Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOBiome - anyone tried this?

Default AOBiome - anyone tried this?

From this article

For most of my life, if Iíve thought at all about the bacteria living on my skin, it has been while trying to scrub them away. But recently I spent four weeks rubbing them in. I was Subject 26 in testing a living bacterial skin tonic, developed by AOBiome, a biotech start-up in Cambridge, Mass. The tonic looks, feels and tastes like water, but each spray bottle of AO+ Refreshing Cosmetic Mist contains billions of cultivated Nitrosomonas eutropha, an ammonia-oxidizing bacteria (AOB) that is most commonly found in dirt and untreated water. AOBiome scientists hypothesize that it once lived happily on us too ó before we started washing it away with soap and shampoo ó acting as a built-in cleanser, deodorant, anti-inflammatory and immune booster by feeding on the ammonia in our sweat and converting it into nitrite and nitric oxide.

This is the company FAQ

I'm a new member to the forum and I did a quick search for AOBiome and nothing came up, but apologies if this has already been covered...

Quote Originally Posted by RJOHN View Post
    From this article

For most of my life, if Iíve thought at all about the bacteria living on my skin, it has been while trying to scrub them away. But recently I spent four weeks rubbing them in. I was Subject 26 in testing a living bacterial skin tonic, developed by AOBiome, a biotech start-up in Cambridge, Mass. The tonic looks, feels and tastes like water, but each spray bottle of AO+ Refreshing Cosmetic Mist contains billions of cultivated Nitrosomonas eutropha, an ammonia-oxidizing bacteria (AOB) that is most commonly found in dirt and untreated water. AOBiome scientists hypothesize that it once lived happily on us too ó before we started washing it away with soap and shampoo ó acting as a built-in cleanser, deodorant, anti-inflammatory and immune booster by feeding on the ammonia in our sweat and converting it into nitrite and nitric oxide.

This is the company FAQ

I'm a new member to the forum and I did a quick search for AOBiome and nothing came up, but apologies if this has already been covered...
    Very interesting. Anyone know more? Thanks for posting this.

I heard about this company ages ago, before they had a product on the market. Very exciting! Especially to those of us prone to skin infection.

Thanks for the reminder, I am going to order some

S

Wow, I'd love to know if this works. I've started to think about how I can put some kind of probiotics on my skin but no idea where to start

Hi Jane-Natalee,

I have some on order, but they are so back-ordered due to high demand, mine isn't set to ship until December 18. I ordered it back in early November. Once I start using it I will be sure to keep this thread updated.

S

My order of AO Biome mist arrived today. I plan on getting started with this stuff over the weekend. Will update the forum at a later date.

Anyone else trying this?

S

Quote Originally Posted by SarahS View Post
    My order of AO Biome mist arrived today. I plan on getting started with this stuff over the weekend. Will update the forum at a later date.

Anyone else trying this?

S
    and how did it go ?

Default 10 day update

I finished my first bottle of the AOBiome mist the other day and have started on bottle two. One bottle is supposed to last a week and mine lasted closer to 10 days. I spray down my whole body and face after a shower (typically morning) and then spray again in the evening.

First impressions are good, no adverse reactions anyways, and the best part is I have completely stopped wearing deodorant, and no longer use any cleansers in the shower. This of course is part of the usage instructions because in order to reintroduce this bacteria you must refrain from harsh soaps and cleansers. Anyway, I can't even believe it but after an hour on the treadmill at the gym today, soaked in sweat, I DON"T SMELL!

I still use cleansers on my hair/scalp as I am battling dandruff/seb derm and I need to keep on top of the scale removal, keeping sebum to a minimum, and treating the malassezia. I'm not sure if contact from the shampoos down my back when I rinse is enough to wipe the new bacteria out, though my impression was more the "scrubbing with soaps" that is an issue for destroying whole colonies of the stuff. I am also still experimenting with treatments for the SD on my face, so that may also be compromised.

Other observations so far are mild to moderate improvement of my back and chest breakouts (unknown whether this is yeast/fungal influenced, or just plain acne from oily skin), and slight reduction in a few of my eczema patches--one on my stomach and one on my lower back. I have not been applying any other treatment products to these areas.

It's early days yet, but I wanted to update the forum on my progress.

Any others out there trying it?

S

Default aOBiome

Hi Sarah, How is the product working out for you? I had looked into buying but wanted to hear how you made out. Thanks
    Last edited by mastro; 6th March 2015 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Incorrect