toronto. What I am left with is lines and dints and enlarged pores and a mess of a face. I feel destroyed. The doc apparently does not see what I do. Chooses not to! What little hope I was holding onto only 10 months back has now been taken away. I don't know which way to turn anymore and frankly no more strength to deal with it. I don't know what to do for my skin any more and am only fearing the worst - that the impact up the treatments will continue to make me look worse as time goes on. What do I do. I don't know how God expects us to live with a condition such as this and I have lost all hope.

I am too tired to write a lengthy message but want everyone to know that IPL can destroy you. DO NOT DO IT.

Wendy

Further to my last message, can anyone give me some hope that the lines, dints and enlarged pores will go away? I can't believe it will be possible because they appear to be etched into my skin. I just can't bare the thought of it being permanent. Am so distressed.

Wendykay...hard to do but try to settle yourself down. Stress will make everything worse.

How long since last treatment?
    How much time in between treatment?

Some "damage" can subside.

Dear Wendy,

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this, you say that your Doctor does not see what you do, did he not take before photo's
    before your treatment began?

I am not going to tell you not to worry (as I know that will be impossible), have any of your rosacea symptoms reduced?

Continue to treat yourself (and your skin) with care, I am sure that your skin will start to recover in time.

I cannot use RLT, however, many on here feel that it has at least helped with the look of their skin, I used the red/infared and it really helped with the look of my skin, but sadly (as I have neuropathic rosacea) it was too painful to continue.

I wish you all the very best in your search (along with many of us) for some sort of respite from this ***** disease.

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Thank you very much for your response. You are right...it is terribly hard to calm myself. I am taking some anti-anxiety medication I got from my brother just to help for now.

You know, I have had rosacea for 15 years and never had a treatment. It took me 3 years and a lot of considering/ getting to beyond burning to coax me into doing this IPL. The plastic surgeon has been treating people with IPL for almost 20 years. He is NOT an amateur. Yet, here I am...terrified of where I will be in a month from now. I have to stay away from the Laser Damage websites because they are upsetting me too much right now. I am seeing a lovely plastic surgeon tomorrow morning to get his opinion. He is a much kinder, gentler human being than the doc who did the IPL. I will see what he has to say. In the meantime, I just pray.

Judworth, thank you too very much for your message. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by gazoo View Post
    Wendykay...hard to do but try to settle yourself down. Stress will make everything worse.

How long since last treatment?
    How much time in between treatment?

Some "damage" can subside.

If anyone else out there can offer ANY hope or suggestions, I would greatly appreciated.

How long since your last treatment?

How long since your last treatment?
    Last treatment was on October 17th.

Ok. So you are 4 weeks out. I think your face is still recovering. I think it's too early to say what is/isn't permanent.
    I only had two sessions and I had an indentation aswell but it went away after several months. The pores- I do have some enlarged ones but hard to say if they have improved. I'm a guy so in all honesty, it's the least of my worries right now but I do understand your anxiety over it.
    Hang in there Wendy...protect your skin EVERY DAY with sunscreen and be patient.
    Remember, most ppl don't bother to post positive reviews as often as negative ones...in other words, it's easy to find discouraging stories/reviews.

Default De

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I really need it. I will do my best to be calm and pray that all will be okay. %#&$ I hate rosacea!

wendykay

Ok. So you are 4 weeks out. I think your face is still recovering. I think it's too early to say what is/isn't permanent.
    I only had two sessions and I had an indentation aswell but it went away after several months. The pores- I do have some enlarged ones but hard to say if they have improved. I'm a guy so in all honesty, it's the least of my worries right now but I do understand your anxiety over it.
    Hang in there Wendy...protect your skin EVERY DAY with sunscreen and be patient.
    Remember, most ppl don't bother to post positive reviews as often as negative ones...in other words, it's easy to find discouraging stories/reviews.