Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: costs me $9000 a year now to use oracea...alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    finally got my order in at the canadian pharmacy. It takes about 3 weeks to get the prescription sent....will let you guys know how it goes. I'm dumping my health care scam plan and just buying the drugs only...amazing how fast this country is going down the toilet...

Very glad for you Dave. Hope this process works well. Yea, health care has
    Taken quite a dive.

Default re

not only am i rather upset at the tripling of my premiums and the 300% increase in my medication, I also feel a duty to dump the insurance as a form of protest against a scammy system. Did any of you guys see that "gruber" guy on tv say that he had to make the "affordable health care" act not transparent in order to get it passed and that americans were "stupid" what a moron...it should be called the "unaffordable care act" rest assured when the govt. names something, the opposite is true! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    Agreed. I've spent at least $200,000 over many years for insurance and doctor visits, for nothing. I had to figure it out by myself.

Default re

got my oracea today...it's called "effacia" outside the u.s..exact same pill...and instead of paying over $22 a pill here (insurance included) i'm paying $1.5 now god bless canada

Good luck Dave! It's so sad how the USA's health care system is so messed up. I am incredibly disappointed with our whole system. It's great when you are healthy but if you really need them they are just not there for you. I am hoping this works out for you. Fingers crossed.

I saw a movie a couple of weeks ago starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway called LOVE AND OTHER DRUGS. Hathaway's charachter suffered from Parkinson's and because of the ridiculously high cost of drugs in the US,she organized a Bus every month or so to travel to Canada to help all those who could not afford the corrupt,shameful,disgraceful American drug prices. I thought Obama wanted to change all this ****. He will finish his two terms having achieved very little.

Default re

thanks melissa, good to hear from you! so happy to have found the canadian pharmacy...wow interesting about that movie! i should watch that. obummer and the cronies really screwed us good....my premiums tripled and the cost of my meds tripled in one month then this whole ferguson thing strikes me as odd...seems like some sort of corruption going on there. plus the constiution gets pissed on constantly...makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I saw a movie a couple of weeks ago starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway called LOVE AND OTHER DRUGS. Hathaway's charachter suffered from Parkinson's and because of the ridiculously high cost of drugs in the US,she organized a Bus every month or so to travel to Canada to help all those who could not afford the corrupt,shameful,disgraceful American drug prices. I thought Obama wanted to change all this ****. He will finish his two terms having achieved very little.

Obama first proposed a single-payer system, like the inexpensive Medicare that people over 65 have, Due to lobbying and political contributions, the insurance companies produced what is now called Obamacare. This is only what the insurance companies wanted, not Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    Obama first proposed a single-payer system, like the inexpensive Medicare that people over 65 have, Due to lobbying and political contributions, the insurance companies produced what is now called Obamacare. This is only what the insurance companies wanted, not Obama.
    Tom I love ya.... But I gotta disagree. Time has revealed his agenda and unfortunately for
    Him and us it has become even more twisted. His lack of experience in all realms of
    Leadership have left Americans in a boat without a rudder. I'm having similar experiences
    To Dave. I had excellent healthcare. I now spend hours on the phone every other week
    And fill out reems of paper work. Recently, I gave up a fight to recover about 900.00
    That is rightfully mine under the law. 2015 is almost here and we have been notified of
    Changes to our healthcare plan again. But this discussion should be in different forum
    So.....

Congrats Dave! So very happy for you. Let us know how you get on with this process.
    I saw that movie too ( good) and was eye opener to realize how true that experience is
    To drive to Canada and get your meds. Put me on that bus!! Lol. Birdie

Birdie Health Insurance Company employees are paid bonuses to find loopholes where they dont have to pay out claims. Capitalism is a good thing but in my view there are certain necessities which should always remain under the control of the People. Healthcare,Energy and Police are my main examples. Recently in my country and others they have privatized some of the duties of the Police. Now we have speed cameras and clampers everywhere persecuting motorists. Bailiff companies have sprouted up all over getting rich with their massive surcharges which they add on to small fines. They have even been given the right to enter your home and confiscate goods to the value of the fine and surcharge if you cant pay. Governments around the world need more and more money every year so they are constantly devising new ways to screw us. They need us to make mistakes so they can pay their fat wages and the huge ever-mounting national debt . This system is no good for any economy and it just pisses on all of us.

dave75, congrats!! Are you paying $15 per pill (still too many $$ for me) or $15 for the prescription? Also, how did you find the Canadian pharmacy? How did you get the prescription to them? Could you provide more info on the whole process? Thanks.