Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Experience with Vbeam Perfecta

What the heck is going on here? You keep saying this is a condescending tone...it is ridiculous. I think there was maybe one condescending remark by arb161, which was hardly a big deal. And you STILL have failed to give deals on the settings. You have provided 1 of the 3 values. It is STILL vague. You come to a forum:

- Act like you know it all
    - Don't care to actually learn anything about settings or what is going on with YOUR skin. I guarantee you the combined knowledge of people here far surpasses that of your technician. People have been doing V-beam here since before you were born.
    - Don't give full details about settings, even after repeated requests. Do you know how this makes it more challenging for people to help?
    - Contribute nothing. In fact, you just complain and fixate on a few comments by one person.
    - Easily offended when people are give you reasonable advice and try to help you. Noone is "against you", but noone should be expected to handle you with kitten gloves either.

How about you mature a bit, try to learn about what is going on with your skin and rosacea, and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Short View Post
    Being vague was an honest mistake. I did call and ask bout the joules/pulse duration and she said it was 6 joules, hence why I said it was set to 6 joules earlier. I didn't say "I think it was set to 6 joules." Responding with a condescending tone to someone who didn't initially use one is incredibly rude. The point I was trying to make about not being the an adult with rosacea was that I'm an uncommon case that few dermatologists in general have dealt with. I understand that everyone is a unique case and this machine can have different effects on people. I'm not gonna post anymore because there is nothing more repulsive than a couple of people who think they know everything and consistently imply that I am ignorant. If you don't mean to be snarky, then don't be, instead of typing "I don't mean to be snarky but go educate yourself."
    I will say it once more .

Show me just one person that got rid of all their redness with lasers . KPRF ,Rosacea Redness what ever

The year is 2014 and these lasers are well past their sell by date . My advice to you my little friend is save your Money .

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post

Show me just one person that got rid of all their redness with lasers . KPRF ,Rosacea Redness what ever

The year is 2014 and these lasers are well past their sell by date . My advice to you my little friend is save your Money .
    I second this advice- save your money mate no proof they actually work and cons>pros

Hi short. Sometimes we have " generation gap"
    Moments on the forum. A lot of different age
    Groups, and it may surprise you to know that
    As you read more, there are a lot of young
    Rosaceans. They need you! So please post
    Your experiences. Sometimes us older folk
    May seem harsh unknowingly but it's because
    We have so many more years of experience
    With the disease and sometimes even regrets
    That we didn't read enough, didn't research
    Enough and the consequences show on our
    Faces. We want the very best for you! Birdie

Lets try not to get off on a tangent in order to respect the OP. But if he/she is not going to post anymore, then I will briefly address this. One thing I have noticed over the years is that there are various types of rosacea symptoms. Some respond well and some poorly. For example, pain can be pretty bad in some cases. In my case, IPL dramatically improved pain and I have heard that from others as well. Though it is not a cosmetic improvement, it is improvement.

I will also say that after a combination of MANY things, I have gone from full blown permanent redness to a light pink. Lasers and IPL HAVE helped, but they are NO MIRACLE either. I was very careful, studied a lot, and worked with the doctors. I would consider myself a success story. I will most likely have rosacea til the day I die, but it is pretty minor and manageable at this point. If you don't expect miracles and just want to improve, lasers and IPL can help if you careful (and probably a little lucky).

Quote Originally Posted by wiry View Post
    Lets try not to get off on a tangent in order to respect the OP. But if he/she is not going to post anymore, then I will briefly address this. One thing I have noticed over the years is that there are various types of rosacea symptoms. Some respond well and some poorly. For example, pain can be pretty bad in some cases. In my case, IPL dramatically improved pain and I have heard that from others as well. Though it is not a cosmetic improvement, it is improvement.

I will also say that after a combination of MANY things, I have gone from full blown permanent redness to a light pink. Lasers and IPL HAVE helped, but they are NO MIRACLE either. I was very careful, studied a lot, and worked with the doctors. I would consider myself a success story. I will most likely have rosacea til the day I die, but it is pretty minor and manageable at this point. If you don't expect miracles and just want to improve, lasers and IPL can help if you careful (and probably a little lucky).

Fair enough Wiry . and that probably sums up the lasers we have at the moment

The problem is that there is very few things that have a good overall track record. We just don't have a lot of options. Lasers/IPL can offer real benefit, but expectations need to be tempered.

Rosacea is a grind. If you want to improve, you have to consistently monitor your skin, find products that work for you, avoid triggers, etc. Then if you do lasers, you probably need to continue to do them. The whole thing is no picnic, but that is just the reality we face. Have to accept that move on. The key along the way is to go slow and don't screw your skin up, but that is easier said than done!

Got rid of all mine with VBeam! Dr Orringer at UofM Ann Arbor in Michigan.

Settings were 7mm/10mm spot size depending on area, 9.5J, 3ms pulse duration. Now my skin is a nice yellowish color as it should be with no redness (other than rosy cheeks I was born with, which is expected). Dealt with permanent accutane induced redness from over 2 years ago. Recovery to 100% no marks leftover (other than small hyperpigmentation that’s expected to clear up over time (likely within 6 months)) was 5-8 weeks each treatment so quite bruised up and intense!

Dr Orringer is probably one of the best in the country, with over 100 published works and studies on skin conditions. A true expert on laser.
    Last edited by Bulletbling; 30th January 2020 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbling View Post
    Got rid of all mine with VBeam! Dr Orringer at UofM Ann Arbor in Michigan.

Settings were 7mm/10mm spot size depending on area, 9.5J, 3ms pulse duration. Now my skin is a nice yellowish color as it should be with no redness (other than rosy cheeks I was born with, which is expected). Dealt with permanent accutane induced redness from over 2 years ago. Recovery to 100% no marks leftover (other than small hyperpigmentation thatís expected to clear up over time (likely within 6 months)) was 5-8 weeks each treatment so quite bruised up and intense!

Dr Orringer is probably one of the best in the country, with over 100 published works and studies on skin conditions. A true expert on laser.
    does anyone know any laser surgeons who have experience with kprf in the UK?

Thanks
    Last edited by Lewis6246; 29th March 2020 at 10:32 AM.